NFL Discussion thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You might be right. I feel like he might be better. Don't ask my why I feel that way. He just might stay healthier.

Winston can throw the ball better than RG3, and has better pocket focus...but Winston is already scared of NFL D-lines and pass rushers. You can see it on his face...he's not even seen a full on, regular season game and the kid looks terrified. He was sitting on the side line after scrambling for a TD in one of the games and his face just said "That was not pleasant."

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Winston can throw the ball better than RG3, and has better pocket focus...but Winston is already scared of NFL D-lines and pass rushers. You can see it on his face...he's not even seen a full on, regular season game and the kid looks terrified. He was sitting on the side line after scrambling for a TD in one of the games and his face just said "That was not pleasant."

All great points. He better hope his O-line is better than RG3's or he'll get lit up like a Christmas tree.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Turned out to be correct.

Vick was a monster in his prime...imagine if he left his idiocy behind him when he got to the NFL and stuck with a mature life style where his craft could grow without all the speed bumps? I thought the Falcons were going to win the Super Bowl with him when he first entered the league, but quickly saw what he was when he did media interviews...you can take the thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the thug.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Think Winston will get better overtime ?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Vick was a monster in his prime...imagine if he left his idiocy behind him when he got to the NFL and stuck with a mature life style where his craft could grow without all the speed bumps? I thought the Falcons were going to win the Super Bowl with him when he first entered the league, but quickly saw what he was when he did media interviews...you can take the thug out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the thug.

He was something new that the league hadn't seen before. Once there was more and more film on him, defenses started to adjust. That's when you could see the laziness set-in. Didn't prepare right for games, stayed up late nights playing Xbox and eating mcdonalds, and things of that nature. Even without the dog fighting stuff, I don't think he was going to go any further. I do think that he missed a good opportunity to play under Petrino.

I really thought the Falcons were going to win at least one Super Bowl, too. I think they still have themselves a good window of opportunity with Matt Ryan. If guys could just be healthy at the right time, they could be pretty good again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Think Winston will get better overtime ?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

I don't think he'll have enough time. The NFL is a very cut throat league now...QB's have to show very quick acclimation to NFL style defenses and the spectrum of play calling and what not in order to find any success...they also have to enter the league almost fearless. Look at Kaepernick...the guy is a monster physically in terms of QB's, and he can scramble well...but he's like a 2nd rate symphony now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets over shadowed more and more as the seasons go on. Winston is not as good as he is...hell, Cam Newton is better than Winston, and Cam has to have a stud receiver just to get a ball down the field.

I think we're watching a reversion back to your standard pocket passer qb being the most attractive rookies.

He was something new that the league hadn't seen before. Once there was more and more film on him, defenses started to adjust. That's when you could see the laziness set-in. Didn't prepare right for games, stayed up late nights playing Xbox and eating mcdonalds, and things of that nature. Even without the dog fighting stuff, I don't think he was going to go any further. I do think that he missed a good opportunity to play under Petrino.

I really thought the Falcons were going to win at least one Super Bowl, too. I think they still have themselves a good window of opportunity with Matt Ryan. If guys could just be healthy at the right time, they could be pretty good again.

I think we'll be making a resurgence now with this new skipper. We have a great team right now, but we are very light on O-line. If the rest of the team makes a great stride this season, we can fix the O-line next off season and honestly be a power house I believe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative