NCAA Football 2013

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know, I think Miami deserved #6, based on their wins so far. But the beauty of being lower ranked is you move up A LOT more if you beat FSU, maybe to #2 even (if Oregon has a close game over the next 2 weeks or, less likely but possible, loses one). This is going to sound like a total sham coming from GT fan, but I'm actually pulling for The U right now! I've never cared for VT and I cannot stand the SEC. If you guys beat FSU, even if Ohio State also remains undefeated, I really think you guys leap them (because of strength of schedule).

Also, a bit of logic to those that think 'Bama would make easy work of Missouri...let's see how the Tigers fair against Texas A&M before we make pre-judgments.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm ticked! .... The NCAA waited until the U is ranked 7th in the BCS ranking, two weeks away from playing FSU for a possible shot at being part of the National Championship game to decide to finally issue its sanctions. #smh Un-friggin-believable.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you read the actual link "not-official-do-not-publish-this-yet-this-is-for-when-it-becomes-official-finally-its-official-tomorrow-is-the.html"? That's hilarious.

No...I was too upset to even pay attention to that particular information within the web address. Thanks for pointing it out, Karen. I've since removed the link.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm ticked! .... The NCAA waited until the U is ranked 7th in the BCS ranking, two weeks away from playing FSU for a possible shot at being part of the National Championship game to decide to finally issue its sanctions. #smh Un-friggin-believable.

You expected less from one of the most corrupt organizations in the entire civilized world?

The "U" got a raw deal, but truthfully, I never expected it to end any differently...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You expected less from one of the most corrupt organizations in the entire civilized world?

The "U" got a raw deal, but truthfully, I never expected it to end any differently...

I hear ya, but thankfully, the actual sanctions are far less than they would have gotten and what I had expected. I'm definitely fine with what they got in that regard, and I'm sure the University of Miami will graciously accept what was handed down today.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Sooooo, considering this is the U and they get tons of talent those aren't really sanctions at all. :D

And it took them ~2 years to come to this conclusion. Took them about 5 seconds to impose a bowl ban on my Buckeyes. Got to love the inconsistency of the NCAA :raised-eyebrow:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And it took them ~2 years to come to this conclusion. Took them about 5 seconds to impose a bowl ban on my Buckeyes. Got to love the inconsistency of the NCAA :raised-eyebrow:

Well it's fine to cheat but it's not fine to take money out of the NCAA's pocket as the Buckeyes' players did haha

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's some good stuff on the state of the NCAA... and I’m grateful to guys like Mike DeCourcy and Jay Bilas who are trying to make sense of the joke that the NCAA has become - and to try to hold them accountable for their shenanigans...

Bilas: Dana O'Neil on NCAA dysfunction and UM case: Miami penalty just shows again that NCAA has lost its way - ESPN When will NCAA stay in its lane, and make it about athletic competition?

Bilas: NCAA says, ad nauseam, it doesn't rely upon precedent. Then, it calls UM's sanctions "unprecedented." Wow. NCAA on Shapiro case: Miami losing football, hoops scholarships

Isenberg (retweeted by Decourcy): nails it... RT @tsnmike: Scholarship cuts the most foolish punishment NCAA robotically doles out Scholarship cuts the most foolish punishment NCAA robotically doles out - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Big blowout at Clemson. Big game at home vs the U. In between, NC State. I suuuuure hope my Noles don't get trapped in that trap game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Big blowout at Clemson. Big game at home vs the U. In between, NC State. I suuuuure hope my Noles don't get trapped in that trap game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have Wake Forest next and, like you, I do not want the U to overlook them...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro