...!!MLB 2014!!...

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If I could kiss Charter, I would. Yesterday, they dumped a metric **** ton of HD channels to us. And here's where I almost had a heart attack: I now have the MLBTV channel in HD. I almost fainted. That's my all time favorite channel. I had it with Directv and loved it. So now hopefully I can see more Braves games, since we all know TBS was bought out by the Yankees.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Crossing my fingers that Medlen's injury from today is just a strain like is being reported...he threw a pitch and grabbed his elbow, and then the very next pitch he threw, before it even hit the catchers glove he was quickly heading for the dugout. My heart sunk...the Braves really cannot afford to lose him to another blown elbow.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So Medlen is done for at least the 2014 season...he'll have TJ surgery again. :(

On a bitter sweet note though, we signed Santana to a 1 year contract, so that should bolster up our pitching squad.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I heard on the radio today that a baseball magazine picked the Nationals to beat the A's in the World Series. I don't see that happening.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nationals are supposed to be relevant this season...but before last season started, they were also supposed to be relevant (and were supposed to win the division by like 5 games over the Braves, and we see how that turned out, LOL!).

On top of that, the gNats golden boy Bryce Harper is already starting drama in spring training, having been thrown out of a game yesterday for arguing being thrown out at first (he was clearly out too) and then continuing to throw a temper tantrum as he was collecting his gear and SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWLY leaving the stadium. Only 6 other players have been thrown out of a game this pre-season besides him, and of those 6, 5 of them were thrown out for arguing balls and strikes at home plate (which, in my opinion, must be quite difficult to refrain from as a batter). The guy is such a chump...and I hope he turns the gNats season into a circus show...a 2nd place circus show.

Man I can't WAIT for baseball season to start!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
0-2 loss...BJ and Gattis both striking out twice, the rest of the guys having a somewhat mediocre offensive day as well.

I'm hoping this game is not representative of things to come this season. It's just one game, but man...some **** poor offensive showings.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Holy cow, I was trying to watch the Cubbies this morning (there was a snoozefest) and had the Rangers/Phillies game going in the other window. Look at all them runs!

Was glad to see the Padres take a win last night. I didn't care for the idea of the Dodgers having a three game lead on the NL West before anyone else had even played a game.

Getting ready to watch the Rockies here in a minute as a lead off to the Ms/Angels. Then probably catch the DBacks on replay afterwards unless they totally get massacred.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow, I was trying to watch the Cubbies this morning (there was a snoozefest) and had the Rangers/Phillies game going in the other window. Look at all them runs!

Was glad to see the Padres take a win last night. I didn't care for the idea of the Dodgers having a three game lead on the NL West before anyone else had even played a game.

Getting ready to watch the Rockies here in a minute as a lead off to the Ms/Angels. Then probably catch the DBacks on replay afterwards unless they totally get massacred.

I was watching a little bit of the Cubs game this afternoon. I feel bad for all my friends who are Cubs fans. It's gonna be another long season. Not really!!