Switching to Sprint.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about switching to Sprint from AT&T. I'm wanting a cheaper bill and unlimited data. I was thinking of T-Mobile too but Sprint is cheaper and people at work that have Sprint don't have problems. I live in Kentucky. Most of my family have Sprint and they don't have any problems. Haven't had any problems with AT&T. I just get close to using over 10 gb a month and I'm not in contract with them either cuz I bought my 6 plus out right. I wanted to take my phone to Sprint cuz it's unlocked but Sprint says I can't. I just want to be happy with my service. Any help would be appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to take my phone to Sprint cuz it's unlocked but Sprint says I can't.
Because Sprint uses CDMA... your AT&T phone was OEMed for AT&T, and Sprint won't activate devices that were not OEMed for their network... It's just the way Sprint works (Verizon too...) -- You can 3rd party sell your AT&T version and use that $$ to buy a Sprint version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Sprint is still using CDMA, you're going to need a CDMA phone to use on its network. As for you being happy with their service, I can't say. When I has service with Sprint, I really didn't have a problem, but I was also in an area with excellent Sprint coverage.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If Sprint is still using CDMA, you're going to need a CDMA phone to use on its network. As for you being happy with their service, I can't say. When I has service with Sprint, I really didn't have a problem, but I was also in an area with excellent Sprint coverage.

Who are you with now??? Why'd you leave???

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If your family has no issues with Sprint you should be good to go. But you'll need a Sprint iPhone.
It's all about location as far as good or bad service. While in Vegas this weekend my buddy on ATT iPhone 5S was having issues. I'm on Sprint and had great service in Vegas.
Last time I was in Orlando FL I had service issues.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Who are you with now??? Why'd you leave???

I currently have service with both Verizon Wireless and AT&T. I switched from Sprint when I stopped using my HTC EVO 4G in lieu of the iPhone 4S, at the time. When I bought the iPhone 4S, shortly after launch, an HH Gregg store in Orlando was one of the few places that had any in stock, and since they were associated with Verizon (at the time), I could only get it with a Verizon account if I wanted to buy it right then and there. I did, and I've never regretted it. I still had my AT&T account at the time, but they were sold out. Anyway, my current iPhone 6 Plus is via AT&T, and I'm grandfathered in with their unlimited data plan....:)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My two cents: I had Sprint a long time ago, and their poor customer service pushed my away. Still today, anytime I talk to a Sprint customer, they have negative things to say about their service—not their coverage.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this works with sprint but I took my T-Mobile iPhone 6 I bought unlocked and put it on Verizon. What I did to achieve this was first get a Verizon branded iPhone and activate my sim on their then put it in my iPhone. Everything works fine 3G, LTE, Volte, etc. Apple kept the CDMA bands unlocked on all iPhones this go round but I'm not sure exactly how it'll work with a sprint sim. But I can confirm that I put my GSM iPhone on Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this works with sprint but I took my T-Mobile iPhone 6 I bought unlocked and put it on Verizon. What I did to achieve this was first get a Verizon branded iPhone and activate my sim on their then put it in my iPhone. Everything works fine 3G, LTE, Volte, etc. Apple kept the CDMA bands unlocked on all iPhones this go round but I'm not sure exactly how it'll work with a sprint sim. But I can confirm that I put my GSM iPhone on Verizon.
Interesting... because historically - the only devices that could be used on Verizon's network were ones that were OEMed for them...

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since 2002. I have no complaints. Both their coverage and service has gotten better over the years.

Plus, the price is right, and unlimited data is the best. I recommend them.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... because historically - the only devices that could be used on Verizon's network were ones that were OEMed for them...

I'm positive they won't activate a phone that's not theirs but far as taking a active sim and putting it in a unlocked iPhone 6 works. This wouldn't work last year with a 5s but I'm guessing this year Apple kept all the cellular bands unlocked. I used a Verizon iPhone 5s to activate the sim and it shows as a 5s on my account but I'm using a 6.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint customer service is cool. I've never had a issue with them I rarely talk to them.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Because Sprint uses CDMA... your AT&T phone was OEMed for AT&T, and Sprint won't activate devices that were not OEMed for their network... It's just the way Sprint works (Verizon too...) -- You can 3rd party sell your AT&T version and use that $$ to buy a Sprint version.

The AT&T iPhone model is the same model as the Verizon and T-Mobile variant so you would need to get it unlocked if you bought it at AT&T or I remember reading of you bought it outright at the Apple store it is already. Article was on technobuffalo. The AT&T model would in theory on Verizon. The unlocked model at the Apple store is the same model Sprint sells so that would work on all 4 major carriers in theory

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Sprint customer service is cool. I've never had a issue with them I rarely talk to them.

I've had a great experience talking to sprint customer service reps unlike with Verizon and T-Mobile. AT&T wasn't bad.

They didn't have to do anything for me when I took up their offer to pay my installment plan with Verizon since it was Verizon's fault but they tried to help me get the reward card and did

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

They will say that so you buy a phone from them. As long as it has all the right bands it should work. Verizon didn't sell the nexus 6 until like March but there was people buying it directly from Google and Motorola getting it to work on Verizon. If you had a nano sim already it helped.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a great experience talking to sprint customer service reps unlike with Verizon and T-Mobile. AT&T wasn't bad.

They didn't have to do anything for me when I took up their offer to pay my installment plan with Verizon since it was Verizon's fault but they tried to help me get the reward card and did

I used to work in Customer Service many moons ago and it's the luck of the draw if you get a good rep on the line.
It can be a stressful job because no matter who comes on the line you have to be pleasant. No matter what my issue is I try to be nice and in turn they are nice usually.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I used to work in Customer Service many moons ago and it's the luck of the draw if you get a good rep on the line.
It can be a stressful job because no matter who comes on the line you have to be pleasant. No matter what my issue is I try to be nice and in turn they are nice usually.

The thing is with T-mobile at least for me was they were nice but had no clue what they were doing and couldn't handle a simple return so I left and joined Verizon. Verizon never gave me the $200 for porting my number and took 2 months to get them give me my final bill. The Verizon reps weren't the greatest but they were polite

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Speed wise sprint isn't the greatest nor is coverage but for me at least it's good enough. I average speeds around 5-13 mbps and sometimes see 20-30 mbps. Today I got 66

c7b3a60cd9559a4d50c0b245de7c9b13.jpg

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is much much better. I've been with them about 5 years. LTE here in Philadelphia has greatly improved in the last few years. I was in Birmingham Alabama last weekend and I didn't need to use the hotel wifi and was able to post vids to Instagram and FB while on the street.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner