!...MLB 2013...!

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
People wondered how the Braves won division after division after division in the 90's and into the 00's. It's because we had an absolute power house formula in our farm teams...and we just grew amazing pitchers.

I always wondered why the Braves won the division so many times the last 2 decades, but won only 1 World Series championship. In that time they lost 4 World Series I think. By my calculation in the last 23 seasons they won their division 15 times! I'm not a Braves fan so I never paid too much attention to them, but this is something I've thought about.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I always wondered why the Braves won the division so many times the last 2 decades, but won only 1 World Series championship. In that time they lost 4 World Series I think. By my calculation in the last 23 seasons they won their division 15 times! I'm not a Braves fan so I never paid too much attention to them, but this is something I've thought about.

The Braves have always had unbalanced power on either the pitching side of the ball or the offensive side of the ball. For the longest time we had amazing pitchers, but we couldn't get our hitters to do anything (or defensively they'd play like bums, which was the problem in the first few world series we were in before we actually won). It wasn't until recently that the ownership decided to try and do both, and they spent a lot of money on offensive players...and so far, two of the highest payed ones have been total duds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro