NFL Discussion thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: NFL thread

Vick shouldn't and doesn't have the confidence in those who protect him because they don't protect him. He gets eaten alive every game while running for his life. But some how the o line learns how to block when nick comes in the game? That's not something that can be put on Vick. Yea he's turn over prone but that's expected when it always running outside the pocket since the line has so many holes in it. Interesting like I said though they learn to block when some one else is in. Interested in seeing how this is going to play out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I disagree to an extent, i think you can blame Vick in cases where he's scrambled in a situation where he was supposed to throw...the O-line isn't as fast as Vick, nor can they read his very disorganized scrambling style...they've commented before saying that Vick will call an audible on the line, make it seem like he's going to hand the ball off or run himself, then he'll drop back because he sees a hole and he'll stand in the pocket too long (and he's not a very good throwing QB, so his reads are a bit sketchy)...imagine a line that just blocked for a good run that now has their QB standing in the pocket, and he gets popped, and then gets mad because his line didn't block for him.

Vick is a wild card...and it must be damn near impossible for that line to read him since he doesn't really know what he's doing half the time himself. His receivers have said many times that they can't get a read on him on the line consistently because as soon as they run a pattern, they'll look up and there's Vick running to the corner and getting hammered, or dropping back and running back and forth before deciding to throw.

Vick was amazing when he was younger, now he's just a back up at best...i think the future in Philly is going to reside in their team finding a good pocket QB that they can stand behind, and one that doesn't blame everyone but himself when the hits the fan and it wasn't obviously his fault.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

I disagree to an extent, i think you can blame Vick in cases where he's scrambled in a situation where he was supposed to throw...the O-line isn't as fast as Vick, nor can they read his very disorganized scrambling style...they've commented before saying that Vick will call an audible on the line, make it seem like he's going to hand the ball off or run himself, then he'll drop back because he sees a hole and he'll stand in the pocket too long (and he's not a very good throwing QB, so his reads are a bit sketchy)...imagine a line that just blocked for a good run that now has their QB standing in the pocket, and he gets popped, and then gets mad because his line didn't block for him.

Vick is a wild card...and it must be damn near impossible for that line to read him since he doesn't really know what he's doing half the time himself. His receivers have said many times that they can't get a read on him on the line consistently because as soon as they run a pattern, they'll look up and there's Vick running to the corner and getting hammered, or dropping back and running back and forth before deciding to throw.

Vick was amazing when he was younger, now he's just a back up at best...i think the future in Philly is going to reside in their team finding a good pocket QB that they can stand behind, and one that doesn't blame everyone but himself when the hits the fan and it wasn't obviously his fault.

I have not seen Vick run as much this season, except when trying not to get sacked behind the line of scrimmage. On too many occasions, I have seen an opposing defense easily break through the Eagle's offensive line and sack Vick within seconds of the center snapping the ball. That is unacceptable, in my opinion, and somewhat suspect. Sure, he makes both running and throwing decisions that are not wise, but heck, as much grass and dirt that he eats "every" game, it's understandable...:D...If the players have lost confidence in Vick's ability and/or style of play then so be it. Get with the coaching staff, the ownership and with Vick and make the necessary changes and if it results in a QB change, fine, but don't stop blocking for the man play after play. I hope that made sense....(laughing)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: NFL thread

I have not seen Vick run as much this season, except when trying not to get sacked behind the line of scrimmage. On too many occasions, I have seen an opposing defense easily break through the Eagle's offensive line and sack Vick within seconds of the center snapping the ball. That is unacceptable, in my opinion, and somewhat suspect. Sure, he makes both running and throwing decisions that are not wise, but heck, as much grass and dirt that he eats "every" game, it's understandable...:D...If the players have lost confidence in Vick's ability and/or style of play then so be it. Get with the coaching staff, the ownership and with Vick and make the necessary changes and if it results in a QB change, fine, but don't stop blocking for the man play after play. I hope that made sense....(laughing)

I don't think it's a matter of them NOT blocking for him as much as it is that they don't know HOW to block for him sometimes. He eat's sh*t every game because he's known for being a wild card...he kind of does what he wants. QB's have to work with their line, not against them...and to me, and from what I've read, it seems he primarily works against them because they don't know what he's going to do.

He has stopped running as much though, i think mainly because he's so beat up now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Is it me or does the Steelers have the most hideous uniforms in ALL of football at any level?...hahaha

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Is it me or does the Steelers have the most hideous uniforms in ALL of football at any level?...hahaha

Smh. These 1930's looking uniforms got to go lol. I love this team but lord those are some terrible looking uniforms! Look like some old jail uniforms or something.

Tapatalking

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Smh. These 1930's looking uniforms got to go lol. I love this team but lord those are some terrible looking uniforms! Look like some old jail uniforms or something.

Tapatalking

I know that's right...:D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Thus far, I am impressed with the Niners' backup QB, Kaepernick, and it's always great to see Frank Gore do his thing. Oh, and did I mention that he's an alumni of the U? :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Is it possible that we'll get a chance to see some offense from the Chicago Bears tonight?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh