NFL Discussion thread

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, so what is Chip gonna do with Mark Sanchez ? Hell, I thought he was a pretty good quarterback. He had a lot of interceptions though.

It'll be pretty interesting if the Eagles or Redskins were to pick Murray up, but the Eagles just picked Frank Gore up from San Fran. Yeah, hopefully Brees sticks around as long as Peyton has. Winston would be a great pick up, I'd prefer Marcus instead. Doesn't Winston still have that charge pending against him still ? I've heard several rumors of the Bucs trying to get him. I heard the Lions always dropped Reggie Miller, why'd they do that & what's they Browns current QB situation because Hoyer is suppose to sign with Houston. I just heard that they're trading Ryan To The Jets. I haven't heard anything on Johnny lately.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

Sanchez signed with the Eagles. Frank Gore is going to the Colts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean Reggie Bush? If Reggie "3 Point King" Miller is playing football now, color me impressed, lol! I think Bush is going to go to the Patriots...Pats just dropped Shane Vereen, so they'll be looking to grab a back that isn't a team leader and can just accept he's going to be a tool in the chest amongst another 100 tools...Bush seems to be that kind of back now.

I doubt Mariota or Winston are still on the board when the Saints are ready to pick...but I CAN see them going after a major receiver in the 1st round and looking at the left over QB's in the 2nd or 3rd round. UGA's Aaron Murray would be a decent project the Saints could go after...

I really think Murray is going to go to a lower grade team with a huge budget...the only other team that I kind of get a weird hint from is Carolina. They just dropped DeAngelo Williams out of no where, so they'll be in the market for a new back...

Lol, yeah Reggie Bush. The Patriots would be nice. He really didn't make to much noise in Detroit, so they'll probably look else where before settling on him IF they're even considering that option. My guess is Winston is getting picked up before anyone in the draft them Mariota. Any reason why Carolina dropped him ? I think Murray would make a nice addition in Oakland.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Really !? The Eagles agreed to Send LeSean McCoy to the Bills in exchange for Gore.

McCoy went to Bills for Kiko Alonso
Gore was a free agent was about to sign with Philly but changed his mind after talking to McCoy lol.
McCoy kinda of jokingly confirmed this on NFL Network yesterday he said he was joking but probably wasn't.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol, yeah Reggie Bush. The Patriots would be nice. He really didn't make to much noise in Detroit, so they'll probably look else where before settling on him IF they're even considering that option. My guess is Winston is getting picked up before anyone in the draft them Mariota. Any reason why Carolina dropped him ? I think Murray would make a nice addition in Oakland.

Problem with Murray going to Oakland is that Oakland has had a feature back for YEARS in McFadden, and they've done absolutely nothing with him there...he's stood out as an amazing RB, but what good does that do if you don't win anything legitimate while doing it?

I think the Raiders just removed themselves from the Murray bid though because they've apparently signed Helu today, and that would pretty much negate any plans for such a high profile back since the combo of Helu and Mcfadden would make such a big signing a bit overkill.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mariota goes #1, and Winston goes #3 or #4. Anything could happen though, and we've seen QB's thought to be high draft picks falter and fall to late first round choices...Johnny Football was one, Tebow was another...although I think the two prime time QB's this draft class are far more talented than either of those guys were.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Problem with Murray going to Oakland is that Oakland has had a feature back for YEARS in McFadden, and they've done absolutely nothing with him there...he's stood out as an amazing RB, but what good does that do if you don't win anything legitimate while doing it?

I think the Raiders just removed themselves from the Murray bid though because they've apparently signed Helu today, and that would pretty much negate any plans for such a high profile back since the combo of Helu and Mcfadden would make such a big signing a bit overkill.

Just goes to show that the running back position isn't as important as it used to be. This is why we see all these two-headed running backs type-things in the NFL these past few years. Murray is a great running back, but he'll remain great maybe for another season or two before it starts to go downhill. These guys have a very short shelf life so I don't blame anyone for not paying him a ton of guaranteed money.

I'm not saying you don't need some semblance of a running game, because you do. Look at how great Andrew Luck is with a subpar O-line and a bad running game. Imagine if dude at least had a better running game these past couple of seasons...

All in all, if I'm a fan of a certain team I wouldn't want my team blowing cap space for 3 years on a running back alone.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting to see chips big picture, and hope for the best.

The bright side is that we're not dealing with Andy Reid off seasons anymore!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just goes to show that the running back position isn't as important as it used to be. This is why we see all these two-headed running backs type-things in the NFL these past few years. Murray is a great running back, but he'll remain great maybe for another season or two before it starts to go downhill. These guys have a very short shelf life so I don't blame anyone for not paying him a ton of guaranteed money.

I'm not saying you don't need some semblance of a running game, because you do. Look at how great Andrew Luck is with a subpar O-line and a bad running game. Imagine if dude at least had a better running game these past couple of seasons...

All in all, if I'm a fan of a certain team I wouldn't want my team blowing cap space for 3 years on a running back alone.

This is why I was so baffled when Mike Smith and Tom Dimitroff signed SJax a few years ago for such a large contract (for such an old player)...at the time, we could have re-signed some of our power house defensive players that ran for the border...including Abraham, which sickened me when he left.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is why I was so baffled when Mike Smith and Tom Dimitroff signed SJax a few years ago for such a large contract (for such an old player)...at the time, we could have re-signed some of our power house defensive players that ran for the border...including Abraham, which sickened me when he left.
That's a case of people who are in leadership trying to outthink the room and act like they're smarter than everyone. I remember Steven Jackson's last year with the Rams. There was talk of retirement! The Falcons were foolish enough to give him lots of money up front and it hurt their cap.

These players' agents have been smart enough now to receive a lot of guaranteed money up front because usually the last half of a contract in the NFL is worthless. Look at Revis' deal with the Jets. It's all front loaded for him. It does also benefit the team because if they decide to release him in 2 years at least the cap hit isn't very big.

I'm just going off on tangents now because this whole free agency party has got me completely wasted lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's a case of people who are in leadership trying to outthink the room and act like they're smarter than everyone. I remember Steven Jackson's last year with the Rams. There was talk of retirement! The Falcons were foolish enough to give him lots of money up front and it hurt their cap.

These players' agents have been smart enough now to receive a lot of guaranteed money up front because usually the last half of a contract in the NFL is worthless. Look at Revis' deal with the Jets. It's all front loaded for him. It does also benefit the team because if they decide to release him in 2 years at least the cap hit isn't very big.

I'm just going off on tangents now because this whole free agency party has got me completely wasted lol

I thought it was hilarious that Revis jumped ship with the Pats when that was probably the ONLY way he'd win another ring in this league before he is obsolete (which is probably only a year or two from now). That was a pure money move...

And speaking of stupid moves...Sean Weatherspoon leaves the Falcons for the Cardinals calling it a "difference of priority" because he says he was upset about the player drops the Falcons made. I say GOOD RIDDANCE to someone who places their personal relationships with his buddies vs. the betterment of the team...and unfortunately the Cardinals are going to learn why he wasn't a real big prize here in Atlanta because he couldn't stay healthy...AT ALL.

Murray to Eagles is going to be weird.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to see how this all comes together. Bradford and Sanchez got me scurred.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a feeling that the Cowboys are going to miss him more in the fall than they can realize today.

If they can fill his hole with 2 different backs I don't think it'll be that bad.

That guy is so better off in Philly. Whenever the Cowboys lost close games it was mostly because the offense wasn't feeding him the ball.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to see how this all comes together. Bradford and Sanchez got me scurred.

I think chip has some more tricks up his sleeve.

I'm thoroughly enjoying finally having a coach who is unpredictable.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope it all works out on the field us (Philly). All the trades and signings are what they are. If Kelly can make it work on the field is my thing.
My concern is QB. I liked Foles but I had concerns about him. He couldn't extend plays. Sanchez. Forget it. Bradford, hasn't played in two years. I liked him coming out of college but that was then. So it's just wait and see. Right now I still see Seattle as the team to beat in the NFC especially with Jimmy Graham.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope it all works out on the field us (Philly). All the trades and signings are what they are. If Kelly can make it work on the field is my thing.
My concern is QB. I liked Foles but I had concerns about him. He couldn't extend plays. Sanchez. Forget it. Bradford, hasn't played in two years. I liked him coming out of college but that was then. So it's just wait and see. Right now I still see Seattle as the team to beat in the NFC especially with Jimmy Graham.

Honestly, healthy (key word)...Bradford is better than Foles.

I still think chip has something up his sleeve. And mariota not doing well on his pro day is a little fishy to me.

We shall see! But I'm loving the excitement and suspense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox