!...MLB 2013...!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if I have a preference. I just know that it will be a hard series whoever we get. I remember going to be in game 6 of 2011 thinking "ah whatever, they got this far" and when I got up and found out they won I was like "HOW IN THE HELL".

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just read that this is the first World Series matchup since 1999 that pits the NL and AL team with the best regular season records against each other in the World Series...

It should be a great series. Boston will probably be favored. But the Cardinals are young and talented.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...I've wondered this all season, but I wonder what Pujols thinks about while he's at home, watching the Cards in the playoffs again and thinking "I could have been there...", seems awful funny to me that so many credited him with getting you guys that 2011 ring, and then he's gone and the Cardinals just kept right along with the same momentum.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
lol...I've wondered this all season, but I wonder what Pujols thinks about while he's at home, watching the Cards in the playoffs again and thinking "I could have been there...", seems awful funny to me that so many credited him with getting you guys that 2011 ring, and then he's gone and the Cardinals just kept right along with the same momentum.

I'll admit I was concerned when Pujols left and LaRussa retired. The Cardinals have not missed a beat. I'm impressed with the way the organization evaluates talent. It's amazing that 20 of the 25 players on their playoff roster are homegrown. They just keep crankin' them out.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yknow who I think did more to get us that ring in 2011? YADI. Yadi is the friggin backbone of that team. But as good as LoRussa was, Matheny...holy crap how good is Matheny!?

I look forward to a 2004 rematch and hopefully this time we kick some seriously boston beans.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yknow who I think did more to get us that ring in 2011? YADI. Yadi is the friggin backbone of that team. But as good as LoRussa was, Matheny...holy crap how good is Matheny!?

I look forward to a 2004 rematch and hopefully this time we kick some seriously boston beans.

Yadi!!! Matheny is a good players manager. He lets the guys go out and play the game. Yadi is like another coach on the field.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382287588.024468.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll admit I was concerned when Pujols left and LaRussa retired. The Cardinals have not missed a beat. I'm impressed with the way the organization evaluates talent. It's amazing that 20 of the 25 players on their playoff roster are homegrown. They just keep crankin' them out.

And this is the formula that all these "pay for championships" teams are completely blind to. People wondered how the Braves won division after division after division in the 90's and into the 00's. It's because we had an absolute power house formula in our farm teams...and we just grew amazing pitchers. You guys have that now, and it shows so clearly. The Yankees, Dodgers and yes, even the Red Sox can go out and buy whatever they want, but they realize quickly how important the homegrown factor really is. I love that you guys beat the Dodgers like you did...they've easily become one of my most hated teams.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Those Braves teams were awesome. The best pitching in baseball. Teams can go out spend a ton of money and maybe buy a pennant or championship. I would much rather see an organization that builds from the foundation up with a solid farm system. Then the players know what's expected and how to win.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
As a long time KC resident and Royals fan, it's frustrating to see St Louis have all the success, but they are a home state team and I always root for them when they aren't playing against the Royals. Go Cards!

- Matt

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner