Now I'm ticked! .... The NCAA waited until the U is ranked 7th in the BCS ranking, two weeks away from playing FSU for a possible shot at being part of the National Championship game to decide to finally issue its sanctions. #smh Un-friggin-believable.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-22-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Removed link
    10-22-2013 10:20 AM
    Now I'm ticked! .... The NCAA waited until the U is ranked 7th in the BCS ranking, two weeks away from playing FSU for a possible shot at being part of the National Championship game to decide to finally issue its sanctions. #smh Un-friggin-believable.
    Did you read the actual link "not-official-do-not-publish-this-yet-this-is-for-when-it-becomes-official-finally-its-official-tomorrow-is-the.html"? That's hilarious.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-22-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Removed Link
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:24 AM
    Did you read the actual link "not-official-do-not-publish-this-yet-this-is-for-when-it-becomes-official-finally-its-official-tomorrow-is-the.html"? That's hilarious.
    No...I was too upset to even pay attention to that particular information within the web address. Thanks for pointing it out, Karen. I've since removed the link.
    10-22-2013 10:29 AM
    Ok...I'm out of the loop. What are sanctions against the U for again?
    10-22-2013 11:20 AM
    The main thing is that there are NO bowl bans (whew!).......They'll lose 9 scholarships over the next 3 years. You can read the information via the ESPN article below:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9861775/miami-hurricanes-avoid-bowl-ban-lose-nine-scholarships-part-ncaa-sanctions
    10-22-2013 11:25 AM
    You expected less from one of the most corrupt organizations in the entire civilized world?

The "U" got a raw deal, but truthfully, I never expected it to end any differently...
    10-22-2013 11:34 AM
    You expected less from one of the most corrupt organizations in the entire civilized world?

The "U" got a raw deal, but truthfully, I never expected it to end any differently...
    I hear ya, but thankfully, the actual sanctions are far less than they would have gotten and what I had expected. I'm definitely fine with what they got in that regard, and I'm sure the University of Miami will graciously accept what was handed down today.
    10-22-2013 11:37 AM
    The main thing is that there are NO bowl bans (whew!).......They'll lose 9 scholarships over the next 3 years. You can read the information via the ESPN article below:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9861775/miami-hurricanes-avoid-bowl-ban-lose-nine-scholarships-part-ncaa-sanctions
    Sooooo, considering this is the U and they get tons of talent those aren't really sanctions at all.
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-22-2013 11:42 AM
    Sooooo, considering this is the U and they get tons of talent those aren't really sanctions at all.
    Exactly!.....lol
    10-22-2013 11:59 AM
    And it took them ~2 years to come to this conclusion. Took them about 5 seconds to impose a bowl ban on my Buckeyes. Got to love the inconsistency of the NCAA
    10-22-2013 12:47 PM
    And it took them ~2 years to come to this conclusion. Took them about 5 seconds to impose a bowl ban on my Buckeyes. Got to love the inconsistency of the NCAA
    Well it's fine to cheat but it's not fine to take money out of the NCAA's pocket as the Buckeyes' players did haha
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:11 PM
    Well it's fine to cheat but it's not fine to take money out of the NCAA's pocket as the Buckeyes' players did haha
    Exactly :-|

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app
    10-22-2013 03:18 PM
    Here's some good stuff on the state of the NCAA... and I’m grateful to guys like Mike DeCourcy and Jay Bilas who are trying to make sense of the joke that the NCAA has become - and to try to hold them accountable for their shenanigans...

Bilas: Dana O'Neil on NCAA dysfunction and UM case: Miami penalty just shows again that NCAA has lost its way - ESPN When will NCAA stay in its lane, and make it about athletic competition?

Bilas: NCAA says, ad nauseam, it doesn't rely upon precedent. Then, it calls UM's sanctions "unprecedented." Wow. NCAA on Shapiro case: Miami losing football, hoops scholarships

Isenberg (retweeted by Decourcy): nails it... RT @tsnmike: Scholarship cuts the most foolish punishment NCAA robotically doles out Scholarship cuts the most foolish punishment NCAA robotically doles out - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News
    10-22-2013 07:42 PM
    LA Lafayette and Ark State on ESPN2
    10-22-2013 08:04 PM
    LA Lafayette and Ark State on ESPN2
    ​Right now? Nevermind. I'm watching it now.
    10-22-2013 08:05 PM
    Big blowout at Clemson. Big game at home vs the U. In between, NC State. I suuuuure hope my Noles don't get trapped in that trap game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-2013 08:56 PM
    Big blowout at Clemson. Big game at home vs the U. In between, NC State. I suuuuure hope my Noles don't get trapped in that trap game.

We have Wake Forest next and, like you, I do not want the U to overlook them...
    10-22-2013 08:57 PM
    We have Wake Forest next and, like you, I do not want the U to overlook them...
    NCSU has done it us before unfortunately.

10-22-2013 08:58 PM
    LOL! I can't believe I'm this late on this...THIS is what the sanctions are for, MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Just_Me_D and TurboTiger like this.
    10-23-2013 10:47 PM
    LOL! I can't believe I'm this late on this...THIS is what the sanctions are for, MUAHAHAHAHAH!

(Laughing)...Now that's was a good one, Sean. I'm going to have to reach into the vault to top that...
    10-23-2013 10:58 PM
    Who's ready for some college football??
    Tennessee vs Alabama
    South Carolina vs Missouri
    Stanford vs Oregon State
    That's just some of what I'll be watching today. Have a great day. Enjoy your favorite games!
    10-26-2013 09:59 AM
    Who's ready for some college football??
    Tennessee vs Alabama
    South Carolina vs Missouri
    Stanford vs Oregon State
    That's just some of what I'll be watching today. Have a great day. Enjoy your favorite games!
    Dude. I'm always ready for some College Football. In fact, I will be tuning in in about 30 minutes to watch the Miami vs Wake Forest game on ESPNU. This is a trap game for Miami. They no longer have the NCAA investigation hanging over their heads and plays BCS #2 ranked Florida State next week. I'm hoping they can focus on today's task against Wake Forest. We'll know soon enough...
    pr1nce likes this.
    10-26-2013 11:33 AM
    I think the WF on the Wake Forest helmets could be larger!
    10-26-2013 03:14 PM
    Almost back home from a night at my father-in-laws house. Looks like my Noles won't be getting trapped this week!

10-26-2013 04:17 PM
    Almost back home from a night at my father-in-laws house. Looks like my Noles won't be getting trapped this week!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/27/a6a4a7u7.jpg
    Oh no, that game is already in the bag. 35 zip at the end of the first quarter is shameful. I'm sure Jimbo Fisher will be using his 3rd screen and beyond players for the remainder of the game, especially with Miami coming to town next week. FSU is playing like a championship team.
    10-26-2013 04:39 PM
639 ... 1011121314 ...