NCAA Football 2013

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ohio State will be a much more formidable opponent than Notre Dame was last year...they are a significantly better team, and have a battle tested coach in Urban Meyer (who has that knack for creating power houses just like Saban has for many years). IF there is a championship game between an SEC opponent and the buckeyes, expect a more legitimate game. The Irish made it by #'s last year...not by talent. Ohio State can make the #'s, but they also have the talent. Can they beat an Alabama or a UGA like we saw last year? My guess is no...but they'll make it a better game for sure.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of how good Ohio State is each year I always dread bowl season knowing they'll most likely get an SEC team. But with Urban here now and knowing the league pretty well it eases the anxiety.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am sooooo ready for some Seminole and Gamecock football. I hate baseball so the wait is going to be unbearable this summer.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I think it has more to do with Johnny Football is NCAA football right now and nobody wanted to lose that cash cow. Same with Cam Newton a few years ago. "The U" was a booster who's going to prison anyway naming names and no one here was willing to talk. No big names at "The U" so no need to rush. Just my $0.02

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it has more to do with Johnny Football is NCAA football right now and nobody wanted to lose that cash cow.
I think you're absolutely right.
Same with Cam Newton a few years ago.
An argument can be made in support of this.
"The U" was a booster who's going to prison anyway naming names and no one here was willing to talk. No big names at "The U" so no need to rush. Just my $0.02
No need to rush? 2 years, 2 self-imposed post season bans, and a forfeited chance to play for the ACC title? Dude....:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it has more to do with Johnny Football is NCAA football right now and nobody wanted to lose that cash cow. Same with Cam Newton a few years ago. "The U" was a booster who's going to prison anyway naming names and no one here was willing to talk. No big names at "The U" so no need to rush. Just my $0.02

Today's a great example of why conferences won't break away, sabre-rattling notwithstanding. The conferences/schools keep all the money and the NCAA gets all the blame. The system is broken, but even in its broken state, there’s too much vested interest to actually fix anything...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods