NFL Discussion thread

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm just so depressed I can't think straight. I really think the punishment was way beyond the crime.
Knowing the whole story, I actually think it was warranted and could have been more, if any thing, especially with Williams getting an indefinite suspension.

They have to send a message for teams who haven't gotten caught yet, so it doesn't happen again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm just so depressed I can't think straight. I really think the punishment was way beyond the crime.

The crime was under the table bonuses paid out that escalated in amount based upon serverity of injury inflicted on an opposing team member. Just what would be punishment enough for a crime that could very well have ended another player's career?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
The crime was under the table bonuses paid out that escalated in amount based upon serverity of injury inflicted on an opposing team member. Just what would be punishment enough for a crime that could very well have ended another player's career?
Most fans will probably disagree with the punishment.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I disagree... after a three year investigation where the Saints players and coaches lied and denied... Roger Goodell brought the hammer down, and rightly so. In addition to the fines, the suspensions of coaches and the GM, there are STILL suspensions/fines to be imposed on the players involved...

All Goodell can do is come down hard and try to restore the honor and integrity of the game.

The possibility of ending the playing careers and possibly maiming other players make the punishment seem lenient, IMHO. Football is violent enough in its purest form. There's no place for this BS in the game.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Bronco fan so believe me when I tell you that Brady Quinn was traded a day or two ago to Kansas City. So yes you'll be able to watch Quinn in a Broncos game twice a year...

They sent him in the wrong direction! I would love to see Quinn playing for my Raiders.:D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I dont really follow fb much at all but know of some players names here and there. Apparently Tim Tebow was put onto the Jets as a secondary qb as of yesterday. Which I'm sure many of you avid nfl followers know already but just in case you didn't I figd I'd share:)

Sent from Pinks 4S using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Take that fugly emblem down! haha. Go GIANTS/JETS. Now I can root for Tebow? Haha!

Sean Payton... 1 year suspension!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little reminder.....

REFOwk15nyj@phi-copy.png

New-Miracle-New-Meadowlands.jpg

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like the old mobster sytem?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The Raiders are waiting for O.J. to get out of jail, then they'll be baaack!:D

I fully expect they will be an improving team over the next few years. What they needed was a real front office and a head coach that's allowed to be coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
who in the hell does Drew Brees think he is? holding out like a drama diva, smh

i'll laugh my ass off if he gets less than he wants

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If I was Brees why not hold out for the whole season? Might as well write it off now and sit this year out.
Doing that would decrease what he can ask for on his new contract.

Other teams would be scared to take a chance, seeing that NO didn't sign him, they may think something is up with his health or another (negative) reason why the Saints didn't sign him.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Doing that would decrease what he can ask for on his new contract.

Other teams would be scared to take a chance, seeing that NO didn't sign him, they may think something is up with his health or another (negative) reason why the Saints didn't sign him.

True but nonetheless, he might as well write off this coming season.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73