NCAA Football 2013

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like that rule. If the booth can take the time to overturn the disqualification, which basically states that the refs got the call wrong, then they should be able to reverse the bad call also.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't like that rule. If the booth can take the time to overturn the disqualification, which basically states that the refs got the call wrong, then they should be able to reverse the bad call also.

I highly agree. Gave A&M a free 15 yards cause the Ref got it wrong. Don't see why they can't just say, incomplete pass, next down......

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the NCAA should review that rule!

I agree, and hopefully they will. I understand the rationale, but it was not thought through, in my opinion. Why be able to that the refs got it wrong but then allow the bad call to stand. I understand protecting the player, but if the player was not a target and and was simply outplayed , why reward him and the team after a bad call?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It was a totally bogus call.

The fact that they can take away the DQ but let the penalty has to change in the off-season. The problem is, where does it stop? If the booth can take away that penalty, what’s to stop them from potentially changing every call? Slippery slope, my friends, slippery slope.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was a totally bogus call.

The fact that they can take away the DQ but let the penalty has to change in the off-season. The problem is, where does it stop? If the booth can take away that penalty, what?s to stop them from potentially changing every call? Slippery slope, my friends, slippery slope.

I agree, but I don't mind them using the booth to review calls involving strikes to head/helpless defenders that results in a player being disqualified, but if they rule that the hit was legit then the penalty that ignited the review should be reversed. I mean, I'm not talking about questionable pass interference calls and the like. We're used to stuff like that. I mean, we're talking ejections here. If the call stands, the player is disqualified and ejected from game so why can't the penalty be reversed after a review has determined that the call was made in error? They're continuing to penalize the team although they've vindicated the team's player of any wrong doing. I'm just not understanding the rationale.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree, but I don't mind them using the booth to review calls involving strikes to head/helpless defenders that results in a player being disqualified, but if they rule that the hit was legit then the penalty that ignited the review should be reversed. I mean, I'm not talking about questionable pass interference calls and the like. We're used to stuff like that. I mean, we're talking ejections here. If the call stands, the player is disqualified and ejected from game so why can't the penalty be reversed after a review has determined that the call was made in error? They're continuing to penalize the team although they've vindicated the team's player of any wrong doing. I'm just not understanding the rationale.

You’re preaching to the choir, D.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You?re preaching to the choir, D.

I know, and I'm sorry. That call and rule has got me a little hot the under the collar...;)....but I'm keeping it in check...(laughing)....If I haven't unleashed on Twitter about it, I'm alright. Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods