NCAA Football 2013

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Whew! Way to get it done Noles!! Been a fan my entire life and have only been to the stadium once and that was this year in April on our way to Destin, FL for our 2nd anniversary. I told my partners tonight that we're in there for this game 2015 though
Destin & Sandestin are two of favorite spots.
Have a good one mumfoau & congrats on your anoles.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Duke Johnson's ankle is broke and he'll miss the rest of the season...bad news for the U. :(

Miami Hurricanes' Duke Johnson in cast after breaking ankle - ESPN

Wow what a big blow to the 'Canes

OUCH! That is a big blow and could be the reason for the big drop to #14 in the polls. As I stated last night, they should have been using Johnson & Crawford as a dual threat instead of trying to use Duke in the manner the Lions used to use Barry Sanders. Still, the U should still be able to finish out with one loss and still face FSU again in the ACC Title game, in my opinion.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
OUCH! That is a big blow and could be the reason for the big drop to #14 in the polls. As I stated sat night, they should have been using Johnson & Crawford as a dual threat instead of trying to use Duke in the manner the Lions used to use Barry Sanders. Still, the U should still be able to finish out with one loss and still face FSU again in the ACC Title game, in my opinion.

That's a tough loss for Miami. I expect they'll play again in the ACC title game. I wouldn't be surprised if that game is a lot tighter.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's a tough loss for Miami. I expect they'll play again in the ACC title game. I wouldn't be surprised if that game is a lot tighter.

To be honest, I think it might be worse...the only reason why is because it seemed after FSU found the weaknesses, they were able to really focus on those issues and capitalized on them (secondary break downs, left wing holes, etc). Nothing against the U, but I think FSU is THAT good.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I think it might be worse...the only reason why is because it seemed after FSU found the weaknesses, they were able to really focus on those issues and capitalized on them (secondary break downs, left wing holes, etc). Nothing against the U, but I think FSU is THAT good.

You could be right. Especially since they lost their running back for the season. I was thinking they might have a better game plan. No doubt FSU is an awesome team.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It'll swap back this coming weekend of Oregon takes care of Stanford...where it will get interesting is the conference championship games. FSU's championship game against Miami (most likely) will actually stand for more if Miami wins out the rest of the season vs. Oregon's game against Arizona St. (who is also ranked, but pretty low). Depending on how those championship games play out, the scores between the two teams in both sections could very well define who ends up in 2nd place! It'll be a very interesting end of the season for both teams, and they will really need to make sure that none of the rest of the games they play (regardless of the opponents rank or record) are won with definition, and not squeaked by.

Also, while people are sleeping on the 1st place spot...Alabama plays LSU this weekend and Auburn for rivalry weekend...THEN has to play a possibly quite formidable team in the SEC championship (Missouri, Carolina or UGA, depending on how it turns out). They are in no way a shoe in for first place by any means, especially given how weak their schedule has been this season compared to other teams (against ranked opponents).

Optimally, I would love an FSU vs. Oregon National Championship game. I think that would be an incredible shoot out to end this era of the BCS.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You are spot-on, sir...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It'll swap back this coming weekend of Oregon takes care of Stanford...where it will get interesting is the conference championship games. FSU's championship game against Miami (most likely) will actually stand for more if Miami wins out the rest of the season vs. Oregon's game against Arizona St. (who is also ranked, but pretty low). Depending on how those championship games play out, the scores between the two teams in both sections could very well define who ends up in 2nd place! It'll be a very interesting end of the season for both teams, and they will really need to make sure that none of the rest of the games they play (regardless of the opponents rank or record) are won with definition, and not squeaked by.

Also, while people are sleeping on the 1st place spot...Alabama plays LSU this weekend and Auburn for rivalry weekend...THEN has to play a possibly quite formidable team in the SEC championship (Missouri, Carolina or UGA, depending on how it turns out). They are in no way a shoe in for first place by any means, especially given how weak their schedule has been this season compared to other teams (against ranked opponents).

Optimally, I would love an FSU vs. Oregon National Championship game. I think that would be an incredible shoot out to end this era of the BCS.

It won't matter if it's Alabama or Oregon, this is FSU's year, in my opinion.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Some people who didn't watch the game tend to think is was an easy victory or that FSU scored at will against the U when that was not the case at all. The game was tougher than the score indicates. FSU, had the ball on offense for longer periods of time throughout the entire game and wore down Miami's defense as well as take advantage of a few exploits, especially in the second half. Miami, as good as they are, cannot afford to keep their defense on the field that long, and their offense need to do better at converting 3rd downs. They have the talent so it comes down to both play calling and not being able to fool the defense. In the games leading up to the FSU matchup, Stephen Morris was a factor in almost costing them to lose against NC and Wake Forest, however, that was NOT the case against FSU. They came across a team that matched their talent, but played with a superior mindset and focus. Period!

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll give you the first half...Miami certainly played a close football game. Second half though, FSU really was running the score up (and could have scored a couple more times but ran the clock down with runs and kicked the field goals. Miami was seriously a contender for half of that game, I was actually shockingly impressed...but the FSU defense shut Miami down in the second half, and with a couple of picks, Duke going down and whichever receiver (poss TE?) that kept bumbling the ball right in his hands...it was just getting out of hand.

I wonder if Al Golden has ever thought about paying players to play? ;) :D (LOW BLOW! MAUAHAHAHAA!)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll give you the first half...Miami certainly played a close football game. Second half though, FSU really was running the score up (and could have scored a couple more times but ran the clock down with runs and kicked the field goals. Miami was seriously a contender for half of that game, I was actually shockingly impressed...but the FSU defense shut Miami down in the second half, and with a couple of picks, Duke going down and whichever receiver (poss TE?) that kept bumbling the ball right in his hands...it was just getting out of hand.

I wonder if Al Golden has ever thought about paying players to play? ;) :D (LOW BLOW! MAUAHAHAHAA!)

(laughing)....Dude, that'a cold...but you know I'll get you back soon...COUNT ON IT!...:)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What game are you watching tonight?
Oklahoma vs Baylor or Oregon vs Stanford. Or even Redskins vs Vikings.
I'll be going back and forth between Oregon/Stanford and the NFL game.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You know what I said about going back and forth between the Oregon/Stanford game and the Vikings/Redskins game....forget it!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Baylor and OU for now. Baylor just scored again in less than a minute. If this game gets out of hand, switching to Stanford and OU.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox