NCAA Football 2013

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Peep those Buckeyes already. Everyone is Alabama this Alabama that. JM'D, I think you can attest to a "powerhouse" going into a National Title game against The Ohio State University and it not being the outcome that EVERYONE but Ohio State fans thought it would be. :crying:

Yes, I can, but more than that, I can attest that it took the assistance of extra players dressed in black & white striped shirts in order for The Ohio State University to win a games that had already been won by The "U"niversity of Miami....;)....just sayin'.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The way the Horns are playing, not sure if anyone can remain calm for much longer. NM State looks like they're about to score at the end of 2nd half. Wait, they just did. 7-0.

We're ok, just a bit slow out of the gate but firing on all cylinders now. 42-7

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm up late watching the Northwestern vs Cal game. Northwestern hanging onto the lead in the 3rd qtr. Good game.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I predict we're going to hear a lot of talk about this new targeting rule in college football this season. I've already seen today a Texas A&M player ejected because of it. Another player on Cal was almost ejected for it tonight. The penalty carries an automatic ejection. I'm all for protecting players. Especially, since we know what can happen in this game. I think we'll see plenty of questionable calls. What do you guys think?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I predict we're going to hear a lot of talk about this new targeting rule in college football this season. I've already seen today a Texas A&M player ejected because of it. Another player on Cal was almost ejected for it tonight. The penalty carries an automatic ejection. I'm all for protecting players. Especially, since we know what can happen in this game. I think we'll see plenty of questionable calls. What do you guys think?

We're definitely going to hear a lot about the targeting call. Out of the three games I've watched so far, I've heard targeting mentioned in two and the announcers are certain a missed call happened in the Syracuse/Penn State game yesterday. I like that the ejection is reviewable because I think the ejection is possibly a bit much, especially given the fact that the referees have been instructed to call anything that remotely looks like targeting which will certainly lead to bad calls.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
We're definitely going to hear a lot about the targeting call. Out of the three games I've watched so far, I've heard targeting mentioned in two and the announcers are certain a missed call happened in the Syracuse/Penn State game yesterday. I like that the ejection is reviewable because I think the ejection is possibly a bit much, especially given the fact that the referees have been instructed to call anything that remotely looks like targeting which will certainly lead to bad calls.

In the games I watched yesterday I saw two ejections for targeting. The first was in the Texas A&M game the other in the Northwestern/Cal game. Also, the player is not only ejected from the game but is not eligible for the first half of the next game.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
In the games I watched yesterday I saw two ejections for targeting. The first was in the Texas A&M game the other in the Northwestern/Cal game. Also, the player is not only ejected from the game but is not eligible for the first half of the next game.

Oh ok, I thought that first half was only if it happened in the second half

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok, I thought that first half was only if it happened in the second half

The way I understand it if a player is ejected for targeting he is ineligible for the first half of the next game, regardless of when the penalty happened.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
OK boys & and girls, another Saturday filled with college football.
I'm gonna start it of with Gators at Miami ( I mean the U).
JMD, I guess you'll be glued to the TV.

Good Luck

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The U will take down Florida. My Buckeyes will destroy the left coasters. Norte Dame will take care of that team up north.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox