A-Rod is dropping his lawsuit. I don't think he had a chance to win the appeal anyway. He's gone!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    That good, I won't be missing him.
    pr1nce likes this.
    02-09-2014 12:35 PM
    Do you think he will play in 2015?

02-10-2014 12:39 AM
    Do you think he will play in 2015?

No, don't think so, especially if the Yanks do good this season. But him not coming back might just be wishful thinking on my part.
    02-10-2014 12:58 AM
    No, don't think so, especially if the Yanks do good this season. But him not coming back might just be wishful thinking on my part.
    That might be wishful thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 2015 with someone. It might not be the Yankees.

02-10-2014 01:01 AM
    That might be wishful thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 2015 with someone. It might not be the Yankees.

Yeah, I know, but i don't think he will be seeing the money he is used to getting.
    02-10-2014 01:07 AM
    Yeah, I know, but i don't think he will be seeing the money he is used to getting.
    Maybe. Does he still have years on his contract? But I don't expect him just to go away. That's not who he is.

02-10-2014 01:20 AM
    Maybe. Does he still have years on his contract? But I don't expect him just to go away. That's not who he is.

Yeah,he's a thorn, he has a six year, 2017. But that might be a good thing. My luck the sox would pick him up.
    02-10-2014 01:27 AM
    Yeah,he's a thorn, he has a six year, 2017. But that might be a good thing. My luck the sox would pick him up.
    I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 01:34 AM
    What's with all you DBacks fans in this thread ?:P

So glad they play in a different league than the Mariners, makes it easier for me to root for my team and the local boys as well throughout the season lol.

For the first time in a few years, I'm getting excited for Seattle. I like what we're doing with our bullpen and I'm hoping James Paxton will pan out. My work schedule will work out great this season son I'll be able to catch quite a few of the games. I'll get to see the position battle in person for once!

I'm happy about Cano but I still think we need to work on our defense before we're really legit. Looking for the M's to hold it together and do some building this year. If we can lock down our bullpen, maybe we do something more with defense in the offseason and make a push next year.

Until then, I have the DBacks to hope for lol
    02-10-2014 04:53 AM
    I'm not a Seattle fan, but I do think that they made a bit of a mistake by signing Cano. Sure, he's the best 2nd baseman in the game right now, but he's already 31 and he will slow down sooner rather than later. I'm sure the friendly hitter confines of Safeco will help him out for a little longer than most, but that doesn't change the fact that the M's overspent on him. I will say this is coming from an Orioles fan with an owner who is terrified to spend ANY of his money.
    02-11-2014 09:08 PM
    I'm not a Seattle fan, but I do think that they made a bit of a mistake by signing Cano. Sure, he's the best 2nd baseman in the game right now, but he's already 31 and he will slow down sooner rather than later. I'm sure the friendly hitter confines of Safeco will help him out for a little longer than most, but that doesn't change the fact that the M's overspent on him. I will say this is coming from an Orioles fan with an owner who is terrified to spend ANY of his money.
    Full disclosure I am a Yankee fan and I think it was a huge mistake. For both sides. He won't live up to that contract and Seattle fans will dislike his dogging it to first base attitude. He will miss the bright lights of the city.
    andymyrick likes this.
    02-12-2014 07:46 AM
    Derek Jeter is retiring after this season. He is all that is right with the game.
    pr1nce and taz323 like this.
    02-12-2014 03:13 PM
    Never been a Yankee fan but always been a Jeter fan. Never any PED crap with him that I know of. First Ballot HOF no question.
    phreddyl and pr1nce like this.
    02-12-2014 03:20 PM
    I agree a first ballot HOF. A great Yankee and a class man.

02-12-2014 05:14 PM
    Too bad there aren't that many class acts anymore. I disliked Jeter because he was a Yankee, but you better believe I'm holding onto his rookie card. I seriously wonder if we will ever see the types of players that I grew up watching and idolizing. Not the PED junkies like Sosa or McGwire, but the Jeter's and Ripkens. Short answer? Probably not. The sports world is too money hungry and $$$ is king. Loyalty seems to be an almost forgotten concept.
    02-12-2014 06:10 PM
    Too bad there aren't that many class acts anymore. I disliked Jeter because he was a Yankee, but you better believe I'm holding onto his rookie card. I seriously wonder if we will ever see the types of players that I grew up watching and idolizing. Not the PED junkies like Sosa or McGwire, but the Jeter's and Ripkens. Short answer? Probably not. The sports world is too money hungry and $$$ is king. Loyalty seems to be an almost forgotten concept.
    I would like to think you are wrong. I am not only a Yankee fan but I am a baseball fan. I need to believe that there will be another player that watched Jeter play the right way and will emulate that behavior.
    02-12-2014 06:32 PM
    I would like to think you are wrong. I am not only a Yankee fan but I am a baseball fan. I need to believe that there will be another player that watched Jeter play the right way and will emulate that behavior.
    Trust me, I hope I'm wrong as well. There are a few players in the majors right now that I think (or hope) will be on the same team for their entire careers. Machado, McCutchen, Posey, to name a few. However today's game is far from the game that jeter and Rivera studied from. Bryce Harper is an example of someone who has loads of talent but his ego far surpasses his talent and I'm afraid more and more players are going to be like this. Maybe I'm wrong. HOPEFULLY, I'm wrong. Only time will tell.
    02-13-2014 01:45 AM
    Yeah, there's a part of me that is convinced we're back where we were with Ichiro. It's the Mariners though. 80 wins is a plus lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    02-13-2014 04:06 AM
    Pitchers and Catchers!! It's that time.

02-13-2014 04:57 PM
    So ready! As the snow continues to fall... I have to move to a warmer climate
    02-13-2014 05:27 PM
    So ready! As the snow continues to fall... I have to move to a warmer climate
    The winter that that did not want to end, but the thought of baseball is bringing it closer.
    pr1nce likes this.
    02-13-2014 05:35 PM
    Now that spring training is starting I know that spring has to be on the way.

taz323 likes this.
    02-13-2014 05:38 PM
    Now that spring training is starting I know that spring has to be on the way.

That's what I'm trying to think about every time I pick up that shovel.
    pr1nce likes this.
    02-13-2014 05:43 PM
    That's what I'm trying to think about every time I pick up that shovel.
    Me too. How's it working for you? Not so well for me.

02-13-2014 05:45 PM
    Me too. How's it working for you? Not so well for me.

Lol, same here.
    02-13-2014 05:47 PM
511 1234 ...