NHL Hockey is back!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
What is everyone thinking after this first round of games for the 2013 season? I'm a Carolina fan, but they aren't looking too good out of the gate. Boston and the Pens both look great so far. Who do y'all pull for and what do you think of the first games?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What is everyone thinking after this first round of games for the 2013 season? I'm a Carolina fan, but they aren't looking too good out of the gate. Boston and the Pens both look great so far. Who do y'all pull for and what do you think of the first games?

Meh. Frankly, I could care less. The fight between the greedy players and the greedy owners locked the fans out. You remember the fans - the ones who pay the freight so these overpaid prima donnas can play a kid's game instead of getting a job.

That?s the way it always goes. I say shut the whole league down and let them get real jobs.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Meh. Frankly, I could care less. The fight between the greedy players and the greedy owners locked the fans out. You remember the fans - the ones who pay the freight so these overpaid prima donnas can play a kid's game instead of getting a job.

That?s the way it always goes. I say shut the whole league down and let them get real jobs.

I don't blame the players. They have been fighting to get back on the ice since the lockout started. It's the owners and the players union that cause the problems. The players made multiple offers, that would have likely been accepted by the owners, that the players union said were unacceptable to them and never made it out. I don't blame the players. I love the game and love the players.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My boys CRUSHED the Flyers. It was a great day for hockey. The Rangers are next--go Pens!

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk 2!

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing, with the lack of helmets, and how horrible the skates & pads were back in those days....that nobody died.

I'm a Sabres fan, and as usual they have flashes of greatness mixed in with total mediocrity & underachievement.

This season it's going to boil down to who's in the best physical shape. Sleep, cardio, endurance, recovery etc. rules the day now. Many games in a short timespan.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing, with the lack of helmets, and how horrible the skates & pads were back in those days....that nobody died.

I'm a Sabres fan, and as usual they have flashes of greatness mixed in with total mediocrity & underachievement.

This season it's going to boil down to who's in the best physical shape. Sleep, cardio, endurance, recovery etc. rules the day now. Many games in a short timespan.

I think a big part of this season is goalie play. Many of them didn't work during the lockout and its very obvious. That's been a huge factor in these first 5-6 games. They are all starting to get back to par now and over the next few games. But it was very evident in the first few games.

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thomas Vanek destroyed the Bruins last night. 3 goals, 2 assists. Two 5 point games already. GO SABRES!! Clawing back into it, 3-3-1 and climbing (hopefully).

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh man I am so proud of my Pens right now. No Crosby, Letang, maybe even Neal but we came back and rocked it. In Fleury and Jussi we trust.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup & Chris Bosh scored exactly the same number of goals tonight as his point total in game 7 of the NBA Finals. #nba #nhl

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Very good friend of mine is a die hard Hawks fan. Since both of my teams were on the golf course, I was a Hawks fan for him. Impressive game last night.

I do feel bad for Boston though.

My boss lady's boss dude is a Flyers fan. He'll be in the office tomorrow and we always talk hockey. Flyers have bought out Briere and Bryzgalov. Ouch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73