NHL Discussion Thread

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear what you're saying, but it's rough living near Philly when you are a Pens fan. While other teams fans can be obnoxious as well, most of those fans can back it up....the Flyers haven't won a Cup in 40 years. If I were a Flyers fan, I'd sit down and shut up until they did.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

This is what I learned early on being a Philly fan.....don't talk smack! The teams (other than the Phils in '08) don't back it up! That being said...the Pens do only have 1 more cup than us, and were almost sold off (more than once) before being saved by Mario.

ANYWAY.......I hear ya. A good friend of mine I grew up with is a Giants fan (NY) and he says the same thing.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
And I don't see the Rangers beating the Pens.

I certainly do. This team is in dire need of an overhaul.....starting with Shero and Bylsma. Don't think I've ever seen a more underachieving team with so much talent.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I certainly do. This team is in dire need of an overhaul.....starting with Shero and Bylsma. Don't think I've ever seen a more underachieving team with so much talent.

My buddy made a great comparison....the Flyers, Rangers, and Pens are like rock, paper scissors...Flyers play the Pens the best, Pens play the rangers the best, and rangers play the flyers the best. Haha.

I just think (even though they looked awful) the Flyers/Pens series would be great. I feel that the Pens will be able to handle the Rangers, but who knows I guess. The Rangers were the better team in the series with the Flyers, but I don't think they are good enough to go on.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My buddy made a great comparison....the Flyers, Rangers, and Pens are like rock, paper scissors...Flyers play the Pens the best, Pens play the rangers the best, and rangers play the flyers the best. Haha.

I just think (even though they looked awful) the Flyers/Pens series would be great. I feel that the Pens will be able to handle the Rangers, but who knows I guess. The Rangers were the better team in the series with the Flyers, but I don't think they are good enough to go on.

I definitely agree with your first statement. The Pens don't play tough hockey any more. Don't know what happened. Probably been that way since Billy Guerin left. Maybe he was their inspiration. Regardless, Sid and Geno aren't it. I don't see them scoring much...if at all...on Lundqvist.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Pens defense...����������

I didn't get a chance to watch the game (helping a buddy move)...but I read that it was just bad play all around on both sides. I would love to see this series go to 7. I'm thinking Chicago could win in 4 or 5, and the Boston/Habs series could go long. As far as the LA/Ducks series...I have no clue what to expect there!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get a chance to watch the game (helping a buddy move)...but I read that it was just bad play all around on both sides. I would love to see this series go to 7. I'm thinking Chicago could win in 4 or 5, and the Boston/Habs series could go long. As far as the LA/Ducks series...I have no clue what to expect there!

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the Pens win this series because there is NO WAY that they'll beat the Bruins or Blackhawks. This team just needs a lot of work.....which is a major understatement.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, it doesn't matter if the Pens win this series because there is NO WAY that they'll beat the Bruins or Blackhawks. This team just needs a lot of work.....which is a major understatement.

If they play the way they have the last two games, they can beat anybody. However I've never seen a more inconsistent Penguins team. Game 2 versus the Rangers was the most complete they've played in a LONG time. The only way Bylsma should return is if they make The Cup finals. They've underachieved every year since '09.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Bruins might be going golfing here soon if they don't pull their socks up. Habs are playing good hockey man. They beat Boston I pitty the team that plays them next.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Bruins might be going golfing here soon if they don't pull their socks up. Habs are playing good hockey man. They beat Boston I pitty the team that plays them next.

Don't put the Bruins out yet, Their only down by one game.series still has a ways to go.