...!!MLB 2014!!...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Too bad there aren't that many class acts anymore. I disliked Jeter because he was a Yankee, but you better believe I'm holding onto his rookie card. :D I seriously wonder if we will ever see the types of players that I grew up watching and idolizing. Not the PED junkies like Sosa or McGwire, but the Jeter's and Ripkens. Short answer? Probably not. The sports world is too money hungry and $$$ is king. Loyalty seems to be an almost forgotten concept.

I would like to think you are wrong. I am not only a Yankee fan but I am a baseball fan. I need to believe that there will be another player that watched Jeter play the right way and will emulate that behavior.

andymyrick

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to think you are wrong. I am not only a Yankee fan but I am a baseball fan. I need to believe that there will be another player that watched Jeter play the right way and will emulate that behavior.

Trust me, I hope I'm wrong as well. There are a few players in the majors right now that I think (or hope) will be on the same team for their entire careers. Machado, McCutchen, Posey, to name a few. However today's game is far from the game that jeter and Rivera studied from. Bryce Harper is an example of someone who has loads of talent but his ego far surpasses his talent and I'm afraid more and more players are going to be like this. Maybe I'm wrong. HOPEFULLY, I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a Seattle fan, but I do think that they made a bit of a mistake by signing Cano. Sure, he's the best 2nd baseman in the game right now, but he's already 31 and he will slow down sooner rather than later. I'm sure the friendly hitter confines of Safeco will help him out for a little longer than most, but that doesn't change the fact that the M's overspent on him. I will say this is coming from an Orioles fan with an owner who is terrified to spend ANY of his money.

Yeah, there's a part of me that is convinced we're back where we were with Ichiro. It's the Mariners though. 80 wins is a plus lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that spring training is starting I know that spring has to be on the way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Got into the 80s this week. I think that's why they play Spring Training here lol

Scored tickets to White Sox @ Mariners at the end of March. I was hoping to catch the Rangers game but the good tickets were already sold out. Oh well, the Mariners might actually be able to beat the White Sox, even if it is just Spring Training. I might still try to get some tickets to the Rockies @ Mariners game if I can round up a couple friends to go with me.

14 days!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Kimbrel is a Brave for 4 more years.

Your team does not want to see this in the 9th...

Craig%2BKimbrel%2BPhiladelphia%2BPhillies%2Bv%2BAtlanta%2BvlNbNIYYYx_l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LU8tjn-JM

Last edited: