any NCAAB fans around here??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
IT’S SHOW TIME!

If today isn't one of your five favorite days of the year, you must have the sweetest life ever.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There were a few upsets in the first day of tournament action... Harvard over New Mexico... Oregon over Oklahoma St... Cal over UNLV... along with the usual 8-9 flip flops... The Pac-12 had two 12-seeds beat 5-seeds (Oregon and Cal)...

But I did ok in my pools... I’m in 3, and tied for first in one, 2nd place in another and tied for 3rd in the final one... Hope that continues today...

Let’s go Hoosiers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did call the Oregon upset, and I'm kicking myself because I ALMOST picked Harvard. I actually had them, and went back and changed it.

Oh well...

I had two blunders: I picked New Mexico over Harvard and Pitt over Wichita St.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had two blunders: I picked New Mexico over Harvard and Pitt over Wichita St.

The sad/scary part is that Davidson had Marquette beat but threw the ball away instead of calling time out to settle themselves down... And the Akron thing was a disaster - kids sick and suspended... oh, what could have been. I guess it’s what makes the tournament so much fun to watch...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The sad/scary part is that Davidson had Marquette beat but through the ball away instead of calling time out to settle themselves down... And the Akron thing was a disaster - kids sick and suspended... oh, what could have been. I guess it’s what makes the tournament so much fun to watch...

No doubt about it, my friend. Also, I would never place a bet in regard to the NCAA tournament. The risk of upsets is too great...;D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang, NC State lost and Kansas St is losing by 18 at the half. What the heck!? At least The U took care of business by walloping Pacific 78 - 49.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dang, NC State lost and Kansas St is losing by 18 at the half. What the heck!? At least The U took care of business by walloping Pacific 78 - 49.

I called the Temple over NC State in my bracket...

K State's biggest liability is Bruce Weber... the rest of the B1G loved having him at Illinois... :)

And the mouths telling ius how great the Mountain West Conference was are sure quiet now - the conference is 0-4 in the tournament.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I called the Temple over NC State in my bracket...

K State's biggest liability is Bruce Weber... the rest of the B1G loved having him at Illinois... :)

And the mouths telling ius how great the Mountain West Conference was are sure quiet now - the conference is 0-4 in the tournament.

I initially took Temple over NC State and then figured NC State had momentum to take the victory, but I was wrong. As for K-State, I didn't see that one coming and you're spot-on in regard to the Mountain West Conference --- 0-4 in the tourney.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I initially took Temple over NC State and then figured NC State had momentum to take the victory, but I was wrong. As for K-State, I didn't see that one coming and you're spot-on in regard to the Mountain West Conference --- 0-4 in the tourney.

It shows what an overblown bag of hot air Charles Barkley is... saying that the Mountain West was the toughest conference in America - tougher than the BigTen... blah, blah, blah...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Georgetown is going down to FGCU... been down most of the game... now down 14 with 4:27 to go... #upsetsReign

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner