I'm currently with Verizon. Was with sprint for years. I'm wanting to switch back to get unlimited again. I was wondering if I could get opinions on the service if it has got better worse or the same.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5
    02-17-2014 06:47 PM
    I think that T-Mobile is better than Sprint now.
    Beyond Fire and MRSBROWN2006 like this.
    02-17-2014 06:48 PM
    It all depends on your location. Which carrier is better for me may be the worst for you.
    anon4757448 and MRSBROWN2006 like this.
    02-17-2014 06:48 PM
    Agreed, I think If I ever leave Verizon then I would choose T-Mobile over any other carrier.
    02-17-2014 06:50 PM
    Depends on your area.
    iOS Gravity and bouche123 like this.
    02-17-2014 06:52 PM
    I've got LTE in my area

02-17-2014 07:04 PM
    I'm just wanting good service unlimited data

02-17-2014 07:05 PM
    I'm just wanting good service unlimited data

Depends on area, had Sprint for years and in my area it has greatly improved.
    02-17-2014 07:36 PM
    I live in Louisville Ky.

02-17-2014 07:44 PM
    I'm with Sprint. I guess it depends where you are.
    I'm in Philadelphia and it's good here and getting better. LTE is has made improvements since I got a LTE phone, the 5S in September.

Anywhere in the country that I have traveled it's been cool. That's been my experience. There hasn't been a time where I was not satisfied with the service.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about data limits or any limits.
    taz323 and anon4757448 like this.
    02-17-2014 08:05 PM
    Depends on your location.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-17-2014 08:12 PM
    I'm with Sprint. I guess it depends where you are.
    I'm in Philadelphia and it's good here and getting better. LTE is has made improvements since I got a LTE phone, the 5S in September.

Anywhere in the country that I have traveled it's been cool. That's been my experience. There hasn't been a time where I was not satisfied with the service.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about data limits or any limits.
    My thoughts exactly...but I'm in St. Louis.

02-17-2014 08:14 PM
    For me I feel like it has gotten worse. Where I once had good coverage it has started to degrade. It could be that they are improving the service, but that has been my experience. I live in Raleigh, NC.
    02-17-2014 10:21 PM
    We are, without a doubt! I don't know any location where Sprint comes close to T-Mobile. I even get service where AT&T doesn't; and I find my speeds to be faster than AT&T too in a few major cities. =)

Why does T-Mobile have to be at the bottom? Is it because we're off contract? Lol

Don't get Sprint. It's worse now than it's ever been, sad to say.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    02-17-2014 11:37 PM
    Don't get Sprint. It's worse now than it's ever been, sad to say.

Everyone has there own opinion, never had an issue with Sprint, service has steadily improved. An IMO T Mobile in my area is the worst.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    02-17-2014 11:56 PM
    Everyone I know says there are a lot of drop outs in the city and miles of no survis sometimes but I have not ever used them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-18-2014 12:17 AM
    I'm currently with Verizon. Was with sprint for years. I'm wanting to switch back to get unlimited again. I was wondering if I could get opinions on the service if it has got better worse or the same.

I think the service has gotten better, but the management has gotten worse. I'm actually in a Spark area, their 3 LTE bands to one phone thing, so I'd expect a bit better service. The other day, they randomly took out the tower I connect to from home. My buddy lives within a 300-400 feet from me, so same tower. His service went out too. I contacted Sprint, and they claimed it was normal maintenance. I told them that doesn't make sense, as taking a tower down without warning people first is stupid. If it was planned, they should've told us first, as they'd know. Even then, if that was the case, why take the tower down? I don't know a way that they could take the whole thing down, as most carriers upgrade in place.

Tl;dr, The service has gotten better, but their management is still stupid.
    02-18-2014 07:35 AM
    Been with Sprint for over a decade honesty they have gotten much better but there signal growth has been surpassed by the likes of T-mobile

That's the reality but it works for me

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    anon4757448 and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-18-2014 07:49 AM
    Been with Sprint for over a decade honesty they have gotten much better but there signal growth has been surpassed by the likes of T-mobile

That's the reality but it works for me

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    Same here, been with them so long they don't even have the unlimited package I have anymore, I have LTE, and it all works. Sprint would love for me to give that up.
    02-18-2014 07:55 AM
    I've been with Sprint since late 2009 and never had any issues with coverage in my home state or any other state I've been to. I've been across country several times since 2009.
    But everyone will have different experiences depending on location and any past experience with Sprint.

Would I advise anyone to get Sprint? Sure why not. Its just a wireless carrier. It's not that deep for me.

If I can call you,text you email you then I'm good, and I've never had a problem doing those things on Sprint and it's even better if I don't have to worry about limits.

Check each carriers coverage map and decide based on that or go where you feel you get the best deal.
    kataran, anon4757448 and taz323 like this.
    02-18-2014 09:27 AM
    Here in East Tennessee the service has gotten great since they rolled out 4g service. I would definitely check their coverage maps.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-09-2014 11:55 AM
    Depends on your area.
    I am glad you pointed that out. Sprint and Tmobile seem to switch between third and fourth place depending on where you are as far as coverage is concerned. The big difference seems to be that sprint cannot shake the stink of all of their past screw ups, while Tmobile under Legere seems to be making the right moves. I am saying this as a long time Sprint customer. Even though I have been with Sprint for so long, I hope that Sprint and Tmobile merge just to see what Tmobile can do with the combined resources.
    kataran and anon4757448 like this.
    05-01-2014 10:06 PM
    Sprint sucks in California and the U.S. as a whole even there 3G is horrible....I know because my cousins have Sprint and I get coverage everywhere with Verizon that they don't
    10-06-2014 01:42 PM
    My thoughts exactly...but I'm in St. Louis.

I'm in St Louis as well, and while I haven't been with Sprint in years, I have co-workers who are constantly complaining about the terrible data speeds. They are all going to switch to a different carrier in the next few months when their contracts are up. They say that even with "LTE", webpages won't load, emails won't send so what good is LTE if it doesn't perform?
    10-06-2014 04:02 PM
    In San Diego CA, it has gotten worse, much worse. I get bumped-off of LTE frequently. I no-longer get LTE in areas I use to be able to get LTE about four months ago. My iPhone says LTE but when I test the speed, it is slower than it use to be; around 5Mbs download and 2Mbs upload, where it use to be over 10Mbs download and over 5Mbs upload just four to five months ago. I work in a business park, where we should get decent coverage and my phone frequently displays 1X, which is lower than 3G. I'll send a text to my wife from work letting her know I'm on my way home and she won't receive it until after I get home about 45 minutes later.
    I'm switching to T-Mobile's unlimited plan in four months when my contract is over. I hope it is better. Will post what happens when I do.
    09-09-2015 08:42 PM
31 12