NCAA Football 2018

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems to me (admittedly, with limited knowledge) that this is happening more and more. I'm not sure why this is the new trend.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I just saw on Twitter that Jalen Hurts is transferring to Oklahoma!

I am also an Oklahoma Sooners fan from back in the Barry Switzer days and it should be interesting. Sometimes change is a good thing, just like when Shea Patterson transferred to Michigan and became the starting QB. Makes college football interesting.

Being I was born and raised in Michigan, I am a loyal Wolverine football fan. I became a dual fan way back when they had those great Oklahoma teams Barry Switzer coached. God I love college football.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My issue was out of all the great places in DC to get food, that’s the trash that was picked. I mean, I didn’t see any vegetarian or vegan or kosher options on the list. Not all people in that age group eat that crap. Some of them actually care what they put in their body. And just to be clear the fries are not vegan.

I felt more thought could have gone into this*

What would a bunch of college football players have preferred? They aren't a bunch of vegans. They liked it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What would a bunch of college football players have preferred? They aren't a bunch of vegans. They liked it.

Maybe this is just my open minded, urban thinking but I feel that’s a ridiculous stereotype!! There are tons of young athletes that are not meat eaters. I know plenty. There are also many people out here that actually care about what they put in their bodies...young people included. There are also many people that choose not to eat things for spiritual & religious reasons.

With that being said, if they liked it, that’s great! What I said was it’s hard for me to believe that every player on that team has the same diet. I also can’t say whether they had other options. I’m speaking on what I saw.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this is just my open minded, urban thinking but I feel that’s a ridiculous stereotype!! There are tons of young athletes that are not meat eaters. I know plenty. There are also many people out here that actually care about what they put in their bodies...young people included. There are also many people that choose not to eat things for spiritual & religious reasons.

With that being said, if they liked it, that’s great! What I said was it’s hard for me to believe that every player on that team has the same diet. I also can’t say whether they had other options. I’m speaking on what I saw.

They had pizza too. I just don't see it an issue. Obama used to bring in hamburgers at the WH. Don't recall anyone making issue of that.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
They had pizza too. I just don't see it an issue. Obama used to bring in hamburgers at the WH. Don't recall anyone making issue of that.

There’s so many responses I could think of but I don’t want to start a political argument.
I hope they enjoyed themselves.
I hope the government gets their act together (both sides) and ends this ridiculous shutdown or next years national champions are going to have to bring their own food.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I think you’re interpreting my thoughts wrong. My thoughts literally have nothing to do with who the president is. I would have said the same about anyone that did this. I’m a medical professional & vegan. The fact that people still brag about putting crap into their bodies, with all the information that’s available, is unsettling. Most people that die of unnatural causes could have prevented illness & death by changing their diet. I’ve seen athletes, healthy looking on the outside, drop dead...90% of the causes could have been prevented by changing diet. I mean I can go on & on!!! Even if these details weren’t a factor, I’m an advocate of trying new things in different states. I would be annoyed if I visited someone & they set aside time for us to have things I can have at home. No it doesn’t have to be expensive, but it could be something that’s exclusive to the area. I mean, put a little thought into it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think you’re interpreting my thoughts wrong. My thoughts literally have nothing to do with who the president is. I would have said the same about anyone that did this. I’m a medical professional & vegan. The fact that people still brag about putting crap into their bodies, with all the information that’s available, is unsettling. Most people that die of unnatural causes could have prevented illness & death by changing their diet. I’ve seen athletes, healthy looking on the outside, drop dead...90% of the causes could have been prevented by changing diet. I mean I can go on & on!!! Even if these details weren’t a factor, I’m an advocate of trying new things in different states. I would be annoyed if I visited someone & they set aside time for us to have things I can have at home. No it doesn’t have to be expensive, but it could be something that’s exclusive to the area. I mean, put a little thought into it.

That’s one of the great thing about visiting different parts of the country or the world, trying food that is native to those areas! Unfortunately junk food is everywhere.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s one of the great thing about visiting different parts of the country or the world, trying food that is native to those areas! Unfortunately junk food is everywhere.

Hamburgers are not necessarily junk food. The fries many eat with it may be.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hamburgers are not necessarily junk food. The fries many eat with it may be.

While you may be able get a fairly healthy hamburger at a nice restaurant, a McDonalds hamburger is not that.
I know you’re trying to defend “someone” but trying to defend McDonalds food is equally as difficult.
JMHO.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Most football players eat a lot of meat. They like steaks, burgers, fried chicken, etc. It's a big part of their diet. Bama players usually eat a steak before every game. Usually the night before. The vast majority of the country are not vegan.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
While you may be able get a fairly healthy hamburger at a nice restaurant, a McDonalds hamburger is not that.
I know you’re trying to defend “someone” but trying to defend McDonalds food is equally as difficult.
JMHO.

What's in a McDonald's burger that's bad for you? Beef? Pickle? Onion? Lettuce? Ketchup? Cheese? Bread? Looks pretty healthy to me, as long as you don't eat those fries that are loaded with fat.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Most football players eat a lot of meat. They like steaks, burgers, fried chicken, etc. It's a big part of their diet. Bama players usually eat a steak before every game. Usually the night before. The vast majority of the country are not vegan.

Idk who/what you’re intending to defend, but it’s overshadowing the intent of my comments. Let’s just agree to disagree

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods