NCAA Football 2019

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time the Gators beat the U in quite some time, and they barely did it last night even though they are the better team right now.

The Gators’ QB is too unpredictable to be reliable, but he’s surrounded by awesome talent.

Time management was horrendous for Miami, and once again, the O-line was the weak link.

Both team do not play again until September 7th so we’ll see if they’ve worked out the kinks that were exposed in the season opener.

I was impressed with the Canes pass rush. They kept Franks off balance all night. Your young QB will develop. Enos is known as a great QB coach. I'm sure he'll have some influence. With Enos as QB coach, Bama saw a big improvement in Jalen Hurts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was impressed with the Canes pass rush. They kept Franks off balance all night. Your young QB will develop. Enos is known as a great QB coach. I'm sure he'll have some influence. With Enos as QB coach, Bama saw a big improvement in Jalen Hurts.

I was impressed with the new QB’s poise, minus holding onto the football when he should have been throwing it away in lieu of being sacked. If they can shore up that offensive line then they can be a scary force in the league, but until then they’ll be unpredictable which will cause the media to be cautious of ranking them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was impressed with the new QB’s poise, minus holding onto the football when he should have been throwing it away in lieu of being sacked. If they can shore up that offensive line then they can be a scary force in the league, but until then they’ll be unpredictable which will cause the media to be cautious of ranking them.

Yeah, I thought Williams played well for his first game ever, against a good (not great) Florida defense. I was disappointed in Enos throwing him under the bus with his post game comments. Those comments were totally uncalled for. Enos should remember what Bear Bryant said:

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I thought Williams played well for his first game ever, against a good (not great) Florida defense. I was disappointed in Enos throwing him under the bus with his post game comments. Those comments were totally uncalled for. Enos should remember what Bear Bryant said:

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."

Well stated, sir.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of college football, here are some games scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday).

351c197ca3d358282aaa3c3c6bbaa57f.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to tell if Jalen Hurts is a better passing QB with Oklahoma because the receivers are so wide open...LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to tell if Jalen Hurts is a better passing QB with Oklahoma because the receivers are so wide open...LOL

They weren't open every time. He made several great throws. He was 20 of 23 passing for 332 yards, and ran for 176 yards, for a total of 508 yards. That's an Oklahoma record. 3 touchdown passes and 3 rushing touchdowns. That's pretty good, regardless of how many receivers were open. I think he does well all season. He did well last year at Bama as back up.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome one game performance. If he plays like this and stays healthy he’ll be in the Heisman conversation in November. But there’s a lot more football to play.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They weren't open every time. He made several great throws. He was 20 of 23 passing for 332 yards, and ran for 176 yards, for a total of 508 yards. That's an Oklahoma record. 3 touchdown passes and 3 rushing touchdowns. That's pretty good, regardless of how many receivers were open. I think he does well all season. He did well last year at Bama as back up.

Yes, it was a great performance no doubt, but I didn't see any real "hard" throws during the game, all of his receivers was so open you (Ledsteplin) could have had great passing numbers on that defense...LOL. We all know Jason can run/rush the football, I want to see those hard throws that's going to get him in the NFL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Awesome one game performance. If he plays like this and stays healthy he’ll be in the Heisman conversation in November. But there’s a lot more football to play.

I agree, it was a good game for him and if he can continue this type of performance throughout the season he will definitely be in the Heisman conversation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was a great performance no doubt, but I didn't see any real "hard" throws during the game, all of his receivers was so open you (Ledsteplin) could have had great passing numbers on that defense...LOL. We all know Jason can run/rush the football, I want to see those hard throws that's going to get him in the NFL

Go back and watch the game again. You'll see some "hard" throws. And many times, he did great to find the open guy, when his intended target was covered up. His current metric ranking is 1st. Tua is 6th, and Trevor Lawrence is 50th. LOL Still a lot of games to play.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Go back and watch the game again. You'll see some "hard" throws. And many times, he did great to find the open guy, when his intended target was covered up. His current metric ranking is 1st. Tua is 6th, and Trevor Lawrence is 50th. LOL Still a lot of games to play.

No, I don't have to go back and watch the game and neither does all of the sports analyst that said the same exact thing I did. Maybe you should go back and watch the game, but this time put your glasses on...LOL. Finding the open guy?...they was all open...LOL.
Hurt play a good game, but let's be honest, that defense for Houston wasn't that good.
There's a reason Hurt kept saying we have to get better during the post game interview....He knows.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't have to go back and watch the game and neither does all of the sports analyst that said the same exact thing I did. Maybe you should go back and watch the game, but this time put your glasses on...LOL. Finding the open guy?...they was all open...LOL.
Hurt play a good game, but let's be honest, that defense for Houston wasn't that good.
There's a reason Hurt kept saying we have to get better during the post game interview....He knows.

I did. I saw several great throws where the guy was not "open". He got that "We have to get better" stuff from Nick Saban. LOL

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
College football is back and Michigan looked OK for their first game. Hoping this team will finally get the two most important wins, Michigan State and Ohio State. It’s a long season and I am ready, Go Blue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2