Should I stay with Sprint or Switch with Verizon Wireless

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My parents have Verizon my sister has sprint in our area sprint is terrible. It's always about the area though make sure Verizon is good where you live!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a difference be twine Verizon and At&t? other than gsm and cdma..

Sure. There's loads of techie oriented reading for those inclined to google the subject of the virtues of GSM vs CDMA... the bottom line is which one works in the places you need it to work... AT&T has crappy EDGE service in my neighborhood, and Verizon has LTE - that's a lot of difference. :D

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Sure. There's loads of techie oriented reading for those inclined to google the subject of the virtues of GSM vs CDMA... the bottom line is which one works in the places you need it to work... AT&T has crappy EDGE service in my neighborhood, and Verizon has LTE - that's a lot of difference. :D

That's true

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can't believe nobody mentioned this - without a doubt first and foremost while looking for a carrier you should see what works best in your area. And this is something that will be different for everyone based on their location. So, with that being said, if Sprint works well for the OP then by all means, stay put. If not, move on to another carrier that works best for you. Fact is, nobody here can tell you what carrier will work the best for you.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe nobody mentioned this - without a doubt first and foremost while looking for a carrier you should see what works best in your area. And this is something that will be different for everyone based on their location. So, with that being said, if Sprint works well for the OP then by all means, stay put. If not, move on to another carrier that works best for you. Fact is, nobody here can tell you what carrier will work the best for you.

I don't like Sprint anymore I've been with them for to long

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't like Sprint anymore I've been with them for to long

Well where ever you decide to go, make sure the other service works well. You could always get a new line to test out and if it does, then port your number over.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had sprint it was ok ( work phone ) personally I have Verizon .. I hate droids just personal preference I have had a iphone on Verizon since they got them .. No issues with Verizon service in years ( customer of 10 plus years )

Look where you live make sure Verizon has LTE or look into att

I personally had bad service issues with att and never any issue with Verizon that's why I won't change

Att LTE seems to be faster than Verizon but honestly both are faster than most home wifi connections so you really can't go wrong

Look at coverage where you live but more than likely Verizon has you covered but check LTE coverage also

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon does have a trade-in program. Verizon only has the Share Everything Plan-check it out before you make any choices. good luck.....

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You will also have the 14 day period that you can stop using the service. Also a friend of mine went to the note 2 and loves it. He use to use a iPhone 4 before. I can tell you LTE is nice if its in your area. Make sure Verizon has good service where you live AT&T might be better? For me Verizon is the best not because of the phones they have but because of the service. I have ranged from 14 all the way to 50 MBPS down in my area with Verizon.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The majority of the time, Verizon is going to provide better coverage and speeds than Sprint. Verizon has more spectrum. And Verizon has more customers, which means they have more money to spend on the network. I've been on Sprint's LTE and it is nothing to get excited about. I consistently get over 25Mbps on Verizon LTE. I travel a lot for work, and I see these speeds all over the country.

And for your phone, get whatever feels better to you. Personally I have an iPhone 5 and a HTC Droid DNA. I can't pick between Android and iOS, so I have both :)

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The majority of the time, Verizon is going to provide better coverage and speeds than Sprint. Verizon has more spectrum. And Verizon has more customers, which means they have more money to spend on the network. I've been on Sprint's LTE and it is nothing to get excited about. I consistently get over 25Mbps on Verizon LTE. I travel a lot for work, and I see these speeds all over the country.

And for your phone, get whatever feels better to you. Personally I have an iPhone 5 and a HTC Droid DNA. I can't pick between Android and iOS, so I have both :)

What's the difference from battery life for iOS and Android?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well sprint is not bad price wise I know sprint will work with you there cheaper then Verizon and AT&T and its true unlimited sprint really is working on there towers for better service in a year or so that "sprint sucks" is a thing of the past

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Well sprint is not bad price wise I know sprint will work with you there cheaper then Verizon and AT&T and its true unlimited sprint really is working on there towers for better service in a year or so that "sprint sucks" is a thing of the past

Verizon is better than Sprint. That's my thing.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is better than Sprint. That's my thing.

Why do you say Verizon is better than Sprint? It's all based on location location location. I don't have LTE where I live now on Sprint, but other than that, Sprint is very comparable to Verizon in my area. Where I used to live, Sprint and even T-Mobile got better reception than Verizon and AT&T. I say stick with Sprint and save the $$$. But that's just me.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Why do you say Verizon is better than Sprint? It's all based on location location location. I don't have LTE where I live now on Sprint, but other than that, Sprint is very comparable to Verizon in my area. Where I used to live, Sprint and even T-Mobile got better reception than Verizon and AT&T. I say stick with Sprint and save the $$$. But that's just me.

Tbh T-Mobile does not have 4G LTE and Sprint sucks because I don't like the service and I believe Verizon is good for me.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Although I am with AT&T I would suggest going to big red. The coverage is the best however you will pay a pretty penny for their service and lose your unlimited data. I am in jersey and my coverage with Sprint was spotty where I live so I had to switch. I would suggest a trial run with Verizon before cutting ties with Sprint, check out the coverage in your area and see if the plans they have available will fit your budget.