College Football 2013 Preseason Predictions

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So who do y'all have in your top 5 for 2013? Now that all the coaching and NFL draft declarations are all in, lets see what everyone thinks.

I've got Alabama back at the top next year. Oregon, Georgia, Stanford, and Ohio State are the rest of my 5, in no particular order.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly...i think the top of the food chain is going to be Ohio State, followed closely by a slightly less lethal Alabama and UGA. I'd say a safe top 5 for me would be...

1) Ohio State
2) Alabama
3) UGA
4) Florida
5) LSU

...I'd include Oregon, but they just lost their coach, and i don't think that is going to fare well for them. And while i have a real distaste for the SEC, right now, they look like the conference that is going to run the top 10 in this last year of the current BCS setup.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Great top 5 I agree Oregon would be there but, yea they lost their coach. But instead of Florida I'd put ND other that I would pick all same teams.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After ND's performance in the national championship game, i doubt they'll get ranked that high ever again, even with an undefeated record. Top 10? Maybe...they'd certainly fall in my top 20 if they had no losses, but I'd give 1 loss teams from the ACC, Big 10, Big 12 and SEC higher ranks than an undefeated Notre Dame.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly...i think the top of the food chain is going to be Ohio State, followed closely by a slightly less lethal Alabama and UGA. I'd say a safe top 5 for me would be...

1) Ohio State
2) Alabama
3) UGA
4) Florida
5) LSU

...I'd include Oregon, but they just lost their coach, and i don't think that is going to fare well for them. And while i have a real distaste for the SEC, right now, they look like the conference that is going to run the top 10 in this last year of the current BCS setup.

I would alter the ranking slightly in this manner:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Florida

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would alter the ranking slightly in this manner:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Florida

The reason for my swap at the top was this (and i actually had mine like yours for a while)...I think Alabama is going to lose a regular season game again, and i think Ohio State is going to go undefeated. Because of this, i think the ranking will reflect Ohio State being the top of the food chain, but i definitely think it's going to be against Alabama for the national championship again...they simply didn't change the stellar team they had last season much at all, and they have like 4 RB's to replace Lacey with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The reason for my swap at the top was this (and i actually had mine like yours for a while)...I think Alabama is going to lose a regular season game again, and i think Ohio State is going to go undefeated. Because of this, i think the ranking will reflect Ohio State being the top of the food chain, but i definitely think it's going to be against Alabama for the national championship again...they simply didn't change the stellar team they had last season much at all, and they have like 4 RB's to replace Lacey with.

I understand your rationale, but your rationale inadvertently backs my ranking of Alabama ahead of OSU in regard to the preseason ranking. As you've stated, Alabama lost little to nothing. Being the reigning champions and returning with basically last season's team, why would they not start the season ranked number 1? Besides, a second ranked OSU would certainly leap to number one if Alabama indeed loses a regular season game. I'm not discounting OSU as a top ranked team because I think they are, but I am discounting that Alabama doesn't deserve to be preseason number one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711