Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What a freakin' joke. Mayweather might be the most UN-boxing boxer I have ever seen, and I've watched him before so I guess it shouldn't surprise me. The guy doesn't fight, the guy has made a career of avoidance with a few punches thrown in between. I guess I can't hate on his success, but as a person wanting to watch a fight, it is horrible.

Pacquiao on the other hand wasn't aggressive at all...he seemed to be leaving his normal style aside to try and win the fight technically, and that was a real shame because I was hoping for a mid fight KO from him, but it just never materialized.

Boring fight, waste of money in my opinion...the word "fight" has to be used loosely.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I was and am very disappointed with this fight. Oops, dancing in the ring. I can't stand Mayweather and wanted him to get a serious beating even decked. But alas.

Maybe, just maybe it was merely a payday for Manny and his new path, politics?

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I too am disappointed with this fight and the outcome! It was just boring!! All we saw was mayweather running around the ring and hugging Pacquiao. People call it defense and a smart technique but that was just mayweather being scared.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
What a freakin' joke. Mayweather might be the most UN-boxing boxer I have ever seen, and I've watched him before so I guess it shouldn't surprise me. The guy doesn't fight, the guy has made a career of avoidance with a few punches thrown in between. I guess I can't hate on his success, but as a person wanting to watch a fight, it is horrible.

Pacquiao on the other hand wasn't aggressive at all...he seemed to be leaving his normal style aside to try and win the fight technically, and that was a real shame because I was hoping for a mid fight KO from him, but it just never materialized.

Boring fight, waste of money in my opinion...the word "fight" has to be used loosely.

Mayweather is the purest form of a boxer. You want to see fighters. Punch throwers. When your opponent lands 81 punches and 19% of them, you got out boxed. You can complain of his lack of strength, but he hit PacMan clean several times. He is a BOXER not a fighter. PacMan has a reputation for erratic power punches and Floyd neutralized that. It isn't fun for the fans, but it's boxing 101. That jab is lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mayweather is the purest form of a boxer. You want to see fighters. Punch throwers. When your opponent lands 81 punches and 19% of them, you got out boxed. You can complain of his lack of strength, but he hit PacMan clean several times. He is a BOXER not a fighter. PacMan has a reputation for erratic power punches and Floyd neutralized that. It isn't fun for the fans, but it's boxing 101. That jab is lethal.

I never complained about his lack of strength...he wore Manny out with a few of those jabs. My biggest problem was that the sport is turning technical, and Mayweather might be the king of this new age of boxing. Its boring, it goes against everything I grew up with watching the heavy weights duke it out for decades...and honestly, while it may be "boxing 101" as you called it, it sure as sh*t ain't worth watching as a spectator. You might as well have shown me someone going at a speed bag for an hour.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I never complained about his lack of strength...he wore Manny out with a few of those jabs. My biggest problem was that the sport is turning technical, and Mayweather might be the king of this new age of boxing. Its boring, it goes against everything I grew up with watching the heavy weights duke it out for decades...and honestly, while it may be "boxing 101" as you called it, it sure as sh*t ain't worth watching as a spectator. You might as well have shown me someone going at a speed bag for an hour.

It's always been technical. Ali used to dance & force boxers to box themselves out of matches. Floyd is a welterweight. He isn't going to have heavyweight power. What you seem to be looking for is a good heavyweight match.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's always been technical. Ali used to dance & force boxers to box themselves out of matches. Floyd is a welterweight. He isn't going to have heavyweight power. What you seem to be looking for is a good heavyweight match.

No...what I'm looking for is a good FIGHT. That is not what we saw on Saturday. What we saw was a person playing chess vs. a person trying to fight. I understand he's not going to have heavyweight power...and while yes, Ali used to force boxers to wear themselves down over the long game, he had nearly as many K.O.'s as Mayweather has fights PERIOD.

Bottom line, as a spectator, I want to see a fight...not someone wearing down their opponent by prancing around the ring and then hugging him when the blows start to set in legitimately. Boxing is a technical sport...I get it...but it's very quickly losing it's "fight" standard, and changing over to a #'s game. That sucks to me.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
No...what I'm looking for is a good FIGHT. That is not what we saw on Saturday. What we saw was a person playing chess vs. a person trying to fight. I understand he's not going to have heavyweight power...and while yes, Ali used to force boxers to wear themselves down over the long game, he had nearly as many K.O.'s as Mayweather has fights PERIOD.

Bottom line, as a spectator, I want to see a fight...not someone wearing down their opponent by prancing around the ring and then hugging him when the blows start to set in legitimately. Boxing is a technical sport...I get it...but it's very quickly losing it's "fight" standard, and changing over to a #'s game. That sucks to me.

It really isn't Mayweather's fault that Manny can't box. He throws hard, fast punches. That's it. You didn't see a boxing match because only one boxer showed up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It really isn't Mayweather's fault that Manny can't box. He throws hard, fast punches. That's it. You didn't see a boxing match because only one boxer showed up.

I guess we just differ in opinions...Manny didn't show up to fight a technical battle, Mayweather is leading boxing down a boring drain...blah blah blah. I don't blame Mayweather 100% for that fight being terrible...but I do feel his style of boxing is what is killing the sport for spectators. Neither one of them looked like they had actually boxed 12 rounds after that "fight" was over...that should tell you something.

thebart

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
George Foreman says boxing is like jazz. The better it is the less people enjoy it.

Want to see Mayweather come out swinging? Leave the ring girl in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2