NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK boys and girls, what are we watching tomorrow in addition to the LSU / ARK game (1:30 pm CT)? :cool:

TIA

Probably the Nebraska vs Iowa game at noon on ABC and South Florida vs Cincinnati at 7:00 P.M. on ESPN.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We'll see what happens. Saturday night, 2000hrs., on ABC.:p

Let me be the first to congratulate you, my friend. Notre Dame is indeed the real thing and deserves to play for the national championship. Of course, I'll deny that statement anytime I'm back home in my home state of Florida...;)...Take care, congratulations and Semper Fi.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
so ND struggles (at times) against an unranked SC

cannot wait for the playoff system. for real

What type of playoff system are you in favor of? Keep in mind that all these kids are in school, and that would probably have to shorten the football season. A "round robin" type of playoff, would extend the season into January, with the top two playing in February. Do you think that is a good idea, scholastically? I'd like to hear your thoughts, on this matter.:confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the undefeated regular season Notre Dame...enjoy it while it lasts lol! No offense but there is a wall right in front of your golden helmets...and it's not going to be pretty.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the undefeated regular season Notre Dame...enjoy it while it lasts lol! No offense but there is a wall right in front of your golden helmets...and it's not going to be pretty.

That's what I'm thinking. Ohio State will be the only undefeated team this year. It's nice seeing what Notre Dame did this year but I see either Georgia or/probably Alabama having a cakewalk of a game with them. OSU getting the AP National Title this year and ranked #1 next year.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. Ohio State will be the only undefeated team this year. It's nice seeing what Notre Dame did this year but I see either Georgia or/probably Alabama having a cakewalk of a game with them. OSU getting the AP National Title this year and ranked #1 next year.

Notre Dame will eat 'Bama for breakfast. The Irish will know who they are playing in a week, and will have plenty of time to prepare. Most college football programs have "scout teams", who's job it is to learn, and run most of the opponent's plays. Alabama better have Forrest Gump on their return team. HaHa. GO IRISH!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Fans will be fans...but sometimes you have to look at the season's history, and in that, Notre Dame is going to have a VERY tough time beating either team. An easy example would be the following game between both clubs...

Michigan vs. ND - 13-6
Michigan vs. Bama - 41-14

...the differentials on ALL sides of the ball are staggering. And while ND was able to win the game, looking at the stats one can deduce a good bit about a game between Bama and ND. Now we all have the "any given Saturday" comment to contend with, and it's true, anything can happen...who would have thought KSU would fall like they did to Baylor...but keep this in mind, Nick Saban understands the big game like NO other coach in the NCAA right now (and for some time), the man knows how to turn a team on 110% when given enough time, last year he made an LSU team that looked unstoppable seem like a high school team compared to his crimson tide.

And on the other side of the coin you have UGA...a team headed by a coach that could potentially lose his job if he doesn't make the title game, about 8 players that will unquestionably play in the NFL (and most on the defensive side of the ball), and a team that is so hungry for a national title because they haven't had one since the last time they saw ND...and won.

ND is a good team...both SEC candidates are good teams with moments of greatness. In the big show, the SEC will win.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And no offense to Ohio State fans, but with half your significant wins coming against teams that were FAR removed from ranking, that undefeated record (while nice) did not represent a top ranked team. If you ended up in the BCS championship game, it may have been a great game against Notre Dame, but you guys would have lost to every other top 10 team (I'd say the same about ND but they squeaked by Stanford in OT so they get the nod there).

2 years ago Georgia Tech was ranked #6 at the end of the season...and even as a fan i knew it was a fluke because they would have been hammered by the other teams surrounding them (and actually were beaten pretty significantly by Iowa (who i believe were #9) in the Orange Bowl).

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't underestimate Brian Kelly. He's the best coach that ND has had since Lou Holtz. He can run the option with Everett Golson, and they have an excellent defense. They will also have plenty of time to learn the other team's playbook. Whoever ND plays, it will be a down & dirty, old school style football game.

Give me ND+14, and i'll take that bet all day long. GO IRISH!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He's a fine coach, and they have a lot of time to prepare...but look at what preparation did for LSU, they actually had more preparation because they actually played Bama AND beat them, not to mention they had a brutal schedule last year. They took their trip to the BCS game with the expectation of a great game...and got embarrassed.

And ND does have a fine defense at times, but other times, their defense looked atrocious...the Pitt game comes to mind, which you guys should have lost, but by the gift of their kicker, you were able to squeak it out. Pitt is not even a good team, they are an ok team (as were many of the teams you guys played this season).

Again, ND deserves their spot in the title game...no argument from me there, you beat who you had to and you found ways to win...as far as bets go, there's no way to legitimately make either side give up the cash so we can all talk a big game, the truth is, and this is just my opinion, but here are my calls on either game scenario.

Bama vs. ND - 42 - 17
UGA vs. ND - 28 - 14

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
He's a fine coach, and they have a lot of time to prepare...but look at what preparation did for LSU, they actually had more preparation because they actually played Bama AND beat them, not to mention they had a brutal schedule last year. They took their trip to the BCS game with the expectation of a great game...and got embarrassed.

And ND does have a fine defense at times, but other times, their defense looked atrocious...the Pitt game comes to mind, which you guys should have lost, but by the gift of their kicker, you were able to squeak it out. Pitt is not even a good team, they are an ok team (as were many of the teams you guys played this season).

Again, ND deserves their spot in the title game...no argument from me there, you beat who you had to and you found ways to win...as far as bets go, there's no way to legitimately make either side give up the cash so we can all talk a big game, the truth is, and this is just my opinion, but here are my calls on either game scenario.

Bama vs. ND - 42 - 17
UGA vs. ND - 28 - 14

O.K. I don't agree with your predictions, but i understand where you are coming from. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
And no offense to Ohio State fans, but with half your significant wins coming against teams that were FAR removed from ranking, that undefeated record (while nice) did not represent a top ranked team. If you ended up in the BCS championship game, it may have been a great game against Notre Dame, but you guys would have lost to every other top 10 team (I'd say the same about ND but they squeaked by Stanford in OT so they get the nod there).

2 years ago Georgia Tech was ranked #6 at the end of the season...and even as a fan i knew it was a fluke because they would have been hammered by the other teams surrounding them (and actually were beaten pretty significantly by Iowa (who i believe were #9) in the Orange Bowl).

While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance. I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment. Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections. The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great. More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR