!!!...MLB 2015...!!!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
People are proud of this scum bags accomplishments? The guy should be banned.

I agree to certain extent, but I also believe that everyone makes mistakes and should be given a second chance. I know I have made some decisions that were not the best and people have forgiven me and gave me a second and third chance. We are not perfect, this world is not perfect. If we go around not forgiving mistakes that are made, where would we be?....Just my .02 cents

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree to certain extent, but I also believe that everyone makes mistakes and should be given a second chance. I know I have made some decisions that were not the best and people have forgiven me and gave me a second and third chance. We are not perfect, this world is not perfect. If we go around not forgiving mistakes that are made, where would we be?....Just my .02 cents

BUZZZ. Wrong answer.

Forgiveness is one thing. Celebrating the accomplishments of a cheater is quite another.

There's a huge difference between "making a mistake" and using performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) to increase your career stats. IMO, ANY use of PEDs colors the athlete's career stats. Period. End of discussion. That goes for ARod, McGuire, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, Clemens, and the rest of the sorry bunch.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
BUZZZ. Wrong answer.

Forgiveness is one thing. Celebrating the accomplishments of a cheater is quite another.

There's a huge difference between "making a mistake" and using performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) to increase your career stats. IMO, ANY use of PEDs colors the athlete's career stats. Period. End of discussion. That goes for ARod, McGuire, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, Clemens, and the rest of the sorry bunch.

I totally agree.:p Hey, if beer is a PED, you can add Babe Ruth to that list.:laughing:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Little trivia for you fans....

Not counting fouled off pitches, how many pitches can a batter take in an at bat before being issued a walk or being called out on strikes?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Not counting fouled off pitches, how many pitches can a batter take in an at bat before being issued a walk or being called out on strikes?

The answer is 5 - the classic full count of 3 balls and 2 strikes BEFORE being either walked or struck out. The sixth pitch will determine which and end the at bat.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The answer is 5 - the classic full count of 3 balls and 2 strikes BEFORE being either walked or struck out. The sixth pitch will determine which.

Your answer is wrong sir...... :)

hint: something has to happen that doesn't involve the batter

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, there are so many variables in this that I have to ask what your angle is...

You can be hit by a pitch, which means you take no pitches and get a walk.
A batter can also be called out for obstruction.

...there are dozens of other variables...so what is the answer you're looking for?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it the pitcher going to his mouth? The 3rd time on the same batter gets the pitcher ejected, so technically the batter can walk with only 1 pitch thrown.

I got nothing else.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

The answer is 10. Here's how...

2 outs, a runner is on any base

batter has full count (5 pitches not counting fouls)

runner gets picked of base for the 3rd out.

the same batter is up the next inning ... so add another full count for a total of 10 pitches before a walk or called 3rd strike.

------------

I should have worded my question better: Not counting fouled off pitches, what is the most number of pitches a batter can take in an at bat before being issued a walk or being called out on strikes?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The answer is 10. Here's how...

2 outs, a runner is on any base

batter has full count (5 pitches not counting fouls)

runner gets picked of base for the 3rd out.

the same batter is up the next inning ... so add another full count for a total of 10 pitches before a walk or called 3rd strike.

------------

I should have worded my question better: Not counting fouled off pitches, what is the most number of pitches a batter can take in an at bat before being issued a walk or being called out on strikes?

Wrong. The premise of your question clearly states "in an at bat". When the side is retired in a manner as you describe (runner being picked off/caught stealing to constitute the 3rd out), the inning is over, and the batter is NOT charged with an "at bat". When his team is up again, the batter enters the batter's box to start his "at bat" - with NO count. Therefore, a full count situation is only 5 pitches.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wrong. The premise of your question clearly states "in an at bat". When the side is retired in a manner as you describe (runner being picked off/caught stealing to constitute the 3rd out), the inning is over, and the batter is NOT charged with an "at bat". When his team is up again, the batter enters the batter's box to start his "at bat" - with NO count. Therefore, a full count situation is only 5 pitches.

This is exactly right. The first AB is negated, so there is no collective number of balls and strikes between the two plate appearances...the next inning is considered his completed "at bat", which would allow for only 6 pitches (at most) "taken" before a walk or strike out occurs (barring any of the variables I mentioned above, like interference, getting beaned, etc...don't happen).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We lost Jason Grilli today to a torn achilles tendon...FML. I was really warming up to him too after losing the Craig Kimbrel lottery in the off season. And rumor has it, Grilli will most likely not be back next season (as he has a lot of value to some bigger market teams).

Dumpster fire.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal