NCAA Football 2014

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Bowls would be so much more legitimate if they raised the eligibility to 8 games instead of 6. You should be rewarded for having a winning season...not a neutral or losing season, in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Bowls would be so much more legitimate if they raised the eligibility to 8 games instead of 6. You should be rewarded for having a winning season...not a neutral or losing season, in my opinion.
Yeah, but it's about money for the schools.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but it's about money for the schools.

The whole damn league is all about money...which makes it so uninteresting sometimes. Money to a school who has a mediocre season and gets 6 wins...rewarding them and making them ok with that mediocrity. As a fan, this is pitiful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The whole damn league is all about money...which makes it so uninteresting sometimes. Money to a school who has a mediocre season and gets 6 wins...rewarding them and making them ok with that mediocrity. As a fan, this is pitiful.

League? All colleges and universities need money to survive. Tuition revenue does not cover expenses. Schools rely on other means of revenue, be it from donations, sporting events or bake sales. I agree that many of the "6 win teams" Bowl games are boring, but for many of those schools, the money helps. It's like when a big name school plays a small school. The small school knows they will lose the game. But they win with a big chunk of money. You're looking at it from a football team only point of view. You're judging whether a 6 win team should be eligible to play in a Bowl game. I'm saying it's not about football at all. It's about money and education. If there were no money to be had from football, there would be no football. What you suggest would terminate 3/4 of the Bowl games. That's a lot of lost revenue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
League? All colleges and universities need money to survive. Tuition revenue does not cover expenses. Schools rely on other means of revenue, be it from donations, sporting events or bake sales. I agree that many of the "6 win teams" Bowl games are boring, but for many of those schools, the money helps. It's like when a big name school plays a small school. The small school knows they will lose the game. But they win with a big chunk of money. You're looking at it from a football team only point of view. You're judging whether a 6 win team should be eligible to play in a Bowl game. I'm saying it's not about football at all. It's about money and education. If there were no money to be had from football, there would be no football. What you suggest would terminate 3/4 of the Bowl games. That's a lot of lost revenue.

Yes, I said "League" because that is exactly what this is...it's a league of teams with a sprinkle of irrelevant faces thrown into the bowl season.

And you're explaining something to me that I fully understand...you're missing my point...which is that a losing season should not be rewarded with a bowl and more money. You seem to be a part of this new age of rewarding for participation, and that to me is absurd. I'm not suggesting terminating ANY bowl games...what i AM suggesting is upping the requirement by TWO games to make sure a team has a winning season in order to be rewarded a bowl game and additional monies from such.

Quit rewarding mediocrity and even failure...our society is crumbling because we have so many people who are ok with that.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I really want us to make it to the title game and beat an SEC school for the whole thing if for no other reason than the fact that I think Finebaum is an SEC homer and overall *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I really want us to make it to the title game and beat an SEC school for the whole thing if for no other reason than the fact that I think Finebaum is an SEC homer and overall *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda off topic, but did you attend FSU? Most of my aunts attended there, and I have a cousin currently attending there. I was actually down at the campus a week ago. Another cousin and I were looking for a Starbucks and Apple maps led us to the Starbucks right smack in the middle of the campus, but it was closed lol. We ended up having to drive around some security gates to get out of there and went to the Starbucks on Monroe st. I live an hour north of tally.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR