Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The new Top 25 AP (media) poll is out... top 5 are:
1. Indiana
2. Duke
3. Miami
4. Michigan
5. Gonzaga

Kansas drops from #5 to #14. Hope they can bounce back. They are a better team than #14 IMHO. Good to see Miami (FL) get some respect - moved up from #8 to #3... still don’t understand them being ranked behind the Dookies, except that the world seems to love Dook more than they should.

USA Today (coaches) poll is also out:
1. Duke
2. Indiana
3. Gonzaga
4. Miami
5. Michigan

same top 5, different order...Kansas 13 in USA Today poll.

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The new Top 25 AP Coaches poll is out... top 5 are:
1. Indiana
2. Duke
3. Miami
4. Michigan
5. Gonzaga

Kansas drops from #5 to #14. Hope they can bounce back. They are a better team than #14 IMHO. Good to see Miami (FL) get some respect - moved up from #8 to #3... still don?t understand them being ranked behind the Dookies, except that the world seems to love Dook more than they should.

I'm sure D will be happy with "The U" being #3. Duke just barely survive BC, don't know if #2 is deserved. Being in the top #5 has been a curse so far this year for everyone. Can't wait till March Madness to see how crazier it gets.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure D will be happy with "The U" being #3. Duke just barely survive BC, don't know if #2 is deserved. Being in the top #5 has been a curse so far this year for everyone. Can't wait till March Madness to see how crazier it gets.

I can accept Indiana being number 1, but Duke does not deserve to be ranked ahead of the U. No way!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Kansas vs Kansas St. tonight at 9 on ESPN. Can your Jayhawks redeem themselves tonight, Blink?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
(Laughing)...C'mon dude, give Blink some hope...:D

I’d really like to, but I seriously don’t see it tonight. K-State is playing pretty good basketball right now. The thing in Kansas' favor is that it’s in Allen Field House where Kansas had been pretty unbeatable... until... :(

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I?d really like to, but I seriously don?t see it tonight. K-State is playing pretty good basketball right now. The thing in Kansas' favor is that it?s in Allen Field House where Kansas had been pretty unbeatable... until... :(

I hear you...:D...Hopefully, it'll be an exciting and competitive game.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
D, maybe for your sake its a good thing they don't get the #1 ranking, seeing as how everyone who gets it this year loses ;)

Everyone loses every year... well since 1976 when the Hoosiers stood as the last unbeaten men's NCAA champion. But I do get your point. It’s been a great place to grow a huge target on your back over the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everyone loses every year... well since 1976 when the Hoosiers stood as the last unbeaten men's NCAA champion. But I do get your point. It?s been a great place to grow a huge target on your back over the past 5 or 6 weeks.

In regard to "The U", they are still unbeaten in conference play & that alone makes them a target. Add to that, the exposure and media respect & that University of Miami swagger, every remaining opponent will be playing the role of spoiler.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
BIG Monday on ESPN - nervous time..

The time for being nervous is over. It's put up or shut up time, my friend. The battle for the "sunflower state" is at hand and K-State wants to be the new Alpha Male. Will Kansas lick its wounds and come out fighting like a cornered wolf or will they simply roll over and take it? We'll know soon enough, huh?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, so far so good. Kansas is holding K-State in check and they are playing with urgency. Hopefully, they won't wear down and allow K-State to battle back and steal this game.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, Miami. Take control of this game before FSU develop the belief that they can compete with you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the fact that FSU is still in this game and within striking distance to retake the lead. They now have the confidence and belief that they can win, and on top of that, they're on their home court. Watching this game is driving me crazy. The current 2-pt lead with 10:29 left to play isn't going to cut it for the U.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The #1 ranked Hoosiers thrashed Nebraska tonight... now tied with Michigan State for the BigTen lead.

#2 Duke, #3 Miami, #17 Oklahoma State, #19 New Mexico, #21 Notre Dame and #22 Memphis all won.

#6 Syracuse and #11 Butler lost.

#23 Oregon is playing on the west coast.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The #1 ranked Hoosiers thrashed Nebraska tonight... now tied with Michigan State for the BigTen lead.

#2 Duke, #3 Miami, #17 Oklahoma State, #19 New Mexico, #21 Notre Dame and #22 Memphis all won.

#6 Syracuse and #11 Butler lost.

#23 Oregon is playing on the west coast.

Duke & Miami didn't have an easy time getting the W, and believe me, during the Miami - FSU game, I caught myself yelling at the screen...lol...Still, I'm glad it's over and a win is a win.