...!!MLB 2014!!...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Man...baseball thread died out a good bit, LOL!

Enjoyed some Braves baseball tonight, and especially enjoyed beating the Dodgers. F' LA.

http://i.imgur.com/VomDbzQ.jpg?1

...it was also Oso Blanco bobble head night! :)

http://i.imgur.com/P2litoP.jpg?1

Hey Sean, where are your Braves going this year? You can watch my Dodgers in the Playoffs. What a fiasco in the Hall of Fame. With Glavine in, it should be the Hall of Shame. Tommy(i always get the outside call) Glavine, has no business being in Cooperstown. Maddux and Smoltz deserve the Hall, but NOT Glavine. If balls and strikes were allowed to be challenged, his walk ratio would go way up. I saw the Boston Braves play the Dodgers at Ebbett's Field, and the Milwaukee Braves, and the Braves had some great pitchers. Warren Spahn was as good as Koufax, but Glavine? Not a chance. If, on a rare occasion, he didn't get the outside call, Bobby, the crybaby, Cox would go after the umpire. I just wish that they had an accurate pitchtrack back then. We would see what a great liar Skip Caray was. Chief Nockahoma should be rolling over in his grave.:cant-watch:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
VtwyyRJ.gif

Oh look...a typical Dodger fan crawling out of the woodshed to talk smack at the end of the season.

Suck it up buddy...my Braves are fizzling to an end this season, and we'll hopefully find ourselves a new skipper next season and shed some weight by the name of BJ Upton.

Curious though, have your Dodgers done anything relevant in the last quarter century? Yeah...that's what I thought. :beer:

All that money...and nothing to show for it. Ouch. I can understand being bitter about Glavine...I mean you have classy sure bets for the hall in the future like Puig! :rotfl: I really enjoyed watching him score the golden sombrero in person...it was hilarious! Looking historically at LA, we'll be seeing you very soon in the off season!

Colbert+Wave.gif

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/VtwyyRJ.gif

Oh look...a typical Dodger fan crawling out of the woodshed to talk smack at the end of the season.

Suck it up buddy...my Braves are fizzling to an end this season, and we'll hopefully find ourselves a new skipper next season and shed some weight by the name of BJ Upton.

Curious though, have your Dodgers done anything relevant in the last quarter century? Yeah...that's what I thought. :beer:

All that money...and nothing to show for it. Ouch. I can understand being bitter about Glavine...I mean you have classy sure bets for the hall in the future like Puig! :rotfl: I really enjoyed watching him score the golden sombrero in person...it was hilarious! Looking historically at LA, we'll be seeing you very soon in the off season!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z708Q_Dl3Ko/UqePZST7ftI/AAAAAAAAChg/3cWwnM0fzfI/s1600/Colbert+Wave.gif

You'll be seeing us in the playoffs. What i said about Glavine is true, and i think you know it.:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know what? That he was a two time Cy Young winning, 300+ game winning world series champion pitcher who easily deserved his spot in Cooperstown. The guy has 2500+ strike outs in his career...and you're telling me that they were gimmes? LOL! Give me a break.

One of the greatest pitchers of all time. And he'll be followed in by Smoltzie and Chipper soon too.

You must be on drugs if you think I'd agree with you. Hilariously, your Dodgers haven't rewarded a Cy Young winner with a world series since Hershiser...I'd bet 90% of this website wasn't even born when that guy touched a baseball, LOL! Wonder if he's in the HoF? ;)

And you know what the difference is between the Braves not making the playoffs and the Dodgers going to the playoffs?

The Braves will simply start off season a few days earlier.

bobby_cox_cigar1.jpg

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The Giants could've gained ground this weekend. Looks like they'll be the Wildcard. I was hoping they'd win the West.

One game playoff, Madbum starts, then game one of the NLDS gets tricky from there. Listening to a 17-0 thrashing last night hurt. I figured Kershaw would get them today so they had to beat Greinke to have had a chance at taking the series.

But Posey is still red hot, Panik is doing really well at second and Susac is proving to be a good backstop when Busyer is at 1B. Plus they get Belt back so too. Just a matter of how quick he gets his stroke back.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I know what? That he was a two time Cy Young winning, 300+ game winning world series champion pitcher who easily deserved his spot in Cooperstown. The guy has 2500+ strike outs in his career...and you're telling me that they were gimmes? LOL! Give me a break.

One of the greatest pitchers of all time. And he'll be followed in by Smoltzie and Chipper soon too.

You must be on drugs if you think I'd agree with you. Hilariously, your Dodgers haven't rewarded a Cy Young winner with a world series since Hershiser...I'd bet 90% of this website wasn't even born when that guy touched a baseball, LOL! Wonder if he's in the HoF? ;)

And you know what the difference is between the Braves not making the playoffs and the Dodgers going to the playoffs?

The Braves will simply start off season a few days earlier.

http://mlblogsaldengonzalez.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/bobby_cox_cigar1.jpg

I'm saying that at least half of his called third strikes were balls off the plate. Smoltz deserves the Hall, as does Jones. So does Dale Murphy, but i don't know if he's in. Glavine was a so-so pitcher, who just happened to be on a good team. :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm saying that at least half of his called third strikes were balls off the plate. Smoltz deserves the Hall, as does Jones. So does Dale Murphy, but i don't know if he's in. Glavine was a so-so pitcher, who just happened to be on a good team. :p

And I whole heartedly disagree with you. We can be baseball enemies. ;)

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't see how you think Glavine is not Hall worthy. He was one of the best control pitchers of all time and everyone knows it, that is why he got in. You can argue "balls and strikes" all you want but that is true with every pitcher. Every pitcher I have ever seen has had pitches go his way or not go his way. If ?ngel Hern?ndez is behind the plate and you are a pitcher you are in for a loooonngg night.

Also, Dale Murphy did not get in and is no longer be eligible.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see Wren booted...hoping for an axe to Fredi Gonzo's neck next.

See y'all next season. Onto football...

Yeah, I was reading about Wren. I also read where Bobby said they have not given up on Fredi yet. I like Fredi but I don't think he is a good fit in Atlanta. He has had 3 years as the skipper. Made the playoffs (not advancing) in 2 years and had September meltdowns in 2 years.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was reading about Wren. I also read where Bobby said they have not given up on Fredi yet. I like Fredi but I don't think he is a good fit in Atlanta. He has had 3 years as the skipper. Made the playoffs (not advancing) in 2 years and had September meltdowns in 2 years.

He lacks passion, and it's infuriating, especially when we were so used to Cox's way of running things (and being the most ejected coach in MLB history). Honestly, we'll be at a game, the entire stadium will see some obvious BS and he'll never step out of the dugout. It's so frustrating...that and the fact that he can't make pitching calls worth a damn (IE: last years playoff game where Kimbrel was left on the bench when we could have possibly held the game tied and made a 9th inning comeback). He can't develop a workable rotation, his batting lineup experiments are laughable. I mean in any of the big markets, he'd be gone already, but for some reason we're stuck with him. It really sucks.

I can only hope if Fredi sticks around, that the coaching staff gets a major overhaul at least...and BJ Upton is shown the door. If we start 2015 with BJ Upton, it's going to be tough to enjoy a game knowing they are stick with that bum.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys see that Derek Jeter is retiring?

Yes 😞
Today is their last home game and there is an 80% chance of rain. If it gets rained out, it will get postponed. But since they are out of contention, it's likely that they won't end up playing it. He'd end a fantastic career in NY with an 0-4 game 😫

Posted via the iMore App for Android

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
All joking aside, Kershaw deserves MVP...I doubt they give it to him because he's a pitcher, but hot damn he's good.

Pitchers have been awarded it in the past. Verlander won it in '11. He also won the Cy Young award that year.

Posted via the iMore App for Android