Well, tomorrow kicks off the 2019 college football season with Miami vs Florida here in Orlando. I am so pumped!

In celebration of tomorrow’s kickoff, I am watching the 2003 game featuring the U and the Gators on the ACC Network....
    mumfoau and parker5011 like this.
    08-23-2019 10:26 PM
    Wait what? How did the start of college football sneak up on me?
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    08-23-2019 11:50 PM
    As a Notre Dame Law School alum... Go Irish!
    mumfoau likes this.
    08-24-2019 12:12 AM
    As a Notre Dame Law School alum... Go Irish!
    Get the heck out of this thread....lol.... No Fightin’ Virus, er um, Fightin’ Irish allowed...
    08-24-2019 07:51 AM
    Wait what? How did the start of college football sneak up on me?
    Coverage begins at 7 PM eastern on ESPN. You know the old saying...”be there or be square”....
    mumfoau and Spencerdl like this.
    08-24-2019 07:54 AM
    Coverage begins at 7 PM eastern on ESPN. You know the old saying...”be there or be square”....
    Oh yeah, I’ll be there!
    08-24-2019 08:09 AM
    Thank goodness it’s here.
    I too have been watching all of the old games
    Geaux Tigers
    08-24-2019 10:51 AM
    Just under two hours to go...

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-24-2019 05:45 PM
    Just under two hours to go...

[IMG=600x927]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190824/cb8743d06fcc07ef96a03968764826ab.jpg[/url]
    MEH....LOL
    08-24-2019 05:51 PM
    MEH....LOL
    Man, I’m so ready for this kickoff to the point where I can barely contain myself.......It’s football season.
    Can you feel it?
    Can You Feel It?
    CAN YOU FEEL IT?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-24-2019 05:53 PM
    Man, I’m so ready for this kickoff to the point where I can barely contain myself.......It’s football season.
    Can you feel it?
    Can You Feel It?
    CAN YOU FEEL IT?
    LOL...YES, my reminder has been set since early this morning...LOL
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2019 06:10 PM
    I'm going with the Gators, not because they're ranked #8 , but because JustMeD is going with the Hurricanes...LOL
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2019 07:03 PM
    I'm going with the Gators, not because they're ranked #8 , but because JustMeD is going with the Hurricanes...LOL
    I’m also going with the Hurricanes!!!
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-24-2019 07:04 PM
    08-24-2019 07:14 PM
    Good Game. Good Finish. Entertaining. ...GATORS WIN!!!
    08-24-2019 10:46 PM
    Yeah, that was a good game, even if the ball did have butter on it. I kept hearing how the Gators were gonna blow the Canes out. That didn't happen.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-24-2019 10:56 PM
    The game was good, but my gosh, that young O-line for Miami has got to step up and protect the QB.

As for the QB, he should already know how to throw the ball away in lieu of taking a sack.

N’Koshi Perry would have gotten the ball in the end zone in the waning seconds of the game.

Both teams have work to do to fix the issues that were exposed throughout the game. The Gators’ QB will not be playing on Sundays, in my opinion, but several members of the D-line will be.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-25-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-25-2019 07:29 AM
    Yeah, that was a good game, even if the ball did have butter on it. I kept hearing how the Gators were gonna blow the Canes out. That didn't happen.
    This is the first time the Gators beat the U in quite some time, and they barely did it last night even though they are the better team right now.

The Gators’ QB is too unpredictable to be reliable, but he’s surrounded by awesome talent.

Time management was horrendous for Miami, and once again, the O-line was the weak link.

Both team do not play again until September 7th so we’ll see if they’ve worked out the kinks that were exposed in the season opener.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-25-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Spencerdl and Ledsteplin like this.
    08-25-2019 07:35 AM
    I think this will be one of those years everybody loves and hates the playoff system. There’s probably 5-6 teams with legitimate chances of winning the playoff and championship game and still only 4 will get in. It’s better than the old system but needs room for tweaking....that said I’m Penn State Alumni and unless Michigan falls apart I’ve resolved myself to the fact that as long as we beat Ohio State I’m good...
    Dwood1970 likes this.
    08-26-2019 07:28 AM
    08-26-2019 11:09 AM
    This is the first time the Gators beat the U in quite some time, and they barely did it last night even though they are the better team right now.

The Gators’ QB is too unpredictable to be reliable, but he’s surrounded by awesome talent.

Time management was horrendous for Miami, and once again, the O-line was the weak link.

Both team do not play again until September 7th so we’ll see if they’ve worked out the kinks that were exposed in the season opener.
    I was impressed with the Canes pass rush. They kept Franks off balance all night. Your young QB will develop. Enos is known as a great QB coach. I'm sure he'll have some influence. With Enos as QB coach, Bama saw a big improvement in Jalen Hurts.
    08-26-2019 11:47 AM
    I was impressed with the Canes pass rush. They kept Franks off balance all night. Your young QB will develop. Enos is known as a great QB coach. I'm sure he'll have some influence. With Enos as QB coach, Bama saw a big improvement in Jalen Hurts.
    I was impressed with the new QB’s poise, minus holding onto the football when he should have been throwing it away in lieu of being sacked. If they can shore up that offensive line then they can be a scary force in the league, but until then they’ll be unpredictable which will cause the media to be cautious of ranking them.
    08-26-2019 06:36 PM
    I was impressed with the new QB’s poise, minus holding onto the football when he should have been throwing it away in lieu of being sacked. If they can shore up that offensive line then they can be a scary force in the league, but until then they’ll be unpredictable which will cause the media to be cautious of ranking them.
    Yeah, I thought Williams played well for his first game ever, against a good (not great) Florida defense. I was disappointed in Enos throwing him under the bus with his post game comments. Those comments were totally uncalled for. Enos should remember what Bear Bryant said:

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-28-2019 12:00 PM
    Yeah, I thought Williams played well for his first game ever, against a good (not great) Florida defense. I was disappointed in Enos throwing him under the bus with his post game comments. Those comments were totally uncalled for. Enos should remember what Bear Bryant said:

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."
    Well stated, sir.
    08-28-2019 08:21 PM
    Speaking of college football, here are some games scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday).

Ledsteplin and Dwood1970 like this.
    08-28-2019 08:24 PM
115 123 ...