NFL Discussion thread

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The punishment is appropriate, in my opinion.

I have no problem with the punishment at all. It's on the level of PEDs... and so was the transgression - cheating. It matters not whether the Patriots needed to cheat to beat the Colts. The facts say that they DID cheat, and thereby jeopardized the integrity of the NFL.

The spygate issue from 2007 also had to have figured into this. In college, it would qualify as "lack of institutional control". In the NFL, it's a pattern of cheating and thumbing their noses at the rulebook.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem with the punishment at all. It's on the level of PEDs... and so was the transgression - cheating. It matters not whether the Patriots needed to cheat to beat the Colts. The facts say that they DID cheat, and thereby jeopardized the integrity of the NFL.

That's exactly how you have to look at the situation - whether it jeopardizes the "integrity" of the game, and it did. A majority of football fans understand that players "cheat" while playing the game, especially on defense, by it is so common that it's tolerable. Deflating a football in a conference championship game against another popular team when you have a reputation as a rule bender, the perception of that is of something sinister.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am also guessing that Mr. Kraft will not be getting that apology...

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitely determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure in the footballs, I would expect and hope the league would apologize to our entire team and in particular coach Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure the last week. I am disappointed in the way the entire matter has been handled and reported upon," Kraft said.

Kraft expects apology from NFL if no tampering found - NFL.com

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What a dumba$$...it'd be like an opera singer taking a flaming shot and burning her mouth and throat. The guy gets paid an incredible amount of money because of what his hands and feet can do...why would he even consider such an idiotic thing? I mean sure, everyone sets off fireworks and many times they get hurt...but not everyone has a $60mill contract that screams "Watch other people do it" like he does, lol!

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What a dumba$$...it'd be like an opera singer setting off fireworks with her mouth. The guy gets paid an incredible amount of money because of what his hands and feet can do...why would he even consider such an idiotic thing? I mean sure, everyone sets off fireworks and many times they get hurt...but not everyone has a $60mill contract that screams "Watch other people do it" like he does, lol!

What's funny is that he wasn't inclined to take the offer because his agent thought he should get a bit more. So now if he goes on the NFI, he won't even get the $14.8 mil owed to him this coming season. This is Plaxico Burress-esque.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can only guess there was a substantial amount of alcohol involved... No one can be that stupid to risk that kind of $$$

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Does it seem like Football season is taking forever to get here or is it just me? I'm ready for some FOOTBALL

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I tuned to NBC this past Sunday at 7pm thinking the game would be on. Wishful thinking on my part, I was trying one week early.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the Ray Rice interview via the WatchTV app on my TV, and I must say, it was worth the time to view. He was honest and humble, in my opinion...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh