any NCAAB fans around here??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They are playing like a sanctioned team should! ;)

To be honest, their poor play began the day the NCAA released its findings, but I refuse to see how that could and should affect their play. They are in the here and the now and penalties are forthcoming. They have been thrust into a group of elite teams and like Duke, Kansas, Indiana and others, there's a big target on their backs. Verbally, they are saying they welcome the status & challenge, but I wonder if it has worn on them mentally and physically.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, their poor play began the day the NCAA released its findings, but I refuse to see how that could and should affect their play. They are in the here and the now and penalties are forthcoming. They have been thrust into a group of elite teams and like Duke, Kansas, Indiana and others, there's a big target on their backs. Verbally, they are saying they welcome the status & challenge, but I wonder if it has worn on them mentally and physically.

You left GT off that elite team list (at least when it comes to losses...right? RIGHT?) muahahahahahahahaha! :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, The U returned to form against Clemson. Hopefully, they'll they'll continue their winning ways deep into the upcoming tournament.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
KU in 10 minutes on ESPN! a win gives us the BIG12 title outright and a loss we share!

I've got to go and run an errand, but I will be sure to tune in to the game when I return. Good luck tonight...:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
unreal. we literally got our asses handed to us. very disturbing to see right before the BIG12 Tourney/NCAA Tourney. congrats to Baylor, they wanted/needed it more than KU

in all honesty i feel like we are still trying to identify ourselves and this is the wrong time of the year to happen. oh well, it was a good thought i guess. i have no hope for going deep into the tourney. at least we have some really good recruits coming in for next season

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
unreal. we literally got our asses handed to us. very disturbing to see right before the BIG12 Tourney/NCAA Tourney. congrats to Baylor, they wanted/needed it more than KU

in all honesty i feel like we are still trying to identify ourselves and this is the wrong time of the year to happen. oh well, it was a good thought i guess. i have no hope for going deep into the tourney. at least we have some really good recruits coming in for next season

I don't know, Blink. KU played as if they just wanted the game to end so that they can get prepared for the upcoming tournament. I'm not taking anything away from Baylor because they came in with the intent on playing the role of spoiler and they accomplished their mission.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That’s sort of how Indiana's season is wrapping up. Like Kansas, Indiana can win the Big Ten outright with a win tomorrow at Michigan. Lose and they share the title - possibly 4 ways. Their last several games have left me wondering what they heck is going on. The talking heads still tout them as a NCAA #1 seed, but IMO, they have to do a lot to make that happen. Here's hoping that they play up to their potential...

This NCAA season has certainly been quite interesting, so far.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Baby... The Indiana Hoosiers are your outright 2013 Big Ten Conference regular season champs... and IMO, they locked up a #1 NCAA tourney seed today...

Attachments

• IMG_1140.PNG
    IMG_1140.PNG
    83.5 KB · Views: 15

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Crean should be celebrating what his team did, and not acting like his brother-in-law.

Oh well, what do you expect from a hoosier? Maybe he should have thrown a chair for good measure! :)

Tom Crean of Indiana Hoosiers apologizes to Michigan Wolverines' Jeff Meyer for heated exchange - ESPN

He simply responded to the low-class comments made by a former IU assistant coach (worked under Sampson, who destroyed the Indiana basketball program) who is now an assistant for Michigan ... and Crean later said that he should have kept his mouth shut.

But thanks for trying to stir the pot.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
He simply responded to the low-class comments made by a former IU assistant coach (worked under Sampson, who destroyed the Indiana basketball program) who is now an assistant for Michigan ... and Crean later said that he should have kept his mouth shut.

But thanks for trying to stir the pot.

If you have a link to those supposed comments, by all means post it.

Stir the pot? Seriously? In a college BBall thread? Please don't even go there. If you can't take someone calling out your coach, I wouldn't call out others..oh wait, you already did in this thread.

Everybody's beating Kentucky in basketball these days... #loveIt

(For the record, Kentucky is the most despised going all the way back to the racist Adolph Rupp and continuing through the hapless Joe B Hall, the cheating Eddie Sutton, the clueless Billy Gilliispie and up to the present-day slime-ball, Slick Calipari.)

For what it's worth, as much as I despise Indiana, I've actually been impressed with Crean. What really blew me away was last year, after his team had been thrashed by the eventual National Champs (cough) he got on national tv with grace and diginity and talked about how he told his guys in the locker room that character was more important than winning games. That in 10 years, no one would really remember who had just won, but that what was important was what would they be doing with their lives in 10 years.

But it's a college basketball thread. If you can't handle someone razzing your team/coach......

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73