...!!MLB 2014!!...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A-Rod is dropping his lawsuit. I don't think he had a chance to win the appeal anyway. He's gone!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, don't think so, especially if the Yanks do good this season. But him not coming back might just be wishful thinking on my part.

That might be wishful thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 2015 with someone. It might not be the Yankees.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
That might be wishful thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 2015 with someone. It might not be the Yankees.

Yeah, I know, but i don't think he will be seeing the money he is used to getting.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know, but i don't think he will be seeing the money he is used to getting.

Maybe. Does he still have years on his contract? But I don't expect him just to go away. That's not who he is.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe. Does he still have years on his contract? But I don't expect him just to go away. That's not who he is.

Yeah,he's a thorn, he has a six year, 2017. But that might be a good thing. My luck the sox would pick him up.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
What's with all you DBacks fans in this thread ?:p

So glad they play in a different league than the Mariners, makes it easier for me to root for my team and the local boys as well throughout the season lol.

For the first time in a few years, I'm getting excited for Seattle. I like what we're doing with our bullpen and I'm hoping James Paxton will pan out. My work schedule will work out great this season son I'll be able to catch quite a few of the games. I'll get to see the position battle in person for once!

I'm happy about Cano but I still think we need to work on our defense before we're really legit. Looking for the M's to hold it together and do some building this year. If we can lock down our bullpen, maybe we do something more with defense in the offseason and make a push next year.

Until then, I have the DBacks to hope for lol

andymyrick

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a Seattle fan, but I do think that they made a bit of a mistake by signing Cano. Sure, he's the best 2nd baseman in the game right now, but he's already 31 and he will slow down sooner rather than later. I'm sure the friendly hitter confines of Safeco will help him out for a little longer than most, but that doesn't change the fact that the M's overspent on him. I will say this is coming from an Orioles fan with an owner who is terrified to spend ANY of his money.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a Seattle fan, but I do think that they made a bit of a mistake by signing Cano. Sure, he's the best 2nd baseman in the game right now, but he's already 31 and he will slow down sooner rather than later. I'm sure the friendly hitter confines of Safeco will help him out for a little longer than most, but that doesn't change the fact that the M's overspent on him. I will say this is coming from an Orioles fan with an owner who is terrified to spend ANY of his money.

Full disclosure I am a Yankee fan and I think it was a huge mistake. For both sides. He won't live up to that contract and Seattle fans will dislike his dogging it to first base attitude. He will miss the bright lights of the city.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Never been a Yankee fan but always been a Jeter fan. Never any PED crap with him that I know of. First Ballot HOF no question.

andymyrick

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Too bad there aren't that many class acts anymore. I disliked Jeter because he was a Yankee, but you better believe I'm holding onto his rookie card. :D I seriously wonder if we will ever see the types of players that I grew up watching and idolizing. Not the PED junkies like Sosa or McGwire, but the Jeter's and Ripkens. Short answer? Probably not. The sports world is too money hungry and $$$ is king. Loyalty seems to be an almost forgotten concept.