You most certainly ARE narrowing...initially FSU never beat any top 25 teams, then it was "well, just one" (which was inaccurate again), and then it's "Well, what about CURRENT ranked teams...".

What's important to these teams is who they're beating or playing NOW...our argument was about you saying FSU never beat any top 25 teams, which was flat out inaccurate.

FSU is #3 right now because they almost lost to an unranked Miami. If Alabama's near loss to an unranked Arkansas happened this past weekend, they would not be #1 either. We could honestly sum up the top 4 rankings right now to dumb luck at when the bad games actually occurred...and obviously a major win over the #1 seed helps a lot.

Truly though, much like professional sports, the new playoff system gives the ride to the top 4, so aside from bragging rights, whether your #1 or #4 really isn't relevant anymore, it's all about how you do after the season is over and you enter into the playoff run...do I think FSU can beat Alabama? Yes. I absolutely do...they tend to be a team that finds a way to win regardless of their opponent.

Bottom line...SEC fans like to think they are the top of the totem pole regardless of who actually wins and loses, and it's so ridiculous. This entire argument PROVES this because you guys are trying to diminish FSU because they're not an SEC team...by critiquing their wins (which is all they have btw), and calling their inter-conference play "weak" because it's the ACC. Right now, the ACC holds the national championship...not sure how that's construed as weaker than a conference that does not hold the national championship.
    I said they had zero top 25 wins. I thought Clemson would move out of the top 25. But I was referring to now. Looking at the newest top 25. I do think it's relevant. Apparently the CFP voters do. I wanted FSU to be #1. I knew Miss St would be 4th. Had that feeling. I don't want Bama to play them again. I want Bama to play Oregon, then FSU. But none of it may happen. There's Auburn and whoever wins the SEC East.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-18-2014 10:34 PM
    Led, you still haven't answered my follow up question. LOL
    11-18-2014 11:37 PM
    I said they had zero top 25 wins. I thought Clemson would move out of the top 25. But I was referring to now. Looking at the newest top 25. I do think it's relevant. Apparently the CFP voters do. I wanted FSU to be #1. I knew Miss St would be 4th. Had that feeling. I don't want Bama to play them again. I want Bama to play Oregon, then FSU. But none of it may happen. There's Auburn and whoever wins the SEC East.

What you think and what you type were not the same thing...my response was based on what you typed, and what you typed was inaccurate. Period.

I'm kind of over this whole splitting hairs bickering really because my team isn't even involved sadly (but a lot closer than we normally are, for better or worse).

Hilariously I was just reading an article about the rankings and about an interview with a couple of the people who are on the board who commits these rankings to reality...they said Alabama was ranked #1 this week because of their dominance and "control" of the game against Miss. State...then almost immediately afterwards they were asked why Miss State was ranked #4, and they responded "Because they kept the game close, within 5 points, against a very formidable opponent."

WTF? LOL! It looks like the logic that goes into yet another ranking system is just off the wall, bat sh*t stupid.
    11-18-2014 11:39 PM
    What you think and what you type were not the same thing...my response was based on what you typed, and what you typed was inaccurate. Period.

I'm kind of over this whole splitting hairs bickering really because my team isn't even involved sadly (but a lot closer than we normally are, for better or worse).

Hilariously I was just reading an article about the rankings and about an interview with a couple of the people who are on the board who commits these rankings to reality...they said Alabama was ranked #1 this week because of their dominance and "control" of the game against Miss. State...then almost immediately afterwards they were asked why Miss State was ranked #4, and they responded "Because they kept the game close, within 5 points, against a very formidable opponent."

WTF? LOL! It looks like the logic that goes into yet another ranking system is just off the wall, bat sh*t stupid.
    LOL. There's just not a way to do it that pleases everyone. Even an 8 team playoff, like in Division ll, would have complaints. The ninth team would be grunting for sure.

11-19-2014 01:07 AM

Um... What? LOL

So you rank them #1 because they dominated dropped #1 to #4 because they kept it close? Hmmm Dominating, to me, doesn't result in a close game but I digress! #FeartheSpear

LOL. There's just not a way to do it that pleases everyone. Even an 8 team playoff, like in Division ll, would have complaints. The ninth team would be grunting for sure.

But Led, I don't think any fan of the sport with any sense could argue that the top 8 aren't the best. To me, there's always 1 or 2 teams on the cusp but adding 4 more slots seems like more of an opportunity for the folks that wouldn't get a chance. And, it'd be so much more interesting. LOL
    11-19-2014 08:23 AM

I'm not complaining about their rank...I'm laughing at their reasoning. They give Bama #1 for controlling the game, but allow Miss State #4 because they kept it close? Doesn't even make sense.
    11-19-2014 10:39 AM
    Shouldn't mizzu be ahead of Uga in the CFB playoffs rankings?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 10:50 AM
    Shouldn't mizzu be ahead of Uga in the CFB playoffs rankings?

Missouri lost to Indiana who have only won TWO games this season, so they got battered pretty hard from that...that's a team that should have been a cupcake, and if you lose to a cupcake, you get the hammer when it comes to rank. Then you guys blanked them...which basically made them lucky to be ranked at all.

The whole thing is weird though...GT should have been in the top 15, but we're snubbed and given 4 spots at #18. This puts us behind a 3 loss Auburn (which I get because of SEC strength of schedule), but also, a 3 loss Utah...which makes ZERO sense. Personally, I feel GT should be ahead of both Auburn and Utah (easily), but alas, we're at 18.

I'm surprised that UGA is ranked behind UCLA...that really didn't make much sense to me. I think UGA should be ahead of both UCLA and Ole Miss, but Ole Miss is still riding a high from beating Alabama, so at the very least ahead of UCLA...to me, UCLA and USC both get overrated based on historic reasons, not on current season accolades...which wouldn't be a problem if they had recent year major success, but neither have.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:09 AM
    The whole thing is weird...GT should have been in the top 15, but we're snubbed and given 4 spots at #18. This puts us behind a 3 loss Auburn (which I get because of SEC strength of schedule), but also, a 3 loss Utah...which makes ZERO sense. Personally, I feel GT should be ahead of both Auburn and Utah (easily), but alas, we're at 18.

I'm surprised that UGA is ranked behind UCLA...that really didn't make much sense to me. I think UGA should be ahead of both UCLA and Ole Miss, but Ole Miss is still riding a high from beating Alabama, so at the very least ahead of UCLA...to me, UCLA and USC both get overrated based on historic reasons, not on current season accolades...which wouldn't be a problem if they had recent year major success, but neither have.
    Yeah. Because if mizzu doesn't lose, they'll be the SEC east champions. So I think that right there should put them ahead of Uga.

11-19-2014 11:11 AM
    Yeah. Because if mizzu doesn't lose, they'll be the SEC east champions. So I think that right there should put them ahead of Uga.

You start to see the strange character of ranking...if we beat you guys, we will probably be ranked in the top 12 in the country (not to say we will, but hypothetically). Duke plays UNC and Wake Forest, two unranked teams for the rest of the season, and if they win those games (which they should), they will go to the ACC Championship.

So you have a 12th ranked GT (potentially) vs. a Duke team that isn't ranked at all...and Duke will end up in the ACC Championship...lol!
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:16 AM
    You start to see the strange character of ranking...if we beat you guys, we will probably be ranked in the top 12 in the country (not to say we will, but hypothetically). Duke plays UNC and Wake Forest, two unranked teams for the rest of the season, and if they win those games (which they should), they will go to the ACC Championship.

So you have a 12th ranked GT (potentially) vs. a Duke team that isn't ranked at all...and Duke will end up in the ACC Championship...lol!
    Gee wiz my mind is spinning LOL

11-19-2014 11:21 AM
    I'm not complaining about their rank...I'm laughing at their reasoning. They give Bama #1 for controlling the game, but allow Miss State #4 because they kept it close? Doesn't even make sense.
    They're people talking off the top their heads. Most don't have media experience. Condi Rice does. I didn't read it. Who made the comments? I understand what they're saying. It was a poor way if saying it though. We may see changes in the committee members. I mean, Condi Rice admitted she doesn't follow football. LOL

11-19-2014 12:03 PM
    Jeff Long...who is also the chair of the committee lol. And his experience is pretty solid...he's just an *****.
    11-19-2014 12:28 PM
    Jeff Long...who is also the chair of the committee lol. And his experience is pretty solid...he's just an *****.
    Condi Rice can speak and be diplomatic. Since she knows little about college football, they should let her be the committee spokesperson. They tell her what to say, and she does it in diplomatic fashion. If anyone asks a question, she can handle it like a politician.

mumfoau likes this.
    11-19-2014 03:23 PM
    Condi Rice can speak and be diplomatic. Since she knows little about college football, they should let her be the committee spokesperson. They tell her what to say, and she does it in diplomatic fashion. If anyone asks a question, she can handle it like a politician.

So basically they'd just lie about who was in the top 4 based off whatever they wanted it to be based off of...lol. Yikes!
    mumfoau and Ledsteplin like this.
    11-19-2014 03:50 PM
    Man, I had no problem with the BCS system how it was. All this playoff thing is going to do is make people who think the 5th ranked team cry just like they cried about whoever the 3rd ranked team in the BCS system should have gotten in.

Now that teams can be comfortable with a loss or two, it makes the regular season not as good as it has been.
    11-19-2014 03:52 PM
    Congrats Sean on your yellow jackets!

11-21-2014 09:21 AM
    RAMBLIN' WRECK BABY! Thank you UNC for pounding the life out of Duke.

Two VERY tough games in a row...I think we're going to get pretty banged up over those 2 weeks. I know they're happy for a bye this weekend, lol!
    11-21-2014 02:35 PM
    I'm calling a shut out against Charl Southern.

11-22-2014 12:36 PM
    I'm calling a shut out against Charl Southern.

The Buccaneers just said SUCK IT with 3 points.
    11-22-2014 02:22 PM
    The Buccaneers just said SUCK IT with 3 points.
    3 to 45 is almost a shut out

11-22-2014 02:24 PM
    3 to 45 is almost a shut out

But a shutout...it is not.
    11-22-2014 02:41 PM
    But a shutout...it is not.
    Well it's not a shut out anymore, it's a blow out
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 11-22-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    11-22-2014 02:43 PM
    Can FSU pull off a win with Greene out?

11-22-2014 05:37 PM
    Well never mind, looks like Greene is back.

11-22-2014 05:43 PM
608 ... 1112131415 ...