NASCAR thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my friends give me crap about it too but there is a method/process to it. it's not just about ALL lefthand turns driving around in circles lol

Hendrick Motor Sports FTW!

if you never have been to a race i highly suggest going to one. it's an experience for sure!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
KBJ BABY!

I love cheering for the guy everyone hates...and go to at least a couple of races a year! :D

Is it a sport? Of course! It's a motorsport, and while it may not be as technical as F1 or Lemans (both of which i love as well), it is like the Football of motorsports. It's a brutal racing style, the cars are thrashed and beaten and banged up and pushed to their limits for the ENTIRE race...this is kind of the way i look at it...

F1 - Finesse racing...it's the martial arts of racing. The cars are like samurai swords and most times, one mistake costs you a race.

Lemans/Rolex/Touring/GT - Epitome of Motorsports...combines the finesse of F1 with the brutality of NASCAR. Truly the in between.

NASCAR - like i said before, the Football of motorsports. HEAVILY crowd driven, the cars get the hell beat out of them while they essentially run at red line until their motors blow or they win.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
KBJ BABY!

I love cheering for the guy everyone hates...and go to at least a couple of races a year! :D

Is it a sport? Of course! It's a motorsport, and while it may not be as technical as F1 or Lemans (both of which i love as well), it is like the Football of motorsports. It's a brutal racing style, the cars are thrashed and beaten and banged up and pushed to their limits for the ENTIRE race...this is kind of the way i look at it...

F1 - Finesse racing...it's the martial arts of racing. The cars are like samurai swords and most times, one mistake costs you a race.

Lemans/Rolex/Touring/GT - Epitome of Motorsports...combines the finesse of F1 with the brutality of NASCAR. Truly the in between.

NASCAR - like i said before, the Football of motorsports. HEAVILY crowd driven, the cars get the hell beat out of them while they essentially run at red line until their motors blow or they win.

Bowing.gif

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Love watching the races...although short tracks, not so much. Blink knows what a fan I am of 2 particular drivers! And for the most part I like watching them all, but I do heavily favor one!

Yes it is a sport...physical, mental fatigue as in other sports not to mention fan base. Oh and fights at the track *cough cough* go hide Mr Gordon!

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Have never been to Nascar before, but friends of ours are related to the Schumacher family of NHRA Top Fuel fame, and we were ablr to get full access passes a couple years ago.
Got to hang out with Tony and the crew, was quite a fun day.

Sent from my iPad

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been down in the pits...when Tony used to drive for JGR and won at Watkins Glen; best place ever to watch a race!! 😉

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From my limited experience nascar is about seeing the crashes and that's about it. I never really got it? :confused:

The crashes are certainly part of the excitement, and to be expected watching over 30 cars packed together sometimes by only inches going around a track at 200mph. The racing style is heavily technical though, with slight changes to body panels, tire pressures and air inlets creating either a perfect combination of speed and success or a tragic setup for failure. When you see what these cars have invested in them not only performance wise but also aerodynamically, it's truly a work of science, which to me is why i get so excited when i watch the races.

And as you said, watching these things race around and then end up in "the big one" and get absolutely destroyed only to be repaired and brought back the next race is, to me, a marvel only found in motor sports. Me and my brother watched an LMP1 car at Road Atlanta get torn to tiny pieces in practice before the Petit Lemans, and within 24 hours, they had the car completely rebuilt and ready to run...it's just astounding to me, and it keeps me locked in year after year.

NASCAR has a certain character of it's own, and if you ever get a chance to go to a race, i suggest you give it a shot...get down in the pits, experience the hectic atmosphere and the insane speed you will see. My wife hated car racing, and we took her to Atlanta Motor Speedway one year and she had an absolute blast...is she a huge NASCAR fan now? Not really, but she said she would go to a race anytime because of how much fun it was.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
btw...if any of you guys want to see something really interesting this weekend, check out the 24 hours of Rolex race at Daytona Motor Speedway...you can see what happens when a track famed by NASCAR is transformed into a road race course. Me and my brother have gone several times to this race and it's really cool to see how different kinds of cars perform and react on this very historic race track...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Give her a little credit, she has seen the pole position in Indy a few times, and even won a race there...i still think she's going to cause a chaotic wreck Sunday, but she is pretty talented.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
She is very talented...have to be to be in the Cup races! Hopefully she has a good finish this time, albeit behind my boys! 😉

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lets not ignore the fact that one of my boys (J. Gordon) is sitting in the 2nd pole position. he needs to get her loose and pass underneath by turn 3 lap 1!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711