MMA Discussion

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if there is anyone on here that's interested in mma, but I noticed there is no thread for UFC or anything fight related (that I could find) figure why not get something started. Who's some of your favorite fighters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any favorites per se, BUT I do enjoy watching. There is just something about 2 guys fighting that appeals to me. I remember watching (and sometimes I was a fighter too) all those school yard brawls when I was a kid. Remember the circle that would quickly form around the participants? Also when I was a teen, my Dad used to manage a couple boxers and I would get to go to the fights with him. Good times!

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I could never get into boxing for some reason. maybe the fact that boxers wear bigger gloves and you kind of know ahead of time how its going to happen.... tko or decision. mma you don't know if its going to be tko, submission, or such a wide range of finishes. I have a huge amount of respect for boxers as their cardio and heart is the best there is.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Huge MMA fan. I wrestled all through high school and freshmen year of college. Currently, I kickbox four nights a week and submission grapple three nights a week. I train them separately, not together yet. It's difficult to learn the grappling part if you're getting hit ya' know. Either way, great workout. Don't plan to really compete MMA, but is great discipline and workout. I do compete in NAGA (North American Grappling Association) and it's amazing.

As far as fighters I like a lot of the up and comers not in UFC yet. Check out AXS TV on Friday nights and you can see organizations like Legacy, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
UFC is turning into a joke, can't take Dana white seriously anymore, the guy is so full of b.s

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised that Dana didn't collapse and have a coronary when Silva had his leg snapped. Don't get me started on the Hendricks/GSP fight..... FIX

Yeah, UFC just gets on my nerves now.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

techboys

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Love mma alot.. did, judo, bjj, kickboxing, boxing wrestling.. compete locally a bit... Favorite fighter would be Gsp and Cain

CaffeineBomb

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Love MMA. Huge fan and have been since the first TUF. Watch 99% of the UFC events and try and make an effort to watch more of the smaller promotions like Bellator, One and Invicta. Don't train myself, but that's mainly down to accumulated injuries over the years.

Hell I enjoy MMA so much I've actually made and released an MMA game for iOS recently :). (Would post the name but I haven't checked the rules on self promotion for the forum yet).

What did everyone else thing of the Rousey vs Holm fight on Saturday? Thought it was an amazing performance by Holm, her movement and clinch work preventing the takedown by Rousey was superb and that KO was perfectly timed.

Some brilliant gifs and memes doing the rounds, but I haven't posted enough yet to link to any :(