NCAA Football 2014

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
SeanHRCC said:
Hilariously I was just reading an article about the rankings and about an interview with a couple of the people who are on the board who commits these rankings to reality...they said Alabama was ranked #1 this week because of their dominance and "control" of the game against Miss. State...then almost immediately afterwards they were asked why Miss State was ranked #4, and they responded "Because they kept the game close, within 5 points, against a very formidable opponent."

WTF? LOL! It looks like the logic that goes into yet another ranking system is just off the wall, bat sh*t stupid.

Um... What? LOL

So you rank them #1 because they dominated dropped #1 to #4 because they kept it close? Hmmm Dominating, to me, doesn't result in a close game but I digress! #FeartheSpear :D

LOL. There's just not a way to do it that pleases everyone. Even an 8 team playoff, like in Division ll, would have complaints. The ninth team would be grunting for sure.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

But Led, I don't think any fan of the sport with any sense could argue that the top 8 aren't the best. To me, there's always 1 or 2 teams on the cusp but adding 4 more slots seems like more of an opportunity for the folks that wouldn't get a chance. And, it'd be so much more interesting. LOL

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL. There's just not a way to do it that pleases everyone. Even an 8 team playoff, like in Division ll, would have complaints. The ninth team would be grunting for sure.

I'm not complaining about their rank...I'm laughing at their reasoning. They give Bama #1 for controlling the game, but allow Miss State #4 because they kept it close? Doesn't even make sense.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't mizzu be ahead of Uga in the CFB playoffs rankings?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Missouri lost to Indiana who have only won TWO games this season, so they got battered pretty hard from that...that's a team that should have been a cupcake, and if you lose to a cupcake, you get the hammer when it comes to rank. Then you guys blanked them...which basically made them lucky to be ranked at all.

The whole thing is weird though...GT should have been in the top 15, but we're snubbed and given 4 spots at #18. This puts us behind a 3 loss Auburn (which I get because of SEC strength of schedule), but also, a 3 loss Utah...which makes ZERO sense. Personally, I feel GT should be ahead of both Auburn and Utah (easily), but alas, we're at 18.

I'm surprised that UGA is ranked behind UCLA...that really didn't make much sense to me. I think UGA should be ahead of both UCLA and Ole Miss, but Ole Miss is still riding a high from beating Alabama, so at the very least ahead of UCLA...to me, UCLA and USC both get overrated based on historic reasons, not on current season accolades...which wouldn't be a problem if they had recent year major success, but neither have.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The whole thing is weird...GT should have been in the top 15, but we're snubbed and given 4 spots at #18. This puts us behind a 3 loss Auburn (which I get because of SEC strength of schedule), but also, a 3 loss Utah...which makes ZERO sense. Personally, I feel GT should be ahead of both Auburn and Utah (easily), but alas, we're at 18.

I'm surprised that UGA is ranked behind UCLA...that really didn't make much sense to me. I think UGA should be ahead of both UCLA and Ole Miss, but Ole Miss is still riding a high from beating Alabama, so at the very least ahead of UCLA...to me, UCLA and USC both get overrated based on historic reasons, not on current season accolades...which wouldn't be a problem if they had recent year major success, but neither have.

Yeah. Because if mizzu doesn't lose, they'll be the SEC east champions. So I think that right there should put them ahead of Uga.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Because if mizzu doesn't lose, they'll be the SEC east champions. So I think that right there should put them ahead of Uga.

You start to see the strange character of ranking...if we beat you guys, we will probably be ranked in the top 12 in the country (not to say we will, but hypothetically). Duke plays UNC and Wake Forest, two unranked teams for the rest of the season, and if they win those games (which they should), they will go to the ACC Championship.

So you have a 12th ranked GT (potentially) vs. a Duke team that isn't ranked at all...and Duke will end up in the ACC Championship...lol!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You start to see the strange character of ranking...if we beat you guys, we will probably be ranked in the top 12 in the country (not to say we will, but hypothetically). Duke plays UNC and Wake Forest, two unranked teams for the rest of the season, and if they win those games (which they should), they will go to the ACC Championship.

So you have a 12th ranked GT (potentially) vs. a Duke team that isn't ranked at all...and Duke will end up in the ACC Championship...lol!

Gee wiz my mind is spinning LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not complaining about their rank...I'm laughing at their reasoning. They give Bama #1 for controlling the game, but allow Miss State #4 because they kept it close? Doesn't even make sense.

They're people talking off the top their heads. Most don't have media experience. Condi Rice does. I didn't read it. Who made the comments? I understand what they're saying. It was a poor way if saying it though. We may see changes in the committee members. I mean, Condi Rice admitted she doesn't follow football. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Jeff Long...who is also the chair of the committee lol. And his experience is pretty solid...he's just an *****.
Condi Rice can speak and be diplomatic. Since she knows little about college football, they should let her be the committee spokesperson. They tell her what to say, and she does it in diplomatic fashion. If anyone asks a question, she can handle it like a politician. :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Condi Rice can speak and be diplomatic. Since she knows little about college football, they should let her be the committee spokesperson. They tell her what to say, and she does it in diplomatic fashion. If anyone asks a question, she can handle it like a politician. :D

So basically they'd just lie about who was in the top 4 based off whatever they wanted it to be based off of...lol. Yikes!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Man, I had no problem with the BCS system how it was. All this playoff thing is going to do is make people who think the 5th ranked team cry just like they cried about whoever the 3rd ranked team in the BCS system should have gotten in.

Now that teams can be comfortable with a loss or two, it makes the regular season not as good as it has been.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
RAMBLIN' WRECK BABY! Thank you UNC for pounding the life out of Duke. :)

Two VERY tough games in a row...I think we're going to get pretty banged up over those 2 weeks. I know they're happy for a bye this weekend, lol!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2