any NCAAB fans around here??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you have a link to those supposed comments, by all means post it.

Stir the pot? Seriously? In a college BBall thread? Please don't even go there. If you can't take someone calling out your coach, I wouldn't call out others..oh wait, you already did in this thread.

For what it's worth, as much as I despise Indiana, I've actually been impressed with Crean. What really blew me away was last year, after his team had been thrashed by the eventual National Champs (cough) he got on national tv with grace and diginity and talked about how he told his guys in the locker room that character was more important than winning games. That in 10 years, no one would really remember who had just won, but that what was important was what would they be doing with their lives in 10 years.

But it's a college basketball thread. If you can't handle someone razzing your team/coach......

I can take it. Probably not as much experience as a Cubs fan, but I can take the razzing. Multiple reports on twitter that Meyer told Crean to "go **** yourself" in the handshake line... As I said (and Crean did too) he should have just kept his mouth shut. Spin it anyway you want, Meyer was on the staff that exercised ZERO respect for the rules and ways of college basketball. He may not have been as involved as others (Sampson, Senderoff and McCallum), but he was there and at the absolute minimum, looked the other way.

However, the chair throwing was done by a former coach who (still) needs to grow up. Not Crean.

And I stand by my comments on Kentucky. And Calipari.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Spin it anyway you want, Meyer was on the staff that exercised ZERO respect for the rules and ways of college basketball. He may not have been as involved as others (Sampson, Senderoff and McCallum), but he was there and at the absolute minimum, looked the other way.

No spin involved; up until I saw this story, hadn't ever heard of Meyer. What I found comical was the family similarity in Crean's reaction.

However, the chair throwing was done by a former coach who (still) needs to grow up. Not Crean.

But will always be associated with that red sweater.

And I stand by my comments on Kentucky. And Calipari.

And I stand by mine about Crean as well. But somehow, I'm "attempting to stir the pot" and you aren't? ;)

Yes, Crean should have been the bigger man and walked away. And I'm sure he wishes he had. But we all do that at times.

"One large popcorn and a Dr. Pepper, please"

March Madness baby! Should be an awesome tournament this year! All the ups and downs by the front-runners will make picking brackets hard this year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I'm loving this. This is obviously where the 'big boys' posts...(laughing)....Anyway, as long as it remains civil, it's all good.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
Oh, I'm loving this. This is obviously where the 'big boys' posts...(laughing)....Anyway, as long as it remains civil, it's all good.

Glad I could give you a good laugh. I had a feeling when I posted that original post, that I'd rankle some hoosier fans. But isn't that what March Madness is all about? :D

All in good fun. I've got my favorite teams, but as far as alma mater, no dogs in the NCAA fight. I can take it and dish it out >:) (iMore needs some better smilies)

Just think, D, we could be arguing android/ios/blackberry...but where would be the fun in that? :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
March Madness baby! Should be an awesome tournament this year! All the ups and downs by the front-runners will make picking brackets hard this year.

Glad I could give you a good laugh. I had a feeling when I posted that original post, that I'd rankle some hoosier fans. But isn't that what March Madness is all about? :D

All in good fun. I've got my favorite teams, but as far as alma mater, no dogs in the NCAA fight. I can take it and dish it out >:) (iMore needs some better smilies)

Just think, D, we could be arguing android/ios/blackberry...but where would be the fun in that? :D

Fair enough. We’ve all had our say... moving on and waiting for the tourney to start.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is and I know that Don can take it.

No doubt. As for my favorite team, well, my avatar says it all and for decades, The U has been the team to hate. I remember in my previous profession in Orlando, The FSU Seminoles football team were in town for a bowl game and where I worked, I was the ONLY Miami fan and was surrounded by FSU fans. Anyway, Bobby Bowden came to visit (primarily because Renegade, FSU's horse, was on the property). I was told that while everyone could wear FSU attire, I could not wear anything associated with The U. Well, that didn't sit well with me, but I complied by wearing my work attire. We all gathered around Bowden chatting. I was being somewhat quiet. He looked at me and asked if I was a Seminoles fan. My co-workers, including my supervisor, all gave me the "please don't say anything out of line" look...(laughing)...Well, I told Bowden that as long as FSU isn't playing my beloved Miami Hurricanes, I am a fan. The look on my co-workers' faces was priceless. Bowden just laughed and told me he appreciated my honesty and then we briefly talked about both teams and had a great laugh.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now if only international diplomacy were so easy!

Edit: Of course we could also agree to hate Duke! :D

I am a longtime Duke basketball fan, but because The U is among the elite teams this year, I HATE DUKE WITH A PASSION!...at least until next season.....:D

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
I am a longtime Duke basketball fan, but because The U is among the elite team this year, I HATE DUKE WITH A PASSION!...at least until next season.....:D

For me, since I didn't go to any major universities, I'm more sentimental than anything (if not a complete bandwagon jumper!) If Illinois (home state) is doing good, big fan. If not, meh. Otherwise, Kentucky is one of my perennial favorites because they were my first NCAA team I got to see live (at Rupp Arena, even). I feel the same way about the Cubs - first big league game was at Wrigley when I was about 8. Of course, when they are going head to head with the White Sox, I'm a Sox fan (can I explain it? No I can't, other than my dad raised me to be a White Sox fan) But I don't hate the Cubs either. In fact, as you can tell by my av, I'm pulling for them this year. I so badly want to see them win a World Series.

But I digress...

I can understand why a lot of people hate Kentucky...it's pretty much the same reason I hate the Yankees! :D I'm gonna have to see who fills out the field of 64 (or 68, however many) and pick a favorite this year, as my usuals probably wont make it. Problem with that is, I usually break whichever bandwagon I jump on!

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's funny out here in Washington. The news ran a story on Gonzaga being ranked #1 around the state and the majority of people had no idea they were even ranked.

On another note with the whole Indiana issue. This kind of stuff happens all the time in sports and did when I was playing as well. The only reason it makes news now is the social media aspect of it and easy access to the internet. It's really a non-story in my eyes. The notion that everyone must get along in sports is pure crap. That heated/hated rivalry is what makes so many sports exciting.

I mean come on. I'm wearing a bullseye on my back here as well, huh D. :cool:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's funny out here in Washington. The news ran a story on Gonzaga being ranked #1 around the state and the majority of people had no idea they were even ranked.

On another note with the whole Indiana issue. This kind of stuff happens all the time in sports and did when I was playing as well. The only reason it makes news now is the social media aspect of it and easy access to the internet. It's really a non-story in my eyes. The notion that everyone must get along in sports is pure crap. That heated/hated rivalry is what makes so many sports exciting.

Exactly. In fact, there?s a whole discussion now about the absurdity of the handshake lines in college basketball, anyway. Lots of stuff can happen, most of it bad. I say just do away with it completely.

Probably. :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Unbelievable....lol

....(snipped)... The notion that everyone must get along in sports is pure crap. That heated/hated rivalry is what makes so many sports exciting.
I know, right? I hate that crap and I also hate the wussification that is taking place in sports, as well. WTH?

Yes sir, you do. I haven't been sleeping right since we were robbed the night of January 3, 2003.....I VEHEMENTLY DESPISE THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen