NBA thread

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They definitely have. I think it hurts the sport a little. Think about all the kids who grew up loving a player because of who he was to their team, to their city. It's too bad that things appear to be changing away from that. Kobe may have been the last player we had who was devoted to his team. I guess Lebron came back so there is something to be said about that.

Kids and one's status in life constantly changes, and I'm not one to hold a celebrity hostage by saying that they must make decisions based on the feelings of their fans. Playing sports is their occupation, and with any occupation, they have the right to choose to be employed elsewhere, especially when it's beneficial to them and their families. Nowadays, it's not uncommon for a 20 year old to have had 10 different jobs already.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Kids and one's status in life constantly changes, and I'm not one to hold a celebrity hostage by saying that they must make decisions based on the feelings of their fans. Playing sports is their occupation, and with any occupation, they have the right to choose to be employed elsewhere, especially when it's beneficial to them and their families. Nowadays, it's not uncommon for a 20 year old to have had 10 different jobs already.

Eh, I see it differently. My job is a little different than going out every night playing for my city. I see what you're saying though. I always admired Kobe because I felt he bled yellow and purple. I think it's dope to see a player give their all to a city and watch that love in return. His last game, to me, was more special because of that. Although I'm not from LA. I thought that was really cool. I'm not saying an athlete has a requirement to play anywhere and I agree they are free to do as they please. But I will always respect a player more when they represent something more than themselves. When they put on that uniform, they are playing for millions. My job...not so much lol.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Man... Ben Simmons broke his foot already. Philly is cursed. Lol

5th metatarsal bone fracture confirmed. Typical prognosis is surgery with 8 weeks for full recovery. Was looking forward to seeing how this Sixers team was going to play with these guys. Need a healthy squad running to see the real Joel play with Okafor and Ben. Then will know if Nerlens can be moved and we can see what we can get for him or if Okafor is the one we need to unload. Financially would be impossible to continue to keep everyone, not enough mins to keep everyone happy, NEED A SHOOTER!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
5th metatarsal bone fracture confirmed. Typical prognosis is surgery with 8 weeks for full recovery. Was looking forward to seeing how this Sixers team was going to play with these guys. Need a healthy squad running to see the real Joel play with Okafor and Ben. Then will know if Nerlens can be moved and we can see what we can get for him or if Okafor is the one we need to unload. Financially would be impossible to continue to keep everyone, not enough mins to keep everyone happy, NEED A SHOOTER!

I'm sure they'll be bad enough to draft a shooter. Might as well stay with the youth movement. Says the Bulls fan...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Westbrook without KD is a beast off the leash. He's the kinda cat who could set an unbreakable record for triple doubles

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
While Russ' numbers look good at first, the efficiency and usage kind of worry me. He's averaging 13 made field goals on 28.7 attempts. That's a lot of shots. While it's not terrible efficiency, it's not great, and I worry about him tiring over the course of the season. It is only the first week though, and I imagine that his shot attempts and his overall numbers will come down.

I predict he'll be in the 28/8/11 range on the year.

James Harden's numbers also poke out at me. He's averaging 11.8 assists per game! Still scoring efficiently as well.

I imagine this year's MVP race is between Russ, Harden, LeBron, and Damian Lillard.

I can see Dame averaging 30/8/and 8 this year.He is a man on a mission.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Will we see the same two teams as last year in the NBA Finals again this year is the question....Yes, I think so.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Will we see the same two teams as last year in the NBA Finals again this year is the question....Yes, I think so.

I'm going to predict San Antonio beating the Warriors in the Western Conference finals. :cool:

Lebron will be in the NBA finals for at least the next 3 seasons as long as he's in the east and no major changes take place in the east lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe my Bulls can get back to that level at some point.

Who I'd like to see succeed is PHI. I mean, you can't get a top 5 pick EVERY offseason and never turn the ship around. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh