NCAA Football 2019

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The first CFP rankings. They rate teams on the ones they determine are the best to date. This can change from week to week.

11. Auburn
10. Florida
6. Georgia
5. Clemson
4. Penn State
3. Alabama
2. LSU
1. Ohio State

This is what I had, except I had Bama 2 and LSU 3. They'll battle that out Saturday.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The first CFP rankings. They rate teams on the ones they determine are the best to date. This can change from week to week.

11. Auburn
10. Florida
6. Georgia
5. Clemson
4. Penn State
3. Alabama
2. LSU
1. Ohio State

This is what I had, except I had Bama 2 and LSU 3. They'll battle that out Saturday.

I see a screw job already taking place with the current undefeated and defending national champions. Yes, the rankings can change week to week, BUT, if it does not, you and I both know that Clemson will have gotten screwed.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I see a screw job already taking place with the current undefeated and defending national champions. Yes, the rankings can change week to week, BUT, if it does not, you and I both know that Clemson will have gotten screwed.
If Clemson wins it out they will be in there. Alabama and LSU will be determined this weekend, and then Clemson will slide in. Clemson being the reigning champs doesn't carry that much weight the way they have played with the schedule they have. Auburn (my team) and most of the SEC would be undefeated if they had Clemson schedule,plus Oregon, texas, Washington, and heck probably UCF would be undefeated with Clemsons schedule lol. Clemson being undefeated is great, but the majority of their wins are lack luster, and you can tell they are having motivation issues. If they make it undefeated they will more than likely play like they did last year in the playoffs, but they aren't playing like a top 4 team right now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Clemson wins it out they will be in there. Alabama and LSU will be determined this weekend, and then Clemson will slide in. Clemson being the reigning champs doesn't carry that much weight the way they have played with the schedule they have. Auburn (my team) and most of the SEC would be undefeated if they had Clemson schedule,plus Oregon, texas, Washington, and heck probably UCF would be undefeated with Clemsons schedule lol. Clemson being undefeated is great, but the majority of their wins are lack luster, and you can tell they are having motivation issues. If they make it undefeated they will more than likely play like they did last year in the playoffs, but they aren't playing like a top 4 team right now.

I understand, but every game will not be a blowout. Any champion will play down to an opponent on occasions. That’s just how it is. Besides, a win is a win, right?

With that being said, everyone knows I’m all about the U and Clemson is not among my favorites. I puke be saying the same thing, regardless of the tram in Clemson’s position, except for Notre Dame...lol...j/k.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

But "defending champion" doesn't carry the weight it used to. Last year's team is not this year's team. It's who they think is best now. Winning your conference doesn't mean you get in either. They have their criteria and what not they use to decide the 4 best teams. If LSU loses to Bama by 2 points, they could still get in over an undefeated team, if they looked really good but lost by 2. They consider strength of schedule. And that's Clemson's real problem. Their schedule is really soft. That and barely winning by 1 point to North Carolina. Texas A&M is probably the best team they've played or will play. And TAMU has 3 losses, including the loss to Clemson. I think they need an 8 team playoff, like they do in Division ll. There's more talk about a 6 team playoff, but it's complicated. An 8 team would be simpler.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But "defending champion" doesn't carry the weight it used to. Last year's team is not this year's team. It's who they think is best now. Winning your conference doesn't mean you get in either. They have their criteria and what not they use to decide the 4 best teams. If LSU loses to Bama by 2 points, they could still get in over an undefeated team, if they looked really good but lost by 2. They consider strength of schedule. And that's Clemson's real problem. Their schedule is really soft. That and barely winning by 1 point to North Carolina. Texas A&M is probably the best team they've played or will play. And TAMU has 3 losses, including the loss to Clemson. I think they need an 8 team playoff, like they do in Division ll. There's more talk about a 6 team playoff, but it's complicated. An 8 team would be simpler.

Yeah, I know....but I hate it...lol

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My hats off to the Minnesota golden gophers and their great win over Penn State today in their own back yard, great football game.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome game. I knew LSU would win, but I didn’t think it would be a nail biter...

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Yikes...as a member of the Penn State Alumni today hurt a lot. That said...due to the way the rankings work if PSU pulls off a miracle win at OSU while the Buckeyes are still undefeated PSU could sneak back into number 4 in time to make the playoffs. Wishful thinking...but you never know.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yikes...as a member of the Penn State Alumni today hurt a lot. That said...due to the way the rankings work if PSU pulls off a miracle win at OSU while the Buckeyes are still undefeated PSU could sneak back into number 4 in time to make the playoffs. Wishful thinking...but you never know.

No offense, but I hope that doesn’t happen! :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
AP TOP 10 Week 12
The CFP Poll comes out Tuesday night.
c5c2a30efb2da60c11c9f456170f3c3c.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Game day here today, Michigan and Michigan State in the Big House, the back yard brawl is about to begin, Go Blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but Ohio State made it perfectly clear with their opening touchdown drive that they will not be losing to Penn State today...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Harvard & Yale Students are protesting on the field (delay of third quarter) for Climate awareness ...WOW
I wonder if the POTUS will call them Non-American?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Harvard & Yale Students are protesting on the field (delay of third quarter) for Climate awareness ...WOW
I wonder if the POTUS will call them Non-American?

Who in the world is unaware of the “climate”? Sometimes it’s sunny, other times it’s cloudy. At times it rains and other times it snows. On occasion we get thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes and hurricanes/tsunamis. The weather can warm to hot year round like in the tropics or it can be freezing like in the poles.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods