Visit site
A picture is worth 1,000 words

quza3ehe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dear GOD...what team was in Clemson tonight? That looked like some kind of culinary school or something, because it sure wasn't the team that beat UGA, lol.

Looks like Miami will be sitting in the #5 spot monday! haha! Congrats U fans! *barf*

SO MANY UPSETS!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My Noles are looking 1990s good right now. That Miami game has the potential to be a big one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dear GOD...what team was in Clemson tonight? That looked like some kind of culinary school or something, because it sure wasn't the team that beat UGA, lol.

Looks like Miami will be sitting in the #5 spot monday! haha! Congrats U fans! *barf*

SO MANY UPSETS!
I expected FSU to win by a touchdown or something, and certainly not in beatdown fashion. Like we used to say back in the day, FSU put the whoop on 'em...lol. As for the U being in the top 5, I'm happy for them, but not sure it'll be deserving. I have no doubt they're a top 10 team, but a top 5? I don't think so, and this is a REAL Miami fan talking.

My Noles are looking 1990s good right now. That Miami game has the potential to be a big one.

No doubt about it. That squad has championship written all over it. I'd like to think the by week had a negative effect on Miami on Thursday, but I hope they don't overlook Wake Forest next week. I want them to be 7-0 when they play Florida State. I'm sure they'll be pumped up to play. They are not a team that panics, thankfully. It should be a good one. Let's hope so.

Let's hope the U actually shows up, because tonights game was a freakin' embarrassment.
AMEN to that. The vintage Miami teams love to play in the big games. Well, playing these Seminoles is THE big game and Miami had better be prepared for FSU to exploit their small safeties.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The FSU vs Miami game should be a great one. The Noles QB is on fire.
For a 19 year old kid to be that poised while playing for a big name school like FSU is amazing. I told my adult son the other day that he will win a Heisman Trophy before he leaves college. They are already comparing his numbers to Manziel's numbers from last year. The kid is indeed a special athlete. On the other side of the ball, Stephen Morris is also a composed QB, but I still believe he is injured. He's playing like he is, in my opinion, and his O-line had better show up to play or he will indeed get hurt more. FSU is laser-focused and the U had better match their intensity. They indeed have the talent to go toe to toe with FSU, but they will have to play flawless to get the W.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Clemson was very overrated. With their only decent win over a then-ranked and as well very overrated Georgia (yes I understand their whole teams is basically on IR). I do believe though that FSU is the real deal and probably won't have a problem with Miami either. Going to be fun going into these last few weeks of the season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think UGA was over-ranked at all when the season started (and I hate UGA, lol). They were 5 yards away from winning a national championship last season...how could they be over-ranked before the first game when they had a 100% healthy staff (at the time)?

Starting the season, there were really only 2 truly over-ranked teams in the top 25...USC (who should have NEVER been ranked since coming off sanctions), and Notre Dame (who showed that their formula for getting a good ranking simply involves being undefeated against 99% simply squads and then beating one moderate team...and it will land you in the national title game instead of other teams who would have put a better game up against 'Bama (including the buckeyes, sanctions be damned).

As far as Clemson goes, I agree with you...I think their win against UGA placed them too high. But to be honest, I don't think it could have gone any other way given it was the first game and people thought UGA was a national title contender again (and rightfully so given their returning class).

Personally, I think the best teams in the ACC right now are FSU and VT...Virginia Tech's ONLY loss is against Alabama, lol. No offense to Miami fans, you guys have a great squad this year, but that game against UNC (and even against my yellow jackets) kind of cast doubt in my mind if you're a front runner.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Clemson was very overrated.
I think so, but only a little. They are a very good team, however, they came up against a team that, in my opinion, will be rightfully playing for a national championship.
With their only decent win over a then-ranked and as well very overrated Georgia (yes I understand their whole teams is basically on IR).
It's easy to call Georgia overrated now, but they were not overrated at the start of the season. If they had remained healthy, they'd be sitting somewhere near the top of the heap, in my opinion.
I do believe though that FSU is the real deal and probably won't have a problem with Miami either.
I am a REAL Miami fan, but I'm not stupid...lol...Can the U beat FSU? Yes. Will they? I doubt it. Why? Miami's safeties are unsized. Stephen Morris is playing hurt and the injury will be exposed during the game. Their D-line will not be able to penetrate FSU's O-line to get to the freshman QB.
Going to be fun going into these last few weeks of the season.
Indeed, and that's why we watch...;)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
LSU vs Ole Miss --- Hmmm, probably Ole Miss/QUOTE]

I forgive you in advance JMD.
Although anything can happen when 2 SEC teams play each other.
Geaux Tigers

Good Luck to all today.

Well I take that back JMD.
Good insight on your part.
Your Canes are looking good.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think UGA was over-ranked at all when the season started (and I hate UGA, lol). They were 5 yards away from winning a national championship last season...how could they be over-ranked before the first game when they had a 100% healthy staff (at the time)?
'nuf said.

Starting the season, there were really only 2 truly over-ranked teams in the top 25...USC (who should have NEVER been ranked since coming off sanctions), and Notre Dame (who showed that their formula for getting a good ranking simply involves being undefeated against 99% simply squads and then beating one moderate team...and it will land you in the national title game instead of other teams who would have put a better game up against 'Bama (including the buckeyes, sanctions be damned).
You are spot-on...;)

As far as Clemson goes, I agree with you...I think their win against UGA placed them too high. But to be honest, I don't think it could have gone any other way given it was the first game and people thought UGA was a national title contender again (and rightfully so given their returning class).
I still think that Clemson is still a very good team, but they are not ready to play in the big game.

Personally, I think the best teams in the ACC right now are FSU and VT...Virginia Tech's ONLY loss is against Alabama, lol. No offense to Miami fans, you guys have a great squad this year, but that game against UNC (and even against my yellow jackets) kind of cast doubt in my mind if you're a front runner.
There is no question that FSU is the team to beat in the ACC or otherwise, but I'm not yet convinced that VT is better than the U. Beamer's squads have always be formidable, and this squad is indeed good. No doubt about it. As for the U, the game with FSU will either prove they deserve to be where they are or prove that they are not. As for FSU, they know that if they get past Miami, they're pretty much in the title game, but they also know that a loss to Miami could seal their fate.....AGAIN....lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I take that back JMD.
Good insight on your part.
Your Canes are looking good.
Good Luck

Insight?...lol...The first 3 predictions were a bust....:)....As for Ole Miss, they are on fire right now and are playing with unswayed confidence and it showed yesterday. My beloved 'Canes, in my opinion, were horrible. I think the by week affected them, but thankfully, they never lost their composure and came away with the W. Having said that, they had better show up with extreme prejudice against Wake Forest and get the kinks worked out before facing FSU the following week. They're gonna need EVERYONE to step up on that day.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR