Being somewhat of a Badgers fan, should I already pencil in their record as 0-1 for the 2015 season? I don't have a good feeling about September the 5th...
    I wouldn't gamble with Saban.
    08-19-2015 02:52 PM
    I wouldn't gamble with Saban.
    Nor would I. I meant that I could see the Badgers going 0-1 as of the 6th. They've had some coaching turnover in the last few years... Going from Barry Alvarez, to Bret Bielema, then to Gary Andersen, and now with Paul Chryst as head coach, there hasn't been the consistency of a singular leader/coach like Alabama's had with Nick Saban. Although Barry Alvarez did transition from being the head coach, to becoming the athletic director, so he's always remained actively involved with the program.
    08-19-2015 03:32 PM
    Nor would I. I meant that I could see the Badgers going 0-1 as of the 6th. They've had some coaching turnover in the last few years... Going from Barry Alvarez, to Bret Bielema, then to Gary Andersen, and now with Paul Chryst as head coach, there hasn't been the consistency of a singular leader/coach like Alabama's had with Nick Saban. Although Barry Alvarez did transition from being the head coach, to becoming the athletic director, so he's always remained actively involved with the program.
    Chryst is a good coach. I hope he succeeds there.
    08-19-2015 03:56 PM
    Being somewhat of a Badgers fan, should I already pencil in their record as 0-1 for the 2015 season? I don't have a good feeling about September the 5th... 😁😅😥
    You can do it in magic marker, cause it won't have to be erased!
    08-19-2015 08:47 PM
    Chryst is a good coach. I hope he succeeds there.
    I think that long term he has a good opportunity to do really well, but boy oh boy, you're first game as head coach at UW and it's against Nick Saban & Alabama... Talk about a trial by fire...
    Hopefully he and his Badgers can keep the game a close one, or at least have it be an interesting one to watch.
    08-19-2015 09:15 PM
    You can do it in magic marker, cause it won't have to be erased!
    ...Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're on to something there...
    I will say that the UW has a much better program now since the Alvarez era began, than it did in the mid to late 80's. The nadir of that time imo being the Don Morton period with his 'veer' offense. I remember walking past Camp Randall on a football Saturday home game and the stadium was mostly empty except for a small section of people in the middle near the 50 yard line of seating - I hesitate at calling them a 'crowd'... Now however, the Badgers are playing 'Bama @ Jerry World to a national television audience with what I think could be a bowl game type of atmosphere. So if nothing else, the game should be a good learning experience for new head coach Paul Chryst, his assistants, and the players as well.
    08-19-2015 09:37 PM
    ...Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're on to something there...
    I will say that the UW has a much better program now since the Alvarez era began, than it did in the mid to late 80's. The nadir of that time imo being the Don Morton period with his 'veer' offense. I remember walking past Camp Randall on a football Saturday home game and the stadium was mostly empty except for a small section of people in the middle near the 50 yard line of seating - I hesitate at calling them a 'crowd'... Now however, the Badgers are playing 'Bama @ Jerry World to a national television audience with what I think could be a bowl game type of atmosphere. So if nothing else, the game should be a good learning experience for new head coach Paul Chryst, his assistants, and the players as well.
    Bama is still not settled on a starting QB. Saban hasn't been happy with any of them.
    08-19-2015 09:42 PM
    Bama is still not settled on a starting QB. Saban hasn't been happy with any of them.
    I guess it's a good thing that the QB position hasn't been a true strength of that product for some time...they're just a cog in the system under Saban...and they end up just fading into obscurity after they graduate and (possibly) move to the NFL. As long as he has a huge defensive line and a couple of good RB's, they'll at least contend.
    08-19-2015 11:29 PM
    I guess it's a good thing that the QB position hasn't been a true strength of that product for some time...they're just a cog in the system under Saban...and they end up just fading into obscurity after they graduate and (possibly) move to the NFL. As long as he has a huge defensive line and a couple of good RB's, they'll at least contend.
    They have a true freshman who may end up the exception before it's over. Blake Barnett is phenomenal with the most talent. But he's green and needs to bulk up.
    08-20-2015 12:00 AM
    They have a true freshman who may end up the exception before it's over. Blake Barnett is phenomenal with the most talent. But he's green and needs to bulk up.
    They said the same thing about the ginger ninja and McCarron...I don't think Saban allows QB's to flourish in his system, or at least the strength of the team seems to overshadow that position. All I do know is that Alabama hasn't brought a solid QB to the NFL since I've been alive, lol.
    08-20-2015 12:25 AM
    They said the same thing about the ginger ninja and McCarron...I don't think Saban allows QB's to flourish in his system, or at least the strength of the team seems to overshadow that position. All I do know is that Alabama hasn't brought a solid QB to the NFL since I've been alive, lol.
    Some of the best QBs seem to come out of nowhere. Philip Rivers played at Athens High about 40 miles from here. I never heard of him until he was playing for the Chargers. LOL. Very few QBs out of College land a starting job in the NFL. Quarterbacks like to pass. Many 4 and 5 star pass over Bama because, historically, they like to run the ball. It has been equally mixed with Saban.
    08-20-2015 12:41 AM
    Some of the best QBs seem to come out of nowhere. Philip Rivers played at Athens High about 40 miles from here. I never heard of him until he was playing for the Chargers. LOL. Very few QBs out of College land a starting job in the NFL. Quarterbacks like to pass. Many 4 and 5 star pass over Bama because, historically, they like to run the ball. It has been equally mixed with Saban.
    I disagree...I think it's pretty much the same as it's always been. They pump out RB's like nobodies business, but QB's never amount to anything. QB's usually take a while to find their NFL formula, but it seems there are definitely schools that attract them more than others. Alabama's system has worked well for them in the last decade, so I'm not saying they should change anything...just saying QB's are kind of an overshadowed position there.
    08-20-2015 12:54 AM
    Now that Malik Zaire has full control of the offense, i'm anxious to see how ND does against Texas on Sept. 5th. GO IRISH!!!
    08-20-2015 09:59 AM
    I disagree...I think it's pretty much the same as it's always been. They pump out RB's like nobodies business, but QB's never amount to anything. QB's usually take a while to find their NFL formula, but it seems there are definitely schools that attract them more than others. Alabama's system has worked well for them in the last decade, so I'm not saying they should change anything...just saying QB's are kind of an overshadowed position there.
    Actually, it's not the same ol same ol with Barnett. McCarron and the others had no major hype before signing with Alabama. As far as I know, Barnett is the first 5 star QB to come to Alabama. Namath and Stabler may have been had they ranked then. Most have been 3 star. Wilson may have been 4 star. Not sure. Here's Bama's top 10 quarterbacks for their time. None were 5 star.
    10. Steadman Shealy
    9. Greg McElroy
    8. AJ McCarron
    7. Jeff Rutledge
    6. Steve Sloan
    5. Harry Gilmer
    4. Pat Trammell
    3. Jay Barker
    2. Ken Stabler
    1. Joe Namath

Many Quarterback experts say Barnett is the real deal. We'll see next year. LOL
    08-20-2015 10:30 AM
    That may be...I never put a lot of investment in how many stars recruits have because we've seen some really high star recruited players turn into total busts over the years in college football. I can see now what you're saying though, that is probably pretty exciting for tide fans.
    08-20-2015 10:55 AM
    That may be...I never put a lot of investment in how many stars recruits have because we've seen some really high star recruited players turn into total busts over the years in college football. I can see now what you're saying though, that is probably pretty exciting for tide fans.
    I'm just happy we may have a decent place kicker now.
    73 yards in practice.
    08-20-2015 11:29 AM
    I'm just happy we may have a decent place kicker now.
    73 yards in practice.
    As a person who has been spoiled with one of the best kickers in the NFL on my team (Matt Bryant), I can understand that totally, lol!
    08-20-2015 11:57 AM
    USA Today's top preseason 25:

1. Ohio State
    2. Baylor
    3. Auburn
    4. Alabama
    5. Boise State
    6. TCU
    7. Oregon
    8. Arizona State
    9. Michigan State
    10. Stanford
    11. UCLA
    12. Florida State
    13. Clemson
    14. Mississippi
    15. Oklahoma
    16. Georgia
    17. Southern California
    18. Georgia Tech
    19. Arizona
    20. Virginia Tech
    21. Notre Dame
    22. Nebraska
    23. Missouri
    24. Wisconsin
    25. Texas

THE REST
    26. Louisville
    27. Louisiana State
    28. Penn State
    29. Oklahoma State
    30. Cincinnati
    31. Arkansas
    32. North Carolina
    33. Tennessee
    34. Minnesota
    35. Memphis
    36. Duke
    37. Western Kentucky
    38. Brigham Young
    39. Northern Illinois
    40. South Carolina
    41. Marshall
    42. Utah State
    43. Utah
    44. North Carolina State
    45. Mississippi State
    46. Miami (Fla.)
    47. Texas A&M
    48. San Diego State
    49. California
    50. Navy
    51. Louisiana Tech
    52. Texas Tech
    53. Toledo
    54. Georgia Southern
    55. Western Michigan
    56. Temple
    57. Kansas State
    58. Central Florida
    59. Pittsburgh
    60. Iowa
    61. Louisiana-Lafayette
    62. Bowling Green
    63. Houston
    64. Michigan
    65. West Virginia
    66. East Carolina
    67. Rice
    68. Air Force
    69. Florida
    70. Boston College
    71. Maryland
    72. Washington
    73. Colorado State
    74. Arkansas State
    75. Ball State
    76. Rutgers
    77. Kentucky
    78. Middle Tennessee State
    79. Appalachian State
    80. Nevada
    81. New Mexico
    82. Northwestern
    83. Ohio
    84. Washington State
    85. South Alabama
    86. Akron
    87. Texas State
    88. Syracuse
    89. North Texas
    90. Old Dominion
    91. Tulane
    92. Colorado
    93. Buffalo
    94. Wyoming
    95. Indiana
    96. Louisiana-Monroe
    97. Fresno State
    98. Oregon State
    99. Virginia
    100. Southern Mississippi
    101. San Jose State
    102. Illinois
    103. South Florida
    104. Florida International
    105. Hawaii
    106. Florida Atlantic
    107. UTEP
    108. Tulsa
    109. Massachusetts
    110. Troy
    111. Central Michigan
    112. Purdue
    113. Miami (Ohio)
    114. UTSA
    115. Iowa State
    116. Wake Forest
    117. SMU
    118. Army
    119. Connecticut
    120. New Mexico State
    121. Vanderbilt
    122. Kent State
    123. Eastern Michigan
    124. Kansas
    125. Georgia State
    126. UNLV
    127. Idaho
    128. Charlotte
    08-21-2015 02:10 PM
    Pre-season rankings don't mean a thannnnnnnnnng!
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    08-21-2015 02:39 PM
    Seems like an echo of the same words said last season, right before the Jackets WRECKED the dwags. And we have our entire team back this season again. Good luck...

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/i...t.1128_JC8.JPG
    Except that y'all didn't "WRECK" us... Y'all beat us in overtime by a score. I don't consider that "WRECKING". An example of a WRECKING would be the the FL/UGA(where we got wrecked by a team that we had no business losing to) game and the FSU/OR game. GT will be a force to be reckoned with this year, though. I think y'all have a really good chance of winning the ACC.
    08-21-2015 02:40 PM
    Don't even know who the QB will be yet. We should know more by next week.
    I'm hoping Bauta wins the job at UGA. I was more impressed with his performance at the spring game than I was with Ramsey. But I would be comfortable with any of the three we have competing for the job. I trust CMR and our new OC to make the right call, though.
    08-21-2015 02:49 PM
    I'm hoping Bauta wins the job at UGA. I was more impressed with his performance at the spring game than I was with Ramsey. But I would be comfortable with any of the three we have competing for the job. I trust CMR and our new OC to make the right call, though.
    Sometimes spring can be deceiving. You might have 2nd string QB playing with 1st string RBs and Receivers. They make the 2nd stringer QB look better. LOL
    08-21-2015 02:54 PM
    Except that y'all didn't "WRECK" us... Y'all beat us in overtime by a score. I don't consider that "WRECKING". An example of a WRECKING would be the the FL/UGA(where we got wrecked by a team that we had no business losing to) game and the FSU/OR game. GT will be a force to be reckoned with this year, though. I think y'all have a really good chance of winning the ACC.
    08-21-2015 05:37 PM
    And the preseason AP top 10.

1. Ohio State

2. TCU

3. Alabama

4. Baylor

5. Michigan State

6. Auburn

7. Oregon

8. USC Trojans

9. Georgia

10. Florida State
    08-23-2015 11:18 PM
    I was a little surprised by some of the teams in the top 20...(wasn't surprised at all by the typical low rank GT got though, even after proving themselves last season and bringing back more than 90% of our squad from last season).

Clemson at #12?
    USC at #8? (this seems to be an annual OVER ranking now...so I know it'll go down once they actually play some games)
    Ole Miss at #17?

...this is why Pre-season rankings mean **** squat. Like forecasting weather 2 months ahead of time.
    08-24-2015 11:12 AM
313 1234 ...