11-15-2014 11:34 PM
    I see FSU wins again... What's that 26 in a row

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 08:56 AM

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    Indeed it is! Sorry Nole haters! The run continues!
    Spencerdl and Les74 like this.
    11-16-2014 09:28 AM
    I absolutely detest the arrogance that is the Miami Hurricanes (sorry, D, but its a fact). But tonight I am a 'Canes fan. What does that tell you about my feelings for the entitled $*#&$@%%! that is quarterbacking the Seminoles? He has ZERO sense of responsibility, and projects himself as a selfish, spoiled little brat who displays an ongoing disdain for the law and the basic rules of life.

Winston is the poster child for spoiled, entitled d-bags. The real sad part is that he will make millions in the NFL and probably inspire another generation of spoiled, entitled d-bags.

And frankly, the NCAA could care less about anything but making money, so yeah, theres that, too.
    No harm done...
    11-16-2014 10:24 AM
    AMEN to this. Historically, it seems that the Hurricanes have been one of those teams who feel entitled to success, and that always drove me nuts
    Entitled? No. Expected? Definitely. Since the 80's and up until around 2004, their entire goal was to win the championship. Anything less was was a failure. That mindset made them great.
    ...between these two teams though, FSU's quarterback takes the cake...Winston is the worst human being in college football today, and I really hope he gets a reality check when he tries for the NFL.
    as for Jameis Winston, the kid is a special talent at QB, but beyond that, I really don't pay any attention to him.
    11-16-2014 10:31 AM
    Miami is putting it on FSU tonight! What a game!
    It was a heckuva game. Miami, has all of the player pieces in place. Now the only thing that's missing is a coach with guys. It irked the heck out of me to watch them play the entire second half solely to protect the lead rather than play to win the game. Why take the foot off the gas when you know that FSU is a great second half playing team? Ugh!
    11-16-2014 10:35 AM

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    Until they reach the 34 mark, they're still second fiddle to the "U"...
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-16-2014 10:36 AM
    Until they reach the 34 mark, they're still second fiddle to the "U"...
    Touch! And I agree with your earlier post as well! Definitely between my beloved 'Noles and your 'Canes greatness is expected! Winning seasons and bowl game appearances aren't even mentioned during goal setting exercises I'm sure! Title or bust!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-16-2014 10:49 AM
    Touch! And I agree with your earlier post as well! Definitely between my beloved 'Noles and your 'Canes greatness is expected! Winning seasons and bowl game appearances aren't even mentioned during goal setting exercises I'm sure! Title or bust!
    No doubt. That's the mindset of those who play football in the state of FL.
    mumfoau and Spencerdl like this.
    11-16-2014 10:52 AM
    Muschamp is out at Florida after the season per Sportscenter app breaking news!

Not surprising at all though.
    11-16-2014 11:24 AM
    Muschamp is out at Florida after the season per Sportscenter app breaking news!

Not surprising at all though.
    Yeah, I received the alert via the Yahoo Sports app. It's a shame, but not unexpected. Still, with only a couple of games left, they should have waited and let him go at the end of the season, in my opinion.
    11-16-2014 12:45 PM

Sent from my GOLD s
    using Tapatalk
    Bama's record win streak was 28 games from 1978 to 1980.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-16-2014 12:59 PM
    Entitled? No. Expected? Definitely. Since the 80's and up until around 2004, their entire goal was to win the championship. Anything less was was a failure. That mindset made them great.
    ALL teams EXPECT success. That's like saying you EXPECT to breath today.

I truly feel that a string of success makes a team and fans feel entitled to ultimate success EVERY time. Last season, Miami went up to rank 7 I believe it was, and then just completed imploded once they started playing the big dogs...after that implosion, all I heard from Miami fans (my brother being the worst) was how the NCAA is garbage, it's all pay for play football, blah blah freakin' blah. Nobody wanted to talk about how Miami has been irrelevant since coming to the ACC, how they haven't had recruiting worth dog squat except for glimmers of light here and there (See: Duke Johnson), and how Al Golden is a good, but not great skipper.

It's the tale of two fan bases...

While winning - "HELL YEAH! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U!"

While losing or just floundering - "NCAA sucks. I don't even like college football anymore."
    11-16-2014 01:40 PM
    Yeah, I received the alert via the Yahoo Sports app. It's a shame, but not unexpected. Still, with only a couple of games left, they should have waited and let him go at the end of the season, in my opinion.

He is finishing the season...the initial report just wasn't complete because the sports sites and blogs wanted to jump out on the headline.

Will Muschamp won't return as Florida Gators' coach next season - ESPN
    11-16-2014 01:43 PM
    ALL teams EXPECT success. That's like saying you EXPECT to breath today.

I truly feel that a string of success makes a team and fans feel entitled to ultimate success EVERY time. Last season, Miami went up to rank 7 I believe it was, and then just completed imploded once they started playing the big dogs...after that implosion, all I heard from Miami fans (my brother being the worst) was how the NCAA is garbage, it's all pay for play football, blah blah freakin' blah. Nobody wanted to talk about how Miami has been irrelevant since coming to the ACC, how they haven't had recruiting worth dog squat except for glimmers of light here and there (See: Duke Johnson), and how Al Golden is a good, but not great skipper.

It's the tale of two fan bases...

While winning - "HELL YEAH! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U!"

While losing or just floundering - "NCAA sucks. I don't even like college football anymore."
    I agree to a point. There are fans who are only fans when their team is winning, and fans like that irk the crap out of me. Everyone who knows me know that I'm all about the U - win, lose or draw - and have been for over 30 years. There is no doubt that Miami has not been relevant since entering the ACC. THAT IS A FACT! They've always had the "talent", but talent alone doesn't cut it. As a REAL Miami fan, I can point to several factors for them not being as dominant, including better talent from other ACC teams, but it's irrelevant. I was ticked when the administration took massive steps to change the image of the football team by skipping over talented hardcore athletes in favor of those who were easier to manage, so to speak, for the sole purpose of image. Those same talented athletes went to Louisville, Clemson, Alabama and a few other places. Those who typically go to FSU and Florida go there from family loyalty, etcetera. Anyway, the current group of players are the best I've seen from the U since their last championship run, and I'm extremely impressed with QB Brad Kaaya.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-16-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    11-16-2014 02:00 PM
    I for one could never be considered a fair weather fan. I'm a Carolina Panther fan for goodness sake. LOL
    11-16-2014 02:10 PM
    He is finishing the season...the initial report just wasn't complete because the sports sites and blogs wanted to jump out on the headline.

Will Muschamp won't return as Florida Gators' coach next season - ESPN
    Oh okay. That's good. Thanks...
    11-16-2014 02:14 PM
    I agree to a point. There are fans who are only fans when their team is winning, and fans like that irk the crap out of me. Everyone who knows me know that I'm all about the U - win, lose or draw - and have been for over 30 years. There is no doubt that Miami has not been relevant since entering the ACC. THAT IS A FACT! They've always had the "talent", but talent alone doesn't cut it. As a REAL Miami fan, I can point to several factors for them not being as dominant, including better talent from other ACC teams, but it's irrelevant. I was ticked when the administration took massive steps to change the image of the football team by skipping over talented hardcore athletes in favor of those who were easier to manage, so to speak, for the sole purpose of image. Those same talented athletes went to Louisville, Clemson, Alabama and a few other places. Those who typically go to FSU and Florida go there from family loyalty, etcetera. Anyway, the current group of players are the best I've seen from the U since their last championship run, and I'm extremely impressed with QB Brad Kaaya.
    The scandal that happened with the Miami boosters and Shapiro essentially changed the face of your team...I remember starting to really pay attention to that whole situation as it started unfolding, and my brother was like "Well...there goes the dynasty." I actually felt bad for him because he, like you, has been a Miami fan for around 30 years, and has never changed from that...he DOES however play that entitlement card I was referring to earlier, so I think my opinion might be a bit biased reflective of his fandom alone, LOL! Forgive me if I'm a bit overly critical at times.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-16-2014 02:43 PM
    The scandal that happened with the Miami boosters and Shapiro essentially changed the face of your team...I remember starting to really pay attention to that whole situation as it started unfolding, and my brother was like "Well...there goes the dynasty." I actually felt bad for him because he, like you, has been a Miami fan for around 30 years, and has never changed from that...he DOES however play that entitlement card I was referring to earlier, so I think my opinion might be a bit biased reflective of his fandom alone, LOL! Forgive me if I'm a bit overly critical at times.
    Oh no. It's all good. I enjoy reading your comments and critiques. Keep speaking the truth, sir.
    11-16-2014 03:00 PM
    Annnnnnnd Gurley is out for the season with torn ACL...this is not something I'm bragging or happy about, as I'd rather play a 100% UGA, and this kind of injury is never a funny story. Hope he recovers in time for combine.

Todd Gurley out remainder of season with torn ACL
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-16-2014 08:03 PM
    Annnnnnnd Gurley is out for the season with torn ACL...this is not something I'm bragging or happy about, as I'd rather play a 100% UGA, and this kind of injury is never a funny story. Hope he recovers in time for combine.

Yeah that stinks that he tore his ACL
    11-16-2014 08:19 PM
    Spoke to soon, did you?

Hahahaha!
    No? I was just cheering them... I would have loved to see them beat FSU!
    11-17-2014 08:23 PM

Yeah it's too bad. Good thing we have Chubb, who is, imo, just as good as Gurley.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 11-18-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    11-18-2014 07:58 AM
    Rooooll Tide!!
    NCAA Football 2014-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416356109.212584.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-18-2014 07:15 PM
608 ... 910111213 ...