No, Lance, say it isn't so!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was and and still am a big fan of Lance Armstrong. been watching his whole career

now i know he has had his ups & downs with doping allegations be he seemed to always dance around it and then it would go away. if he is found to have used performance-enhancing drugs i will more than likely lose most of my faith in all of Sports

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency brings doping charges against Lance Armstrong

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is bringing doping charges against seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, questioning his victories in those storied cycling races.

Armstrong, who retired from cycling last year, could face a lifetime ban from the sport if he is found to have used performance-enhancing drugs.

The story was first reported Wednesday by the Washington Post.

The charges from USADA come just months after federal prosecutors closed a two-year criminal investigation of Armstrong without indicting him.

Armstrong maintained his innocence, saying: ''I have never doped, and, unlike many of my accusers, I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one.''

so if he passed all of these tests then why are we here now???

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Seriously?!?!

Lance Armstrong barred from Ironman France amid USADA charges

Updated Jun 14, 2012 1:40 PM ET

PARIS (AP)

Organizers of Ironman France say Lance Armstrong can no longer compete in the triathlon this month after the U.S. anti-doping agency filed new charges that he doped as a Tour de France cyclist.

Ironman France spokeswoman Delphine Vivet said Armstrong was told Wednesday that he is out of the June 24 race in Nice, southern France, because of the new USADA proceedings against him. She said he is barred from the race under World Triathlon Corporation rules.

She says, ''He cannot take the start.''

The seven-time Tour champion was in southern France preparing for the triathlon. On Tuesday, he tweeted that he had been on the Col D'Eze, a climb near Nice, earlier that day.

not surprised. the French dislike Lance :rolleyes:

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The French hate him, and their continued assaults and repeated harassment has put pressure on the U.S. agency to do something. However, I don't think they'll turn up a single thing that incriminates him.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really haven't been following the case closely, but my question is simple. Where's the proof? Accusations without evidence to back them are considered hearsay and unless it can be proved that the results of all his years of drug testing had been rigged, his victories should remain as such. Thus far, this gives the appearance of a witch hunt and that relentless witch hunt has resulted in a man who has decided to say enough is enough. I'm tired. Do whatever you want, I just don't care anymore. Why? Everyone has a breaking point. On the other hand, he could truly be guilty, but I won't claim that he is until I see proof.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
He's done. Several Americans who work with him were ready to testify they saw him taking drugs.

Last edited:

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
He's done. Several Americans who work with him were ready to testify they saw him taking drugs.

Yes, his former teammates. From what I've always understood is he's not always the easiest to get along with so I question their validity in this. Sounds more of a personal grudge. He has never been found guilty in any testing that's been done. The rush to judgement saying he's guilty when he has been tested numerous times is just the way society and the media are today. Guilty until proven innocent, which he's done EVERY time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting what has happened since this investigation started...it is the essence of a witch hunt, but i don't know where exactly my opinion on Armstrong is now, because giving up on this fight, in many people's eyes, will be the kiss of death and basically make him appear guilty.

But what about the hundreds and hundreds of drug tests he took with no positive yields? The guy was proven innocent by all the means we have to do so, and yet they still let him hang while they searched for more. They were allowing people to simply state they saw him use drugs as legitimate testimony...we're in a world of trouble if that is the way the justice system is heading right now...given the right motive, anyone will say they saw anything these days.

The man, for all intents and purposes, was not guilty...but i still find it strange that he would just back out of the whole effort after so much was put into it.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just remember that he fought, and beat, CANCER. I believe that the constant harassment finally wore him down. I blame the French for pushing this for so long. He beat them at their own game, and they hate him for it. Militarily speaking, if not for the U.S., everyone in France would be speaking German.:)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Negative tests dont mean he didn't take any drugs, Ben Johnson got several negative doping tests before he was caught ( he pretty much overdose for the olympics and didn't give it enough time before the olympics started )..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Negative tests dont mean he didn't take any drugs, Ben Johnson got several negative doping tests before he was caught ( he pretty much overdose for the olympics and didn't give it enough time before the olympics started )..

So, guilty until he's proven himself innocent on your planet...

I don't want to live on your planet.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So, guilty until he's proven himself innocent on your planet...

I don't want to live on your planet.

Nope, that wasn't what I meant and yes , we both live in the same planet.
I was just pointing out negative dope results dont mean he's innocent, it is a fact that a positive dope test can be avoided, that's all i was saying.
I never said he was guilty.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i met Lance when i lived in California and followed him with more interest from that day forward. i looked up to him in various ways, still do. he gave millions hope when they thought there was zero

i do not know if anything or anyone can ever be trusted again in the professional sports world. gone are the days of a valid personal achievement without question

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The above quote gave the impression that you thought he was guilty based on the fact that 'several Americans who work with him were ready to testify they saw him taking drugs'. In my former profession, I can't count the number of times people got together to accuse someone of wrongdoing just to find out later on that they all lied. Again, I'm not saying that Lance didn't do what he's accused of, but I am saying that I will not find him guilty without proof. Yes, it is possible that all of his test results were compromised somehow. I don't know, but you would think that after the Marion Jones fiasco that someone in Armstrong's position would be closely scrutinized. But hey, that's just my opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Over 400 tests i'd say is pretty convincing...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Big red flags:
1) He's not gonna fight the charges, he has overcome many things in life before but he's giving up everything now.
2) I saw a couple of testimonies from his American teammates ( a few of them lost olympic medals and wee barred from competing ) and I think 12 people telling the same story is a pretty solid evidence. ( yes, I know 12 people could conspire to screw him up but really? )
3 ) the USDA did in fact find evidence of doping and steroid, it's been in the news.
4) Tests showed he did some blood transfusions to manipulate the results in 2009

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
More guilty until proven innocent, and/or guilt by insinuation, or association that "everybody was doping".

Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Armstrong is guilty. If that had existed, it would have been brought out by now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh