Those of you who have followed pro wrestling for a while are aware of the iconic Ultimate Warrior. Well, according to news reports, he has passed away today at the age of 54. My son and I saw him Monday night during WWE Monday Night Raw. Anyway, the news story can be read via the following link.

Former pro wrestler Ultimate Warrior dies at 54 — hosted.ap.org — Readability
    04-09-2014 06:57 PM
    RIP you will be missed
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 06:58 PM
    Very shocked by this. Unbelievable that it happened just days after he was inducted into the WWE HoF.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    Last edited by Les74; 04-09-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 06:58 PM
    Very shocked by this. Unbelievable that it happened just days after he was infected into the WWE HoF.

I know, right. My adult son and I watched the moving tribute he gave to his wife and kids during his HoF speech. #unbelievable.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 07:07 PM
    That's too young of an age to die at. RIP.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 10:15 PM
    R.I.P he was always my favourite wrestler

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 10:34 PM
    Very shocked by this. Unbelievable that it happened just days after he was inducted into the WWE HoF.

Agreed!!! Something is gonna come to the surface. He was way too young.

Rest In Perfection Ultimate Warrior
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2014 10:47 PM
    54, to young, RIP.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-09-2014 11:34 PM
    I know guys of that 80's and 90's generation did plenty of roids so it doesn't come as a shock to me. That said, I don't care what anyone thinks of pro wrestling. I grew up watching these guys and Warrior passing felt like a punch to my liver seeing as it was part of my childhood. During those 20 years that he was being trashed, he was the only guy to stand up to Vince McMahon and litigate for what was rightfully his intellectual property and won. I'm just glad he made ammends and got his recognition before he passed. When I watched him walking down to the ring on Monday, limping and all, it didn't look right. The last time he shook those ropes he looked like he was going to just go down right then. But man, really felt like the guy gave his own eulogy. First thing I thought of when I heard the news were his daughters. I don't wish on my worst enemy that their kids have to go through that.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-10-2014 01:31 AM
    Ultimate Warrior was a favorite of mine growing up, sad to hear this news.

Everyone can remember him now that he's in the Hall of Fame.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-10-2014 01:58 AM
    I[Snipped] When I watched him walking down to the ring on Monday, limping and all, it didn't look right. The last time he shook those ropes he looked like he was going to just go down right then. But man, really felt like the guy gave his own eulogy. First thing I thought of when I heard the news were his daughters. I don't wish on my worst enemy that their kids have to go through that.
    I, too, immediately noticed the limp and felt that something wasn't quite right, and now that you've mentioned it, it did feel as if he had given his own eulogy. In regard to the kids, I agree, but they'll adjust in time.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:22 AM
    It's crazy to me that these guys, who were ICONS in my childhood, are actually mortal and are getting old/dying right in front of my eyes! When I was a kid, these guys were like superheroes. It really is sad.
    04-10-2014 09:32 AM
    It's crazy to me that these guys, who were ICONS in my childhood, are actually mortal and are getting old/dying right in front of my eyes! When I was a kid, these guys were like superheroes. It really is sad.
    I think the part that's scary about all of it is we are getting older too. Lol. I remember watching the thing on Nirvana the other day going in to the hall of fame, and when they said 20 years after his suicide I was like "holy crap I'm getting old". Our generation are now the politicians, rock stars, and idols... It's true when they say life is short.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    04-11-2014 12:51 AM
    I think the part that's scary about all of it is we are getting older too. Lol. I remember watching the thing on Nirvana the other day going in to the hall of fame, and when they said 20 years after his suicide I was like "holy crap I'm getting old". Our generation are now the politicians, rock stars, and idols... It's true when they say life is short.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    I thought the same thing with the HOF, and also hearing that Cobain's death is coming up on the 20 year anniversary...makes you feel really old. I still remember hearing the news at school.

As for Warrior...man, I loved him as a kid. I remember being freaked out when the Undertaker locked him in the coffin, and when Poppa Shongo cursed him and he started vomiting everywhere...that scared the hell out of me as a kid! It's a shame though...I really think roids, PEDs, etc., that these guys took in order to stay important within their occupation really did them in. Even the concussions...look at all the other wrestlers who ended up killing themselves. It's a shame.

thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP Warrior.
    04-11-2014 03:00 PM
    I thought the same thing with the HOF, and also hearing that Cobain's death is coming up on the 20 year anniversary...makes you feel really old. I still remember hearing the news at school.

As for Warrior...man, I loved him as a kid. I remember being freaked out when the Undertaker locked him in the coffin, and when Poppa Shongo cursed him and he started vomiting everywhere...that scared the hell out of me as a kid! It's a shame though...I really think roids, PEDs, etc., that these guys took in order to stay important within their occupation really did them in. Even the concussions...look at all the other wrestlers who ended up killing themselves. It's a shame.

thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP Warrior.
    You just sprouted a memory for me. I remember once those officials got that coffin open it was all ripped up inside from him "trying" to escape out of it. And when The Godfather (Papa Shango, lol) started making him ooze that black stuff. It was cool having pro wrestling be cartoonish like that for our generation before the internet became popular.
    jburke82 likes this.
    04-11-2014 03:30 PM
    You just sprouted a memory for me. I remember once those officials got that coffin open it was all ripped up inside from him "trying" to escape out of it. And when The Godfather (Papa Shango, lol) started making him ooze that black stuff. It was cool having pro wrestling be cartoonish like that for our generation before the internet became popular.
    Man, I absolutely hated that cartoon era. Wrestling was at its best when the Attitude Era was born. It may never be that good again.

04-11-2014 11:53 PM
    I saw him wrestle Ravishing Rick Rude when I was in high school!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-12-2014 01:39 AM
    Man, I absolutely hated that cartoon era. Wrestling was at its best when the Attitude Era was born. It may never be that good again.

It won't ever reach Attitude era greatness ever again. And I agree that it sure was the best era.
    04-12-2014 04:48 AM
    It won't ever reach Attitude era greatness ever again. And I agree that it sure was the best era.
    I don't think the Attitude era should stay forever, but it was indeed one of the best, yes.
    04-12-2014 05:31 AM
    I don't think the Attitude era should stay forever, but it was indeed one of the best, yes.
    Yeah attitude was an awesome time in WWF. I like the pre attitude era though with mr.perfect, macho man, jake the snake and guys like that.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    04-13-2014 11:43 AM
    Yeah attitude was an awesome time in WWF. I like the pre attitude era though with mr.perfect, macho man, jake the snake and guys like that.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    Yeah, bro, me too, me too
    04-13-2014 11:43 AM
    Yup! As a kid...that was freaky to watch. I remember seeing the torn up inside of the coffin from him trying to get out and thinking it was real! Haha
    04-14-2014 09:11 AM
    Tonight's RAW episode is suppose to be dedicated to the Ultimate Warrior. I'm interested to see the manner in which it will be dedicated.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-14-2014 10:31 AM
    Tonight's RAW episode is suppose to be dedicated to the Ultimate Warrior. I'm interested to see the manner in which it will be dedicated.
    I may just have to watch wrestling again tonight lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    Just_Me_D and iOS Gravity like this.
    04-14-2014 05:48 PM
    It was an awesome tribute to him. Not gonna lie when they showed him giving the speech to his daughters I got a little teary eyed lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    04-16-2014 01:45 PM