NCAA Football 2018

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the Sooners would have started the game like they did in the second half, they might have upset Bama, but when you dig yourself a 28-point hole against the top team in the nation, you can’t expect to actually win the game in two quarters.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that Alabama barely squeaked by Oklahoma in yesterday’s game...
They’re fortunate to be able to just make it back to the Championship game.
/s

I totally agree with this!!! They didn’t look too hot IMHO. Even with that win, I’m pretty positive they got cursed out in the locker room for that mess of a performance.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Bama got the win thanks to jumping out to that first quarter lead and hanging on. They’ll need to play much better against Clemson.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As expected, Richt has stepped down as the head coach of the U and there are rumors that ex-players are pushing for Rex Ryan to take the job. Supposedly, he’s interested.

Personally, I prefer they snag Butch Davis. He was the guy that put together their last championship team.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Bama got the win thanks to jumping out to that first quarter lead and hanging on. They’ll need to play much better against Clemson.

Hanging on wasn't too difficult. They coasted after going up 28 - 0. They never let Okie get closer than 11 points. With the exception of a series filled with penalties, I thought they played well the entire game. I thought the change of strategy from "score quick" to "run down the clock" in the second half worked well. Saban wasn't interested in running the score up.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait! what?....Breaking News!...Manny Diaz, Miami’s defensive coordinator who agreed to take over the head coaching job at Temple will now be the new head coach of the U......He’s one heck of a def. coordinator, but I’m not sure how he’ll be as the lead dog. If this is true, we’ll find out soon enough.

Source: https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1689217

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Sad day for us Michigan football fans. We had our butts handed to us by Florida and laid another egg on national TV.

We need major changes in Ann Arbor and I am afraid the old school football Mr Harbaugh is trying to Coach is no longer relevant in 2018.

He has had 4 years and makes more money then any other coach out there, time to start showing results or get someone in there who will, enough is enough.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sad day for us Michigan football fans. We had our butts handed to us by Florida and laid another egg on national TV.

We need major changes in Ann Arbor and I am afraid the old school football Mr Harbaugh is trying to Coach is no longer relevant in 2018.

He has had 4 years and makes more money then any other coach out there, time to start showing results or get someone in there who will, enough is enough.

I’m surprised that he hasn’t been thrown out of Michigan, to be honest. If he was at any of the Florida big 3 and perhaps UCF, he’d be fired already.... Willie Taggart will not survive another year at Florida State if things don’t greatly improve next season, in my opinion.

Last edited:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m surprised that he hasn’t been thrown out of Michigan, to be honest. If he was at any of the Florida big 3 and perhaps UCF, he l’d he fired already.... Willie Taggart will not survive another year at Florida State if things don’t greatly improve next season, in my opinion.

Well said sir.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, right now I’m watching an ACC vs SEC matchup - NC State vs Texas A&M. Thus far, it’s pretty good.

Watching the same game, so far the best games where Cincinnati/Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State/Missouri, the Mich State Oregon game almost put me to sleep.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Watching the same game, so far the best games where Cincinnati/Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State/Missouri, the Mich State Oregon game almost put me to sleep.

Agreed, especially the Cincinnati v VaTech game and it was basically a home game for VaTech and they still lost. Cincinnati showed no fear of them and it showed most in the final minute of the game.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Geez, all of a sudden Northwestern has come alive. In fact they just scored the go ahead TD!! Score: Northwestern 24, Utes 20.
Northwestern’s comeback powered by their defense, turnovers.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Northwestern’s defense went on a tear in the 3rd quarter, getting four turnovers of the five they’ve forced so far in the game during that time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The UCF v LSU game is a good one. The second half should prove quite entertaining, in my opinion.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
The UCF v LSU game is a good one. The second half should prove quite entertaining, in my opinion.

Watching the game as I write this, UCF is hanging in there even though LSU has dominated possession. I don’t like the BS targeting calls, I am a old school football guy and they are trying to ruin football, let em play football.

It has always been a rough and barbaric game and if you can’t accept getting hurt, then don’t put on the helmet and the uniform.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Watching the game as I write this, UCF is hanging in there even though LSU has dominated possession. I don’t like the BS targeting calls, I am a old school football guy and they are trying to ruin football, let em play football.

It has always been a rough and barbaric game and if you can’t accept getting hurt, then don’t put on the helmet and the uniform.

Yep. They need to do a better job and understand that some of those hits are unavoidable.

Last edited: