...!!MLB 2014!!...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Because I'm bored to death of NFL football, lol. (end disgruntled Falcons fan whining)

We start the new season/thread with...

- A-Rod banned for season (hopefully forever, lol)
- Instant replay comes to our beloved game, forever questioning the umps (thankfully?)
- Yankees use their infinitely large budget to buy every damn player (or move their big players) while other teams try to figure out how to survive...go figure.

...GO BRAVES!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
60minutes is going to cover the A-Rod thing after the fb game... The preview they ran of the interview with the founder of Biogenesis is quite damaging...

Meanwhile, I hope my MN Twins can have a good year...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could be excited about pitchers and catchers reporting, but Amaro has run the Phillies into the ground! Our biggest off season moves have been acquiring Marlon Byrd (who is old, was busted for PEDs, and already played for us years ago), adding a #5 starter, and extending Chooch's contract. We have gotten older than we already are....and that is tough to do!

I have always followed the Orioles too (Cal Ripken was one of my favorite players when I was younger, and my Dad and I got to go to a bunch of O's games)...I may be following them even more now! Haha.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So after sitting down and looking at the arbitration of some of the braves players, I'm actually a little worried about some of the hesitance we've seen...

- Heyward's asking price was off by $300k...that's like pocket change for his level of ability. Why the Braves sent that to arbitration over $300k is worrisome and will certainly not fill him full of confidence that he will be a leader within our team dynamic. Big mistake if you ask me...

- Freeman was off by I think $1.5mil...this is a little more understandable, but you're talking about the core of our team here...he's developing into the player that will take over where McCann's role is empty now. Give him the damn money and quit being petty...this guy is supposed to be stepping up to lead our team.

- Kimbrel's is really the only one I can actually agree on, and not to say he's not worth it at all, he definitely is...but everyone knew he'd be going to arbitration because he's asking for so much money.

...I don't like the politics of any game, but I took notice of this years arbitration because some of the moves were a bit weird.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So after sitting down and looking at the arbitration of some of the braves players, I'm actually a little worried about some of the hesitance we've seen...

- Heyward's asking price was off by $300k...that's like pocket change for his level of ability. Why the Braves sent that to arbitration over $300k is worrisome and will certainly not fill him full of confidence that he will be a leader within our team dynamic. Big mistake if you ask me...

- Freeman was off by I think $1.5mil...this is a little more understandable, but you're talking about the core of our team here...he's developing into the player that will take over where McCann's role is empty now. Give him the damn money and quit being petty...this guy is supposed to be stepping up to lead our team.

- Kimbrel's is really the only one I can actually agree on, and not to say he's not worth it at all, he definitely is...but everyone knew he'd be going to arbitration because he's asking for so much money.

...I don't like the politics of any game, but I took notice of this years arbitration because some of the moves were a bit weird.

I don't like the politics of the game. Unfortunately, it is now part of the game I guess I'm just old school!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Heyward one was crazy. Almost embarrassing to go to arbitration over that amount of money. MLB should just tell them to meet in the middle and save the time and bad feelings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner