Just saying. I'm a Buccos fan so I know what he can and can't do......and I'm leaning more on the latter. He was well known for blowing games all the time.
    He had a decent season for your Pirates though...seems to be about all he's done historically, but I want to have faith that stepping into Kimbrel's shoes will fire him up! (prays)
    04-07-2015 08:49 PM
    He had a decent season for your Pirates though...seems to be about all he's done historically, but I want to have faith that stepping into Kimbrel's shoes will fire him up! (prays)
    Oh, don't get me wrong. He was very good for a while, but then.....something happened and he lost it all. Good luck with him.
    04-07-2015 09:12 PM
    Hope that Boston willl better...
    04-07-2015 10:13 PM
    Barves looked great tonight! Squished the fish! 7 run first inning was a thing of beauty! And Alex Wood looked like a damn Cy Young candidate.

And I have to admit, as much as I miss Gattis...Bethencourt is a WAY better catcher (just not a great hitter)...kid has a CANNON for an arm though, holy shizzle.
    04-07-2015 10:50 PM
    Break out the brooms! SWEEP!

ctt1wbw likes this.
    04-08-2015 10:07 PM
    Thank GOD it's baseball season. ESPN sucks balls because they show nothing, but thankfully I have the MLB Network, which is probably THE greatest channel this time of year. Just like the SEC Network is the best during college football.
    04-09-2015 08:17 AM
    go dodger blue!!!
    Attached Thumbnails !!!...MLB 2015...!!!-images.jpg  
    04-09-2015 11:56 AM
    Thank GOD it's baseball season. ESPN sucks balls because they show nothing, but thankfully I have the MLB Network, which is probably THE greatest channel this time of year. Just like the SEC Network is the best during college football.
    I wanted to like your post, but then you had to go and reference the SEC...barf.
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:32 PM
    I wanted to like your post, but then you had to go and reference the SEC...barf.
    SEC football, baby! Best in the country!! #VolForLife
    04-09-2015 07:08 PM
    SEC football, baby! Best in the country!!
    It's hard to dispute that!
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    04-11-2015 01:54 AM
    It's hard to dispute that!
    Ohio State would definitely have a dispute with that...FSU last year...

Also...5-0 baby!
    04-12-2015 11:56 AM
    Also...5-0 baby!
    I grew up in the midwest. Used to go to Wisconsin every summer, back when the Braves were in Milwaukee. Was a fan for most of my life - until the Dbacks got here. Still follow the Braves. My son grew up a Braves fan, and he just sent me a video of his kids watching a game, doing the Tomahawk Chop.
    04-12-2015 12:53 PM
    Ohio State would definitely have a dispute with that...FSU last year...

Also...5-0 baby!
    A blind hog will find an acorn every now and then!

And, go Braves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-12-2015 12:57 PM
    I'm glad baseball is back!

Grew up in Kansas City and was an A's and then Royals fan. When the Colorado Rockies came into existence their games were broadcast on local television in Utah and I became a fan. Despite their continued struggles, I still watch and root for them. The 5-1 start to the season has been fun!
    04-12-2015 01:04 PM
    Got our first loss today at the hands of one terrible reliever named Juan Jaime. He is so awful I'm surprised he's still on the MLB level and not doing bullpen duty in the minors. His control is non-existent, and he single handedly lost the game for the Braves today. So frustrating...and not only that, but Fredi G put him in there in a situation that really should have been given to a more talented reliever or closer. I hope this isn't the first sign of Fredi G's continued poor management (IE: his decision to leave Kimbrel out of game #4 of the NLDS 2013).
    04-12-2015 10:39 PM
    G needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-13-2015 12:57 AM
    I grew up in the midwest. Used to go to Wisconsin every summer, back when the Braves were in Milwaukee. Was a fan for most of my life - until the Dbacks got here. Still follow the Braves. My son grew up a Braves fan, and he just sent me a video of his kids watching a game, doing the Tomahawk Chop.

I saw the Boston Braves play the Dodgers at Ebbets Field when i was a kid. Forget Glavine, they had a guy named Spahn who was the real deal. He actually threw strikes, not balls that were called strikes.
    04-14-2015 03:27 PM
    I saw the Boston Braves play the Dodgers at Ebbets Field when i was a kid. Forget Glavine, they had a guy named Spahn who was the real deal. He actually threw strikes, not balls that were called strikes.
    Here we go...lol. Glavine had more Cy Youngs, a better winning % and Glavine also competed for pitching starts with a group of pitchers who are arguably the best that ever touched a baseball (IE: Maddux and Smoltz)...Spahn didn't have to worry about this, and saw WAY more starts than Glavine, which helped make him stand out.

Spahn was an incredible pitcher.

Glavine was an incredible pitcher.

Both in the Hall of Fame...'nuff said.
    04-14-2015 04:26 PM
    Here we go...lol. Glavine had more Cy Youngs, a better winning % and Glavine also competed for pitching starts with a group of pitchers who are arguably the best that ever touched a baseball (IE: Maddux and Smoltz)...Spahn didn't have to worry about this, and saw WAY more starts than Glavine, which helped make him stand out.

Spahn was an incredible pitcher.

Glavine was an incredible pitcher.

Both in the Hall of Fame...'nuff said.

OK, but you'll never convince me that Glavine didn't have some help from the umpires. Anyway, i guess you know what team has had the most Cy Young Award winners. When his time is up, Kershaw will be the best lefty that ever pitched, period.

PS. I'm a die hard Yankee hater, but i would choose Whitey Ford over Glavine, any day.
    04-15-2015 08:58 AM
    For anyone who doesn't get to see their local team because of blackouts on MLB.TV I want to tell you to make sure you don't install Protect My Privacy from Cydia on a jail broken device because that would spoof your location on the app and you would be able to see local games. That would be wrong. You don't want to do that.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-15-2015 11:16 AM
    OK, but you'll never convince me that Glavine didn't have some help from the umpires. Anyway, i guess you know what team has had the most Cy Young Award winners. When his time is up, Kershaw will be the best lefty that ever pitched, period.

PS. I'm a die hard Yankee hater, but i would choose Whitey Ford over Glavine, any day.
    Every pitcher got help from umpiring at some point...and EVERY pitcher gets made to look like a super star by stellar defense at some point in their career.

And to be fair, since the Braves have been in Atlanta, they are tied with the Dodgers for Cy Young awards.
    04-15-2015 11:45 AM
    Just to chime in here: I don't know what value Kershaw being a Cy Young award winner has been since he has blown it for his team the past 2 seasons in do-or-die postseason games.
    04-15-2015 01:30 PM
    Every pitcher got help from umpiring at some point...and EVERY pitcher gets made to look like a super star by stellar defense at some point in their career.

And to be fair, since the Braves have been in Atlanta, they are tied with the Dodgers for Cy Young awards.

What's fair? The Braves have been in three cities, and the Dodgers in two. I wasn't talking about defense, but about umpiring help every time i saw him pitch against the Dodgers. When the Braves were in the Western Division, they played a lot of games against each other. I saw called strikes against righties, that would have hit a lefty if he was standing in the box. I've heard Skip Caray say that he "catches a break" once in a while. Glavine didn't "compete" for pitching starts with Maddux and Smoltz, he was assigned a spot in the rotation by the manager. I maintain that at least 25% of called strikes, especially strike three, were balls. The batter may have grounded out anyway, but that's not the point. When Kershaw gets in the Hall, people will say, "Glavine who"?
    04-15-2015 01:44 PM
    Just to chime in here: I don't know what value Kershaw being a Cy Young award winner has been since he has blown it for his team the past 2 seasons in do-or-die postseason games.

Means nothing. I'm talking about overall performance.
    04-15-2015 01:46 PM
    What's fair? The Braves have been in three cities, and the Dodgers in two. I wasn't talking about defense, but about umpiring help every time i saw him pitch against the Dodgers. When the Braves were in the Western Division, they played a lot of games against each other. I saw called strikes against righties, that would have hit a lefty if he was standing in the box. I've heard Skip Caray say that he "catches a break" once in a while. Glavine didn't "compete" for pitching starts with Maddux and Smoltz, he was assigned a spot in the rotation by the manager. I maintain that at least 25% of called strikes, especially strike three, were balls. The batter may have grounded out anyway, but that's not the point. When Kershaw gets in the Hall, people will say, "Glavine who"?
    I said to be fair, the Braves have the same amount of Cy Young awards as the Dodgers do in their respective current homes (ATL and LA)...and honestly, it was just giving you a little sh*t is all, it's obvious which franchise has the most Cy Youngs, and it's obvious which franchise is nipping at their heels in second place (in terms of total Cy Youngs).

As far as the rest of your post...blah blah blah...you have an opinion of Glavine, so do I...at the end of the day, the stats are still the stats. Glavine most certainly DID compete for STARTS when he played amongst those other guys...just because a person earns a rotation spot doesn't mean they'll be used in that same rotation start every week regardless of performance.

As far as Kershaw...we'll talk IF it happens. Right now, he's just a very good pitcher on the Dodgers without a ring. Glavine, on the other hand...he's got a shiny plaque in the HoF, and one of these...

04-15-2015 04:17 PM
330 1234 ...