any NCAAB fans around here??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
that was an intense ending! only one field goal in 2 OT's??

AND still Won?! ZIIIIING!!

Yeah, it was a strange ending... but glad to see Kansas pull it out. Now a game up on Oklahoma State... and effectively up a game on K-State too, having swept them, they would own the tie-breaker...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it was a strange ending... but glad to see Kansas pull it out. Now a game up on Oklahoma State... and effectively up a game on K-State too, having swept them, they would own the tie-breaker...

exactly. the BIG 12 title is really tight this year and makes it fun? lol not really

next we have TCU at home this Saturday - another revenge game. i fully anticipate a slaughtering by us, nothing less

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I apparently missed a heck of an ending. I switched over to watch the Lakers vs Celtics game and that was more exciting at the time. Anyway, congrats on your hard fought victory, Blink....:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Miami is playing Wake Forest and I hope they don't fall prey to them. With their undefeated ACC status and their number 2 ranking comes a huge target on their backs and every opponent, especially the underdogs will play with nothing to lose and that can be dangerous for The U if they fail to "bring-it" mentally.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think The U should be able to handle Wake even if they have an off day. The Deacs have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot throughout games. My Heels play NC State and I hope they come out and set the tone in the early moments of the game.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think The U should be able to handle Wake even if they have an off day. The Deacs have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot throughout games. My Heels play NC State and I hope they come out and set the tone in the early moments of the game.

Yeah, but it's bow half-time and the Demon Deacons lead by a score of 42 to 29. I know it's only a 13-pt deficit but depending on how the second half begins, that deficit can end up being costly for the The U. Ugh! ...:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but it's bow half-time and the Demon Deacons lead by a score of 42 to 29. I know it's only a 13-pt deficit but depending on how the second half begins, that deficit can end up being costly for the The U. Ugh! ...:)

I hope they continue to trim the deficit. If any team can, they are that team this year.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
wow, Wake Forest?? okie dokie

Wow, indeed. Just saw the score... what a shocker.

I am hiding my head in shame..lol...Anyway, I was afraid this would happen and I had the feeling it would be today against Wake Forest. UGH! Hopefully, with only a few games remaining before the tournaments begin, this particular loss will take the pressure off so they can start anew with a deep run in the upcoming tournament.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am hiding my head in shame..lol...Anyway, I was afraid this would happen and I had the feeling it would be today against Wake Forest. UGH! Hopefully, with only a few games remaining before the tournaments begin, this particular loss will take the pressure off so they can start anew with a deep run in the upcoming tournament.

No need to hide your head in shame... didn’t see you suited up. :)

This has happened to everyone this year. Indiana lost to Illinois after being up 8 with 3 mins to play. Duke, Kansas, Florida, Michigan... hasn’t been an undefeated men's NCAAB team since 1976. May never be another one... Miami still time to bounce back... Better to lose here than in a tournament... and they’re still in full control of the ACC race...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No need to hide your head in shame... didn’t see you suited up. :)

This has happened to everyone this year. Indiana lost to Illinois after being up 8 with 3 mins to play. Duke, Kansas, Florida, Michigan... hasn’t been an undefeated men's NCAAB team since 1976. May never be another one... Miami still time to bounce back... Better to lose here than in a tournament... and they’re still in full control of the ACC race...
True, and hopefully, the coaches & sports writers do not punish them by dropping them out of the top 10 because they are still a top 5 team.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
True, and hopefully, the coaches & sports writers do not punish them by dropping them out of the top 10 because they are still a top 5 team.

Their biggest obstacle to not falling too far is the fact that they don’t play again before the polls come out. That said, they are, indeed, a quality team with an impressive resume. I don’t see them falling farther than 6th, if they fall that far. I agree they’re still a top 5 team... if they can hold serve the rest of the way and beat Duke at Cameron, they will be a #1 seed, IMHO.

A quick look at the AP poll from last week, only Indiana (#1), Gonzaga (#3), Kansas (#9) and Louisville (#10) went through the past 2 weeks as undefeated in the top 10. I expect the top 5 to be (1) Indiana, (2) Gonzaga, (3) Duke, (4) Michigan State, (5) Miami. That assumes those playing today and tomorrow don’t lose. Miami will be fine.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR