NFL Discussion thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: NFL thread

My iMore NFL fans are letting me down...no comments on the draft! For shame!

And what a boring draft lol! Only a few big surprises to me, the Saints passing on JJ was insanity, but they did grab a good safety. Jerry Jones is a complete ninny...i think he has brain damage or something, because his deal for the cowboys last night was a nightmare for their franchise.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

My iMore NFL fans are letting me down...no comments on the draft! For shame!

And what a boring draft lol! Only a few big surprises to me, the Saints passing on JJ was insanity, but they did grab a good safety. Jerry Jones is a complete ninny...i think he has brain damage or something, because his deal for the cowboys last night was a nightmare for their franchise.

When 3 of the first 4 picks are lineman, not much excitement to write about. I give up on my Cowboys. We won't change anything around till Jerry Jones is not calling the shots anymore. Only surprise I saw was buffalo jumping up to get EJ Manual and watching Gino Smith just sit and sit and sit as name after name were called

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When 3 of the first 4 picks are lineman, not much excitement to write about. I give up on my Cowboys. We won't change anything around till Jerry Jones is not calling the shots anymore. Only surprise I saw was buffalo jumping up to get EJ Manual and watching Gino Smith just sit and sit and sit as name after name were called

​'nuf said...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Geno Smith was fighting tears last night and it was hilarious...I don't particularly like seeing people suffer, but in this case it was funny, he was assured by nearly the entire sporting world that he would be an easy first round pick, and then what happens? Crickets...

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I actually like both the eagles and Steelers picks in the draft. I really think Lane Johnson can be a big help for the eagles offensive line. The Steelers made a good choice with adding a OLB in Jarvis Jones.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Geno Smith was fighting tears last night and it was hilarious...I don't particularly like seeing people suffer, but in this case it was funny, he was assured by nearly the entire sporting world that he would be an easy first round pick, and then what happens? Crickets...

I know, right? I felt bad for the kid, but that's how it is sometimes.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

a similar thing happened to aaron rodgers as I recall, things worked out pretty well for him . . but then again aaron's pretty special :)

edit: actually just read an article saying that aaron rodgers tweeted geno "good things come to those who wait"

Last edited:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I actually like both the eagles and Steelers picks in the draft. I really think Lane Johnson can be a big help for the eagles offensive line. The Steelers made a good choice with adding a OLB in Jarvis Jones.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

I'm a Steelers fan and I totally agree. Couldn't be happier with this draft.....and I'm NEVER happy with their picks.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm a Steelers fan and I totally agree. Couldn't be happier with this draft.....and I'm NEVER happy with their picks.

Yeah I think the Rooneys and Coach Tomlin did well this year. Things may even be looking up.

... Assuming our players can actually play instead of being on IR.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The New York Jet has reportedly released Tebow.
adugujad.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

About time. Took them long enough. Too bad for him they waited till after the draft, don't see anyone jumping up to grab him. Only place he had a chance was Jacksonville but that seems unlikely now.

I know and, in my opinion, the Jets' stint harmed him far more than it helped.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

The Jets ruined that man's career...I really hope that a team finds a spot for him because he's an amazing athlete, and deserves a fair chance to be used as he would be very effective in certain scenarios. I never liked the Jets organization for no particular reason, now i have one.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
David Garrard is retiring from the Jets because of knee problems. It looks like a two way battle for QB between Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He made the right decision...his knee was just done, and he was not going to be able to play on the level of a brand new, fresh out of college QB and even Sanchez, who may suck, but has remained healthy. Props to him for not prolonging the inevitable and just going out with some dignity.